Too Much Protein is Dangerous

High protein/high fat diets can also have a negative overall impact on health, including the following:

* Increased risk of certain cancers
* Increased calcium excretion and increased risk of osteoporosis
* Reduced intake of vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals 

But Don’t Strength Athletes Need More Protein To Build Muscle?
Research hasn’t shown this. In fact most strength athletes get far more protein than is necessary to promote muscle synthesis. The current protein recommendations for optimal muscle building in a strength athlete is 1.6 - 1.7 gm protein per kg of body weight. For a athlete weighing 90 kg (200 pounds) that is a total of 145 - 154 grams of protein a day [about 3 small chicken breasts]. There is no scientific evidence that more than 2.0 grams of protein per kg of body weight has any additional benefit in muscle strength or size.

I just thought you guys should know…I don’t understand how this misconception got so popular. And before you challenge the source, know this. She is an endurance athlete, so she obviously knows something about muscle building, even if she is not muscle-bound like all of you protein over-eaters.

Glad I could give you guys the right advices.

Riiiiight, I’m gonna stop eating so much protein right now.

Fucktard

Who the hell let you out of your special cage?

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

Glad I could give you guys the right advices.[/quote]

Thank God you are here to dispense all this good “advices”

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
And before you challenge the source, know this. She is an endurance athlete, so she obviously knows something about muscle building, even if she is not muscle-bound like all of you protein over-eaters.
[/quote]

uhh… riight.
Doesn’t actually HAVING muscle imply the knowledge of how to build it?

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

And before you challenge the source, know this. She is an endurance athlete, so she obviously knows something about muscle building, even if she is not muscle-bound like all of you protein over-eaters.

Because endurance athletes are sooooo packed with muscle. You stick with your high carb diet, I’ll stick with my high protein and we’ll come back in 20 years and see if you look or perform as well as I do. Hell we could see right now…

I believe there is some truth to the mineral depletion from the bone marrow which is caused through too much protein and not enough alkalizing vegetables and fruits.

But it is plain freaking stupid to try and refute the fact that consuming lots of high quality protein is the most important factor in muscle synthesis.

What do I know though I’m just starting my muscle building phase, but I was an endurance athlete who could not put on muscle for the life of me until I started eating copious amounts of protein.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:

With that attitude, you will not go far in life.

this is a joke, dudes

Use of the word “advices” marks this as an obvious troll. Everyone knows you should only give bad advices anyway.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Use of the word “advices” marks this as an obvious troll. Everyone knows you should only give bad advices anyway.[/quote]

Indeed, sometimes it makes me wonder how people don’t pick up on these things.

protein is dangerous for people allergic to muscle building

Concentrate on eating enough protein to gain muscle, not make your arse fall out!

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
High protein/high fat diets can also have a negative overall impact on health, including the following:

* Increased risk of certain cancers
* Increased calcium excretion and increased risk of osteoporosis
* Reduced intake of vitamins, minerals, fiber and phytochemicals 

But Don’t Strength Athletes Need More Protein To Build Muscle?
Research hasn’t shown this. In fact most strength athletes get far more protein than is necessary to promote muscle synthesis. The current protein recommendations for optimal muscle building in a strength athlete is 1.6 - 1.7 gm protein per kg of body weight. For a athlete weighing 90 kg (200 pounds) that is a total of 145 - 154 grams of protein a day [about 3 small chicken breasts]. There is no scientific evidence that more than 2.0 grams of protein per kg of body weight has any additional benefit in muscle strength or size.

I just thought you guys should know…I don’t understand how this misconception got so popular. And before you challenge the source, know this. She is an endurance athlete, so she obviously knows something about muscle building, even if she is not muscle-bound like all of you protein over-eaters.

1.6-1.7 g protein per kg of BW is only enough for meeting a zero nitrogen balance…only maintaining muscle not building any.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2129150

Teh lolz, this is pretty obviously a joke guys.

My doctor tells me all the time to stop eating so much protein.

In fact, he told me that the only important factor is how much and how hard you train. Did you know that if you just spent five hours in the gym and ate a slice of meat you would grow more than someone who spent an hour in the gym and ate lots of damaging protein.

And yes, my doctor also happens to be skinny and weak, like the woman who wrote that article, but I am sure it is just a coincidence.

^ How about asking him to spend 5 hours in the gym and see how he’s able to function the next day and ask him how working out once every 2 weeks will build muscle because you take weeks off to recover from a 5 hour training session. This is the type of stuff that steered me completely away from studying anything in dieting a nutrition because I would be too busy arguing my point to the teacher getting kicked out.

I’ve never in my entire life and I’ll bet anyone else seen a muscle bound behemoth that says they eat like a 2 year old anorexic. IMHO knowledge never beats experience in this type of situation. But then it wouldn’t count as knowledge, but it would be a person that thinks they know something because they read it. When I read that snakes ride bicycles then I will believe it from now on. Now I’m off to pizza hut to order myself 2 slices of freshly squeezed lemons to go.

^He gets it

Guys one time I ate protein and I died.

Fortunately lactaid injected into my mangina brought me back to life.