Too Much Broccoli?

I’m eating 5-6 cups (around 500g) of broccoli every day.
Can this have any negative effect on the long run?

BTW, I’m on a low carb diet, with the only exeption of my post workout shake which has 50g of dextrose.

I always thought of brocoli as a ‘free’ food when cut my carbs. Sure it will most likely give you a ton of gas, but I doubt it can have any real negative effects unless you’re allergic to it (or you develop an alergy to it)

S

As Stu alluded to the only negative side effect may be loneliness due to excessive horrendous gas. However, if you are an introvert that may be considered a positive.

I believe it’s broccoli that has strong anti cancer properties. By using Superfood I think you would be able to cut down on consuming so much though.

D

Have done so regularly many many times… I can eat it like pie.

Helps with all that fiber, too…

I’m very fond of broccoli, but why wouldn’t you mix in some other vegetables? Peppers, Cabbage, Coliflower, Spinach?

Broccoli will never hurt. But as stated previously you could super set it with some cabbage, spinach and/or kale for your other sets. Also, if you include these other superfoods such as spinach you can cut the reps down on the broccoli by adding in some less chewy reps of spinach.

Either way you will be rollin in your own stankin ass for about 3 weeks but then it wont cause you any gas.

-chris

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I’m very fond of broccoli, but why wouldn’t you mix in some other vegetables? Peppers, Cabbage, Coliflower, Spinach?[/quote]

Well besides the broccoli I’m eating other veggies too: cabbage, cucumber, pepper, spinach and others. I actually eat like 8 cups of veggies a day. :slight_smile:

[quote]Avocado wrote:

Either way you will be rollin in your own stankin ass for about 3 weeks but then it wont cause you any gas.

-chris[/quote]

Actually I’ve been eating this much of veggies for 2 months and I haven’t noticed significant variance in my farting habits :smiley:

If you can eat all those greens and not develop weird colon issues, go for it. If I tried to eat five cups of broccoli in a day I think my anus would never forgive me.

[quote]AlCabone wrote:
Actually I’ve been eating this much of veggies for 2 months and I haven’t noticed significant variance in my farting habits :D[/quote]

Do you eat them raw?

When I’m on low carbs, I eat my brocoli raw, but I buy this nacho cheese dip for chips that I microwave and pour over the brocoli (I’m such a fat bastard)

S

[quote]lixy wrote:

Do you eat them raw?[/quote]

Yes, I do.

[quote]AlCabone wrote:
lixy wrote:

Do you eat them raw?

Yes, I do.[/quote]

What is thread? Quit showing off! :slight_smile:

[quote]AlCabone wrote:
lixy wrote:

Do you eat them raw?

Yes, I do.[/quote]

Strange…it makes for some pretty nasty farts as far as I know.