Too much hype??? (please print)

It’s hyping when someone says their supplement will deliver certain results (often incredible or unbelievable), but it fails to do so for me and my friends. Maybe the product benefits me (as with Androsol), or maybe it doesn’t (as with Methoxy), but if the real-world results are substantially and consistently lower than what is claimed, I call it hype.

I liked the fact that you reported blood levels of testosterone for Androsol. That’s objective, something I can sink my teeth into and bank my money on. Even though the numbers were wrong, it was still a good effort and better than nothing. That’s more of what we need.

What we don’t need is Tim claiming to gain 12 lbs of muscle in two weeks or experience drug-like effects from protein powder. We don’t need claims that Tribex will raise testosterone levels by 60% or more (your study on Tribex, which I applaud even though it was small, did not show this at all).

We need more results from the lab, detailing, say, exactly how the new PW drink affects nitrogen retention and protein synthesis for 24-hours following ingestion, compared to a placebo. Or a bunch of hormone tests on people before and after taking Tribex. Or reports on how much Androsol is really absorbed in a 12 hour period (you-know-who claims the 40% figure is bullshit, and says 10% is considered good for topical delivery; more information on how Tim arrived at the 40% figure would be helpful). Basically, we just need more facts and less Bill Philips-style ‘feels like deca’ rhetoric.

Biotest makes good products and produces a good magazine, but there’s still room for improvement.