T Nation

Too Much Fat In My PWO Shake?

I’m doing the T-dawg diet andI picked up some of these nutritional shakes today for my post-workout carbs, nutritional info:
353 kcal, 11.8g fat(1.2 saturated, no trans), 17.6g protien, 44g carbs.

I’m going to take my 25g protien serving of whey along with this.

My question is: Is that too much fat in the drink to mix with the high carb? With the whey I will be having 353kcal, 13.8g fat, 42.6 g protien, 46g carb in my post workout meal/shake.

To be honest, I’ve never understood why having some fat in your PWO shake is all that big of a deal. I’d like for someone to explain.

[quote]BigAlSwede wrote:
To be honest, I’ve never understood why having some fat in your PWO shake is all that big of a deal. I’d like for someone to explain.[/quote]

Fat slows down absorbtion. Then there is a chance that when a violent insulin spike is produced and plenty of dietary fat is present, it will be stored as fat. However, if you’re naturally skinny this really shouldn’t matter. Less than 3 grams of fat should be just fine.

[quote]bloodandtears wrote:
I’m doing the T-dawg diet andI picked up some of these nutritional shakes today for my post-workout carbs, nutritional info:

My question is: Is that too much fat in the drink to mix with the high carb? With the whey I will be having 353kcal, 13.8g fat, 42.6 g protien, 46g carb in my post workout meal/shake.[/quote]

By the way, I would focus on fats as a energy source before my lifting session and aim to have more carbs in my post workout drink because 46g isn’t that much for a post workout shake, since you’re doing the T-dawg diet.

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:

My question is: Is that too much fat in the drink to mix with the high carb? With the whey I will be having 353kcal, 13.8g fat, 42.6 g protien, 46g carb in my post workout meal/shake.

By the way, I would focus on fats as a energy source before my lifting session and aim to have more carbs in my post workout drink because 46g isn’t that much for a post workout shake, since you’re doing the T-dawg diet.[/quote]

Thanks for the info

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
By the way, I would focus on fats as a energy source before my lifting session and aim to have more carbs in my post workout drink because 46g isn’t that much for a post workout shake, since you’re doing the T-dawg diet.[/quote]

It says to eat 50g of carbs so I am 4g off I’ll make up for it somehow. Thanks for the info, I only bought 6 of these drinks so I guess I’ll give them a shot and see how it goes then probably invest in some Surge.

[quote]bloodandtears wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
By the way, I would focus on fats as a energy source before my lifting session and aim to have more carbs in my post workout drink because 46g isn’t that much for a post workout shake, since you’re doing the T-dawg diet.

It says to eat 50g of carbs so I am 4g off I’ll make up for it somehow. Thanks for the info, I only bought 6 of these drinks so I guess I’ll give them a shot and see how it goes then probably invest in some Surge.[/quote]

I believe you can take up to 70 grams of carbs on workout days on the T-dawg diet, correct? I don’t think it would hurt making your shake 50 or even 60g of carbs and use extra dietary fat as a good energy source before working out.
Surge would be a good idea.

what is that shake muscle milk?

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
bloodandtears wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:

It says to eat 50g of carbs so I am 4g off I’ll make up for it somehow. Thanks for the info, I only bought 6 of these drinks so I guess I’ll give them a shot and see how it goes then probably invest in some Surge.

I believe you can take up to 70 grams of carbs on workout days on the T-dawg diet, correct? I don’t think it would hurt making your shake 50 or even 60g of carbs and use extra dietary fat as a good energy source before working out.
Surge would be a good idea.
[/quote]

100 grams training days Load up post w/o

Phill