Too Many Supplements?

[quote]sandeld wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
Just eat more! You posted on your website that you eat 3,000 cal-3,500 cal and continue to say it’s “not for the faint of heart”. Try eating 5,000 calories and you’ll gain weight and won’t need to spend $380+ on supplements.

Ha ha. True. But on days when I hit the 3500 mark I feel like I’m waddling down the halls at work and that I could burst if anyone were to run into me a little too hard. I couldn’t imagine 5,000. lol

Well, thanks to some of you, I think I’m going to cut out the Power Drive and Surge Recovery. Since I’m already taking that other stuff and it’s working, I’ll probably just get it and try out the SWF as soon as I’m done with my Purple Wraath.[/quote]

The answer to your problem is more FOOD not more supplementation. You’re simply not eating enough. If you think eating 3,500 calories is difficult, you’re sorely mistaken. I can put away 3,400 calories in a day without thinking twice.

What exactly are you eating? If you feel like you’re going t explode eating that much, either eat more caloricly dense food, or less fiberous foods. Yes, this may mean eating procesed or “dirty” foods, if you have a problem with that, get over it.

I ate 3,800 calories today. My post workout meal was a giant bowl of Cinnamon Life cereal with skim milk, 3 slices of toast with cinnamon sugar, and a cup of cottage cheese. It totaled ~1,600 calories, 250g carbs, 100g protein, and 20g fat.

If you want to grow, you must eat.

Agreed that you are spending WAYYYY too much on supps… Scrap the SWF (hopefully this post doesnt get deleted) and just get some sugar free cordial (i think that is crystal light for you fellas in the US) and add some maltodextrin/dextrose + BCAA and drink throughout your workout.

Itll cost you a few $ for a kilo of cane sugar instead of 50 for SWF. Money saved.

Also im about the same weight and heigh as you and I’m currently eating 3500-3700kcal a day. How this makes you want to ‘explode’ i dont know. Id eat more if i could afford it haha! In saying that, I’m gaining at this much so i must be in a surplus anyway… If the amunt of food is the issue make things easier to eat.

Im going down the liquid breakfast road atm… 1 cup outs, 125g cottage, 250g yoghurt, 2 scoops WPI and 250ml milk. Thats 810kcal (100g Pro, 10g Fat, 75g CHO) and I’m hungry an hour later. Have you tried anything like that?

Yeah, my breakfast at 5:30am is 5 eggs, 1 cup of oatmeal, half serving of whey, and 8 oz. of OJ w/creatine. Then, an hour later when I get to work I’m hungry so I get out the jar of peanut butter and start sipping on my weight gainer shake that consists of 3 scoops of protein, 16 oz. of skim milk, a banana, 2 Tbsp of PB, and a cup of oatmeal.

If you scroll up, there’s a link to my blog where I lay out my entire diet and workout schedule.

I have noticed this week that I have been able to eat more. And like you, I am gaining, just not as much as fast.

Weight gainers are a waste of $$ too if you ask me… Its just loaded with crap sugars.

Your better off making your own (like the one i mentioned) but adding more fats through coconut oil or peanut butter like u mentioned.

Simple thing to do is add EVOO to ur food too, theres nearly 300cal per 30ml serving.

At the end of the day ur comment “not enough as fast” is just plain silly, unless ur a genetic freak that gains easy (which you dont seem to be) ur looking at a 0.5-1kg gain per week and uve gotta be hammering ur calories.

The fact that ur gym has gold dumbells scares me haha

Here’s how you cut down. Have this instead:

1. Salmon or trout most days of the week instead of “pharmaceutical-grade” fish oil.
  2. Whey protein for post-workout nutrition.
  3. Gatorade powder or high-glycemic juice for post-workout nutrition instead of Surge.
  4. More real food or a home-made concoction instead of a pre-made weight-gain shake.

That cuts down on expenses quite a bit and it works great for me.

What supplements have I used on the Rapid Fat Loss Diet? Whey protein powder and a multi-vitamin.

What supplements do I use for my lifestyle diet? Whey protein powder. I don’t consider flax or any other oils to be supplements. Olive and canola oil can be purchased at the grocery store; so can magical casein (cottage cheese).

I’ve become a minimalist. I LOVE nutrition; it’s my profession; but I also like life simple. I don’t use BCAAs, creatine, glutamine, prohormones, digestive enzymes, or stimulants. Do they work? Most of them! There are supplements that work. But again, I like life simple. :slight_smile:

So that’s right; I eat canned salmon, canned tuna, and canned sardines; no fish oil capsules. I have some canned chicken and fresh salmon a few times per week.

I eat freaking low-fat ham sandwiches and store-made rotisserie chicken with the skin taken off (did I just say I eat some high-quality cold-cuts?); I don’t sit around waiting for beans to soak; I eat canned beans in water.

If I don’t have food on me because I underestimated how long I’d be out of the house and didn’t bring my food-cooler with me, I stop into a fast-food joint and order a salad or at least something that is “OK”.

When not on this insane PSMF and I’m out, I have a fucking drink (well, only one)! If I’m with my woman or in the past, when I was on a date, and it’s 4 AM and it’s “fun” time but I haven’t eaten in hours, I don’t hold out on fun to get my protein allotment for the day!

People need to start realizing the difference between shitty, sucky, good, and optimal nutrition!

Most people can only follow good nutrition. Yup, you know, the people who earn 40to 80k per year and have to pay for shit and have responsibilities and obligations and debts.

