Too Much? New To This...

I’ve been lifting for about a year, however the past 3 months less seriously than the first 9. I’m currently only taking protein powder and my multil-vits. i eat a pretty clean diet yet still have fat to lose. I plan on making some purchases tomorrow, how does this sound?

-HOT-ROX, seems to get good reviews here.
-NO2 for before/after workouts
-L- glut to mix with my protein

and

Anator, which claims to ‘turn on my genes’ for building muscle. I’ve always had no muscle and a bit of chub despite working my ass off so i kind of want to try this, since i’ve been blamming genetics for 20 years.

Thoughts? Am I like going to die by taking all this crap at ocne?

[quote]espezial wrote:
I’ve been lifting for about a year, however the past 3 months less seriously than the first 9. I’m currently only taking protein powder and my multil-vits. i eat a pretty clean diet yet still have fat to lose. I plan on making some purchases tomorrow, how does this sound?

and

Anator, which claims to ‘turn on my genes’ for building muscle. I’ve always had no muscle and a bit of chub despite working my ass off so i kind of want to try this, since i’ve been blamming genetics for 20 years.

Thoughts? Am I like going to die by taking all this crap at ocne?[/quote]

Hold on:

[quote]i’ve been blamming genetics for 20 years[/quote]…even though

[quote]I’ve been lifting for about a year[/quote]…on top of

wait:

[quote]i’ve been blamming genetics for 20 years[/quote]…yet did nothing until last

[quote]year[/quote]…and then trained LESS seriously for

[quote]the past 3 months [/quote]… which is why you want to buy a supplement that

[quote]claims to ‘turn on my genes’ for building muscle[/quote].

I’m confused. Wouldn’t training hard for the past 20 years have turned on your genes for building muscle? You can’t even lift seriously for a full year without dropping the intensity even less for over three months…so what is a supplement supposed to do? You are like the poster boy for people who think a pill will make up for lack of consistant hard work.

In fact, please buy all of those supplements and more. You should get much better sleep believing something will work hard FOR you.

Wow you fully deserved that… thats such a typical approach by college kids and newbs these days… absolutely retarded.

Alright man, first post, you got yourself rightfully flamed by prof X.

Now here’s the advice:

1. Get into the F’in gym regularly with consistent intensity (too many people don’t do this)

2. Eat the foods they say you should on this site, mainly by John Berardi (it’s a start at least) or Foods that make you look good nekkid.

3. Everything else will work itself out eventually. The only thing you actually need right now is PWO shake, possibly, with protein/maltodextrin/dextrose and fish oils just for health benefits.

Use these 3 rules for 6 - 12 months and you’ll see the most improvements you’ve seen out of yourself in a long time. Oh yea, also read, “Merry Christmas, Bob” by Chris Shugart.

I am going to keep this quick and simple.

1. You shouldn’t use any NO2 type products with HOT-ROX because you run the risk of dropping blood pressure to low.

2. You would be better served not worrying about fat loss and building some muscle on your frame with simple compound movements and good nutrition.

3. The only supps I would recommend at this point would be for nutrition and good health. Go into the store and read up on Metabolic Drive Complete, Surge, Flameout, and ZMA.

4. Make sure your diet consists of plenty of lean protein, vegetables and fruits, and healthy fats.

Take care,

D

My only advice to you is to challenge yourself in the gym, know your body/limitations, and train HEAVY!

[quote]tigerak02 wrote:
My only advice to you is to challenge yourself in the gym, know your body/limitations, and train HEAVY![/quote]

Best advice I’ve ever heard.

Save your money until you actually know what you are doing.

1. Pick a decent workout and then see it through to completion.

While you are doing that:

1. Read up on nutrition information.

2. Read up on recovery information.

3. Read up on workout information.

Amazingly, all of this information is available to you on this site. Really. However, if you really are searching for that magic pill you won’t find it here. In fact, you won’t find it anywhere.

If you stick around, by the time you finish #1 above, while doing the rest of the items, you’ll know what you should be doing and you’ll have figured out which supplements can help you IF you already have your shit together.

[quote]espezial wrote:
-HOT-ROX, seems to get good reviews here.[/quote]

fine

For before, get Spike instead:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1187310

For after, get Surge instead:

Get BCAA instead:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1123403

Get Alpha Male or TRIBEX instead:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1054351

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1006576

The crap you mentioned? Maybe. :slight_smile:

If you’re thinking to combine HOT-ROX with Alpha Male (not a good idea), see the comment by Tim Patterson at the end of this page:

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1054351&pageNo=1

The gist:

• primary goal is to lose fat? then combine HOT-ROX Extreme with TRIBEX
  • primary goal is to gain muscle? then take only Alpha Male (no HOT-ROX)

[quote]espezial wrote:

and

Thoughts? Am I like going to die by taking all this crap at ocne?[/quote]

You’ve been working your ass off? For a year? And you don’t look like a pro bodybuilder?

Well your genetics must be awful.