T Nation

too much motivation

So I am at the gym today and there is this kid who is a little fat, but nothing extreme. Anyway, he is on the treadmill walking at a quite brisk pace when all of a sudden he falls on his face. The thing that amazes me is he just got back up and continued at the same pace, his pace was fast enought that he should have been jogging but he was holding on to the railing. His mom gets on the treadmill next to him and tells him to slow down. The kid doesn’t so his mom yells at him then he complies at slows it down. I admire the kids determination, but don’t you think there is a point when your goals totally overlook the means? In my opinion if the kid continues on this die hard, to hell with the correct methodology mind set and decides to get muscular I think he is the perfect candidate for a teenage juice head. Have any of you ever seen anything like this? Don’t get me wrong I think it is great that he is becoming active, but when self injury is an issue it is time to step back and rethink things.

Well…fat kids are made fun of brutally and he’ll never get a date, so there’s a great deal of incentive for him to shape up. It’s really bad in jr high and high school.