Lateral raises 3 sets 8
Wide grip chins 5 sets of 6
Close grip chins 3 sets of 10
Rear cable flyes 4 x 8
Super set upright rows + shrugs 4 sets of 10
Barbell curl 4 sets 10
Cable curl 3 sets 10
Seated dumbbell curl 2 sets 8

Thats way too much. The beauty of full body routines is that you use big “money” exercises such as deadlift, squat, bench, rows, pulls, presses, and maybe some light direct arm work. You include in your routine many isolation exercises, which are not as effective as the bigger exercises and have a limited role in full body programs. Look at Waterbury’s stuff for template programs, he wrote an article a little while back on how to design your own full body routines.

Yes to much take all that and split it up into three days or so like above said with the main concentration of the BIG lifts then a few assistance exercises. You dont have or want to do EVERYTHING in one day the latter exercises will suffer and not get the attention deserved

Phill

How is that even a full body routine? I mean, not only is it WAY too much unnecessary work period, it is all focused on the upper body.

Yes, too much. Most people especially once you build up a level of strength and intensity can only handle 4-7 tough exercises in a workout, more than that and some of them have to be just supplemental stuff. If you want to try total body try Waterbury’s Total Body Training which will get you started in the right direction.

The above responses are right on. You’re gonna’ have to lace your shorts up real tight and hit the squat rack dude.

A full body workout schedule often looks something like this:

Deadlifts + aux excercices

Squat&Bench + aux excercices

Olympic lift(Your choice!) + aux excercices

All the aux work can be pulled from the fratastic stuff you mentioned above (with the exception of the pullups, those are money, not fratastic.)

The point of full body routines is usually to have lower volume per workout and higher frequency.

[quote]twiy86 wrote:
is this to much for one full body routine as i have all ways done split

Barbell bench press 5 sets 1 rep max, 6-8 reps x 3, 12 reps 20% weight reduced
Incline dumbbell bench press 3 sets 6
Pullovers 3 sets of 8
Dips on bench w/weight 4 sets 1 x 25, 2 x 12 w/25kg, 1 x failure
Pull down w/rope 4 sets of 8
dumbbell presses 4 sets 8
Lateral raises 3 sets 8
Rear cable flyes 4 x 8
Barbell curl 4 sets 10
Cable curl 3 sets 10
Seated dumbbell curl 2 sets 8[/quote]

Only 45 sets? Come on guy. You should be doing at least 70. And I LIKE the absence of leg training. Cool. Are you at university? Living in a frat house perhaps?

All good responses. Where are the squats and deads? Replace the laterals, rear cable flyes, upright rows and shrugs with clean and presses.

Why not alternate chest exercises and only do one movement per workout? I would also cut the biceps work to 2-3 total sets and add some triceps work such as close grips, parallel bar dips or triceps extensions.

You could even cut the number of chinup/pullup sets if you use some added weight. Your routine is too much upper body and isolation work.

Is this a full body workout for someone in a wheel chair whose legs are cut off at the hips?

[quote]FightingScott wrote:
Is this a full body workout for someone in a wheel chair whose legs are cut off at the hips?[/quote]

Pffft… I don’t do near that volume.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
twiy86 wrote:
is this to much for one full body routine as i have all ways done split

Barbell bench press 5 sets 1 rep max, 6-8 reps x 3, 12 reps 20% weight reduced
Incline dumbbell bench press 3 sets 6
Pullovers 3 sets of 8
Dips on bench w/weight 4 sets 1 x 25, 2 x 12 w/25kg, 1 x failure
Pull down w/rope 4 sets of 8
dumbbell presses 4 sets 8
Lateral raises 3 sets 8
Rear cable flyes 4 x 8
Barbell curl 4 sets 10
Cable curl 3 sets 10
Seated dumbbell curl 2 sets 8

Only 45 sets? Come on guy. You should be doing at least 70. And I LIKE the absence of leg training. Cool. Are you at university? Living in a frat house perhaps?[/quote]

What’s wrong with fraternities? Not being an american, I’m curious about this.