Too Much Milk Bad for You?

zits
diarrhea
sugar

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I’m just drinking it for the calories and protein. I calculated out with school lunch and dinner, and i ate 4700 cals yesterday, 2600 of it from milk. so calorie intake was almost half and half. I don’t drink soda pop, or eat a lot of sweets, so i don’t think i’m at risk of becoming a diabetic. After all, I’m 5’11 160lbs, pretty much desperate to gain weight.[/quote]

Dude, just switch to whole milk. It has 2400 cals which is really close to the 2600 your getting from chocolate. It just has less sugar and more fat. A guy like you needs lots of milk. Oh yeah and lots of squats!

[quote]captaincalvert wrote:
Milk is fine if you’re not lactose intolerant. Chocolate milk is not fine. [/quote]

Ohhhhhhh. Really?

Serious note, chocolate milk is O.K. Just drink responsibly…

Milk is for babies, try a gallon of Guinness a day.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
I agree with some of the others here

1.) It goes right thru you; not enough time to digest it all properly.
[/quote]

so tell me, do you always make outrageous claims with absolutly no evidence to back them up?

barak obama is a secret muslim sent to overthrow the united states government. gee, that is kinda fun!

Actually it’s not, and I’m dead serious. Chocolate milk mixes saturated fats and sugar. That is never a good idea. The sugar will make your liver produce tri-glycerids. When you have tri-glycerids and saturated fat acids in the blood at the same time, those molecules tend to attach to each other. The result of this is giant fat molecules that attach to your arteries and veins.
Listen to Berardi. Separate your fats and carbs, and espescially fast carbs and saturates.

Actually it’s not, and I’m dead serious. Chocolate milk mixes saturated fats and sugar. That is never a good idea. The sugar will make your liver produce tri-glycerids. When you have tri-glycerids and saturated fat acids in the blood at the same time, those molecules tend to attach to each other. The result of this is giant fat molecules that attach to your arteries and veins.
Listen to Berardi. Separate your fats and carbs, and espescially fast carbs and saturates.[/quote]

skim milk FTW!

seriously though, food combining has always been retarded and there is 0 evidence that it does anything. even Berardi have distanced himself from that theory because he knows, like everyone else does, that its crap.

besides, even if you do believe in food combos, the fact that an average size meal takes ~5 hours or more to fully digest means that if you’re eating ever 2-3 hours (as so many here do) then there’s going to be constant overlap between meal digestion/absorption. so meticulously separating your meals into precise macrontrient combination is essentially a worthless endeavor.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
captaincalvert wrote:

Listen to Berardi. Separate your fats and carbs, and espescially fast carbs and saturates.

skim milk FTW!

seriously though, food combining has always been retarded and there is 0 evidence that it does anything. even Berardi have distanced himself from that theory because he knows, like everyone else does, that its crap.

besides, even if you do believe in food combos, the fact that an average size meal takes ~5 hours or more to fully digest means that if you’re eating ever 2-3 hours (as so many here do) then there’s going to be constant overlap between meal digestion/absorption. so meticulously separating your meals into precise macrontrient combination is essentially a worthless endeavor.[/quote]

Seriously though, a pound of sugar a day from a gallon of chocolate milk?

OP, look into some whole milk. Or better yet, goats milk… Yes it’s disgusting but it is way easier for the human body to digest.

[quote]GetTheHIT wrote:
Milk is for babies, try a gallon of Guinness a day.[/quote]

x2, I prefer a gallon of killians

Since when?

And why did a doctor who is a leading researcher in my country on insulin and blood sugar response, tell me that carbs and fats don’t mix well because of the reason I mentioned? She even drew an illustration for the class I attended where she explained the details of the biochemical reactions involved. Seemed to me like she knew her stuff.

even Berardi have distanced himself from that theory because he knows, like everyone else does, that its crap.

Since when?

And why did a doctor who is a leading researcher in my country on insulin and blood sugar response, tell me that carbs and fats don’t mix well because of the reason I mentioned? She even drew an illustration for the class I attended where she explained the details of the biochemical reactions involved. Seemed to me like she knew her stuff.[/quote]

human breast milk combines saturated fat and carbs.

God must not know that combining fat and carbs in the same meal will give babies teh heart disease.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Agreed. If anything, NOT drinking milk could lead to lactose intolerance.
[/quote]

Happened to my trainer recently after she came off her cut for a show she was doing - she had stopped having any dairy and then tried it again and it made her pretty sick.

I drink a lot of milk post-workout and if i’m at like a gas station or something and want to drink something not-water, I get milk. Getting 2600/3600 calories from it is insane though - probably for a lot of reasons, but mainly from the fact that chocolate milk has a shit-ton of sugar.

Edit: I didn’t emphasize enough that I LOVE milk. Not being lactose-intolerant rocks. I stay away from chocolate milk but used it post-workout when I ran out of Surge a couple weeks ago. It was serviceable and I didn’t notice any sort of fat gain or anything from it, although of course I was more sore compared to drinking Surge.

I don’t do any of that fancy food combining stuff since my muscle gains are still vastly outpacing my fat gains, I have seen an increase in fat but not in BF%. I just lift and eat, and milk helps me with calories and protein.

Listen to Berardi. Separate your fats and carbs, and espescially fast carbs and saturates.[/quote]

Well as long you’re dead serious. But let’s be realistic here. You spew more words out of your mouth than my anatomy and my physiology prof combined. Anyways, chocolate milk is O.K. Just drink it in moderation…

Yeah. Lots of words there. Must have made you dizzy. Let’s see. Other than the plain English there was “tri-glycerid” and then there was “saturated”, and that pesky difficult word “molecule”. You can look them up at Wikipedia. I’m sure they’re all there.

[quote]Adell wrote:
zits
diarrhea
sugar[/quote]

stop talking

You spew more words out of your mouth than my anatomy and my physiology prof combined.

Yeah. Lots of words there. Must have made you dizzy. Let’s see. Other than the plain English there was “tri-glycerid” and then there was “saturated”, and that pesky difficult word “molecule”. You can look them up at Wikipedia. I’m sure they’re all there. [/quote]

hahaha damn.