T Nation

Too Much Hamstring Work?

quick Q here.

training legs tuesday and back wednesday.

i train my hamstrings pretty hard tuesday…

but i also max my deads out on wednesday

are my hamstrings getting hit to much ?

Quick Q in R to your O Q.

Do deadlifts affect your hams or not?

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:
quick Q here.

are my hamstrings getting hit to much ?[/quote]

Are they constantly sore?

Hamstrings act during Hip extension.

Deadlift = hip Extension.

I would say at a guess that you are not going to get the best out of your deads if you trained your hamstrings the day before.

You should know if they are getting hit too much. If you’re making gains, keep doing what you’re doing.

[quote]MikiB wrote:
You should know if they are getting hit too much. If you’re making gains, keep doing what you’re doing.[/quote]

x100

Stop worry about minutia and pay attention to what really matters – your results.

Depends on how hard be your working your hammys on your Legs day they tend to be underworked in most beginners. You could also try switching the days around? If I do a heavy legs day and then a back the day after my bent over rows suffer heavily

[quote]Joelsopher wrote:
quick Q here.

are my hamstrings getting hit to much ?[/quote]

Once you start to progress in your lifts hitting your hamstrings hard before you deadlift will begin to affect your deaadlift. My suggestion would be to work them after you deadlift that day or the day after.

yeah, they are sore x500 after legs day. just gonna train quads and calves on leg day, then hamstrings on back day.

I don’t think it is ideal to do legs day before back. One because it is hard to do deadlifts with sore hamstrings, but also doing squats one day followed by deadlifts the next. These are 2 massively important compound exercises that take a lot out of you. I would advise a couple of days between these 2 workouts.