Too Much Milk=Lactose Intolerance?

Right, many of you will just say I should ask this in Otep’s SS thread but I’ve already tried that and it ain’t yielding any answers

I’m starting Mark Rippetoe’s SS soon and I’m hoping to gain quite a bit of size form it. Coach Rip strongly recommends a gallon of milk a day for this, which I have no problem with as I love the stuff(especially the brand that only seems availible locally)…

But after reading a few of Christian Thibaudeau’s articles and reading about how he was once forced to use milk as his primary protein source for a week, and as a result he became quite lactose inolerant, I’m quite sceptical of the idea of having a gallon every day for 5-6 months…

Yes I have taken into consideration that Rip has 30 odd years of coaching and doing this under his belt and that if becoming lactose inolerant was a serious risk from drinking a gallon of milk a day, he simply wouldn’t recommend it…

So I suppose my question is, has anyone ever experianced, or know of people who have become lactose intolernat as a result of drinking this much milk…?

Feedback appreciated
Kevin

CT drank 5 cartons 3 times a day, how many gallons is that?

I certainly do not drink the amount you mentioned but I do drink a lot of milk. I drink at least three gallons a week but usually more. I have been doing this for many years except when watching overall carbs, and have never experienced any issues.

Christopher

[quote]matko5 wrote:
CT drank 5 cartons 3 times a day, how many gallons is that?[/quote]

How big was the carton? Can I have a picture with a shoe?

4 liters of milk a day? DAMN that’s a lot.

[quote]monkey_space wrote:
I certainly do not drink the amount you mentioned but I do drink a lot of milk. I drink at least three gallons a week but usually more. I have been doing this for many years except when watching overall carbs, and have never experienced any issues.

Christopher[/quote]

me too

I don’t see the necessity of so much milk on off days. There’s only so much muscle you gain in a given time period unless you are a super skinny dweeb.

I do SS right now and I’m just downing a ton of milk PWO along with about 1/2 a box of captain crunch. The milk provides more than enough casein protein to stay anti-catabolic even during sleep, and more than enough whey (20%) PWO to maximize muscle protein synthesis.

I have eaten a lot of dairy for quite a while with no issues

CT hates milk anyway, from what I’ve seen linked in recent physique clinics.

drink ur milk. raar get huge

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
monkey_space wrote:

Christopher

me too

I don’t see the necessity of so much milk on off days. There’s only so much muscle you gain in a given time period unless you are a super skinny dweeb.

I do SS right now and I’m just downing a ton of milk PWO along with about 1/2 a box of captain crunch. The milk provides more than enough casein protein to stay anti-catabolic even during sleep, and more than enough whey (20%) PWO to maximize muscle protein synthesis.

drink ur milk. raar get huge[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance, but PWO?

Caesein protein in milk…? Awesome, I didn’t even knoe that!

I also suspect having such severe reactions such as CT did could be largley gentetic as well

Milk helped me put on weight, i.e - fat around my stomach.

I cut it out of my diet, fat around my stomach has started to go away and my weight is going up.

Makes me feel sluggish and shit too. Milk is overrated.

[quote]actionjeff wrote:
monkey_space wrote:

Christopher

me too

drink ur milk. raar get huge[/quote]

BULKING: Just an excuse to eat half of a box of Captain Crunch

DAMNIT!!! STFU!!!

Drink the fucking milk you pussy!

If your lactose and tolerant you’ll find out in the first couple of days.

[quote]elano wrote:
DAMNIT!!! STFU!!!

Drink the fucking milk you pussy![/quote]
In case you missed it, I WANT to drink the milk, I just had a concern about it

In that case I know I’m not, I’ve always dran large amounts of milk, just not near the gallon a day mark

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
I also suspect having such severe reactions such as CT did could be largley gentetic as well[/quote]

You must be a genius.

How all of us respond to everything is based on our genetics.

Some people can drink milk all day without a problem. Others, to varying degrees, can’t.

Unfortunately, I fall in the “can’t” group even though I grew up around fresh dairy products.

[quote]elano wrote:
DAMNIT!!! STFU!!!

If your lactose and tolerant you’ll find out in the first couple of days.[/quote]

Lactose INtolerant not lactose and tolerant LMAO are you 12?

[quote]soontobeIFBB wrote:
elano wrote:
DAMNIT!!! STFU!!!

If your lactose and tolerant you’ll find out in the first couple of days.

Lactose INtolerant not lactose and tolerant LMAO are you 12? [/quote]

Ha!

I am Lactose! And Tolerant! Bow down before my might!

You can develop an adult allergy to milk, it’s not uncommon.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the amount you consume, but I imagine downing gallons daily wouldn’t help stave off the onset.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
actionjeff wrote:
monkey_space wrote:

Christopher

me too

drink ur milk. raar get huge

BULKING: Just an excuse to eat half of a box of Captain Crunch[/quote]

post-workout nutrition and every other day refeeds pal. I’ll take my FF milk and captain crunch over sugar water+supplements any day =)

I’m 12 1/2 fucker!!

Just trying to get the OP to drink his damn milk. People over think this too much. If he is lactose and tolerant then he won’t have any problem digesting it. Get it?

Christian Thibaudeau didn’t become lactose intolerant, his torerance worse becuase of the increased intake, people don’t become allergic, their allergies become worse due to increased exposure

I’ve spent the last year drinking a shitload of milk. Not quite a gallon a day but not too far from it.

I’m fine.

Just try it and see how it affects you. If you can handle it, it will make your life easier.

i was wondering about the fat gain to ur gut as well, if i had calories at 4000 and didnt have milk would it lose some fat from my gut as compared to drinking it?

cos i love milk, full fat, and im bulking and im skinny fat so want to get rid of it, but milk is the way i get my calories in as well as with nuts, eggs and olive oil.