If you can only affor shitty and sucky nutrition, tough shit; you’re not in the position to be a bodybuilding superstar!

If you’re worried about supplement payments, you clearly don’t have the elite bodybuilder lifestyle in the first place.

I believe people need to wake the fuck up and start prioritizing; if you’re not going to get paid from your physique, then up to 400 bucks in supplements isn’t worth it.

It also depends on one’s income and expenses. If you’re a college kid earning 8 bucks an hour to stack toothpaste at Duane Reade or to ask people if they want french fries, then stick to the bare minimum!

If you earn 150k per year, go get whatever supplements you want.

If you have a combined household income of 100k and a kid, stick to the bare minimum.

If you want other parts of life - women, sex, bills - to suffer, get all the supplements, food, and drugs you want.

Oh boy, the simple life; the weight and stress that come’s off one’s back when they realize their physique doesn’t provide then with a livelihood is unreal; try it! :slight_smile:

Long post. lol

I am trying to make my physique my livelihood.

I can afford $300+/month on supplements, I would just rather not.

Unless your post was aimed at the “masses” and not directly at me, it seems as though you didn’t read any of my posts.

Either way, it was pretty good info.

[quote]mckdean wrote:
Weight gainers are a waste of $$ too if you ask me… Its just loaded with crap sugars.

Your better off making your own (like the one i mentioned) but adding more fats through coconut oil or peanut butter like u mentioned.

Simple thing to do is add EVOO to ur food too, theres nearly 300cal per 30ml serving.

At the end of the day ur comment “not enough as fast” is just plain silly, unless ur a genetic freak that gains easy (which you dont seem to be) ur looking at a 0.5-1kg gain per week and uve gotta be hammering ur calories.

The fact that ur gym has gold dumbells scares me haha[/quote]

So, in one breath you tell me pre-made weight gainers are crap and a waste of money, and in the very next you acknowledge that I make my own. Ha ha. I swear, people just look for the possible negatives in posts and ignore the rest. I MAKE MY OWN SHAKES!! lol

As for the dumbbells, that’s not a public gym. It’s a guy’s in-home, private gym. He used to train me when I was in college. Everything is green and gold…because we’re from Wisconsin…home of the Green Bay Packers…Team colors: Green and Gold. lol

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Here’s how you cut down. Have this instead:

1. Salmon or trout most days of the week instead of “pharmaceutical-grade” fish oil.
  2. Whey protein for post-workout nutrition.
  3. Gatorade powder or high-glycemic juice for post-workout nutrition instead of Surge.
  4. More real food or a home-made concoction instead of a pre-made weight-gain shake.

That cuts down on expenses quite a bit and it works great for me.

What supplements have I used on the Rapid Fat Loss Diet? Whey protein powder and a multi-vitamin.

What supplements do I use for my lifestyle diet? Whey protein powder. I don’t consider flax or any other oils to be supplements. Olive and canola oil can be purchased at the grocery store; so can magical casein (cottage cheese).

I’ve become a minimalist. I LOVE nutrition; it’s my profession; but I also like life simple. I don’t use BCAAs, creatine, glutamine, prohormones, digestive enzymes, or stimulants. Do they work? Most of them! There are supplements that work. But again, I like life simple. :slight_smile:

So that’s right; I eat canned salmon, canned tuna, and canned sardines; no fish oil capsules. I have some canned chicken and fresh salmon a few times per week.

I eat freaking low-fat ham sandwiches and store-made rotisserie chicken with the skin taken off (did I just say I eat some high-quality cold-cuts?); I don’t sit around waiting for beans to soak; I eat canned beans in water.

If I don’t have food on me because I underestimated how long I’d be out of the house and didn’t bring my food-cooler with me, I stop into a fast-food joint and order a salad or at least something that is “OK”.

When not on this insane PSMF and I’m out, I have a fucking drink (well, only one)! If I’m with my woman or in the past, when I was on a date, and it’s 4 AM and it’s “fun” time but I haven’t eaten in hours, I don’t hold out on fun to get my protein allotment for the day!

People need to start realizing the difference between shitty, sucky, good, and optimal nutrition!

Most people can only follow good nutrition. Yup, you know, the people who earn 40to 80k per year and have to pay for shit and have responsibilities and obligations and debts.

If you can only affor shitty and sucky nutrition, tough shit; you’re not in the position to be a bodybuilding superstar!

If you’re worried about supplement payments, you clearly don’t have the elite bodybuilder lifestyle in the first place.

I believe people need to wake the fuck up and start prioritizing; if you’re not going to get paid from your physique, then up to 400 bucks in supplements isn’t worth it.

It also depends on one’s income and expenses. If you’re a college kid earning 8 bucks an hour to stack toothpaste at Duane Reade or to ask people if they want french fries, then stick to the bare minimum!

If you earn 150k per year, go get whatever supplements you want.

If you have a combined household income of 100k and a kid, stick to the bare minimum.

If you want other parts of life - women, sex, bills - to suffer, get all the supplements, food, and drugs you want.

Oh boy, the simple life; the weight and stress that come’s off one’s back when they realize their physique doesn’t provide then with a livelihood is unreal; try it! :)[/quote]

Well said

I’ve grown really well off real food (chicken breast, steak, lamb, potatos, oats ect) and protein powder.

The cost of supplements vs the effect is really not worth it.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
sandeld wrote:
I’m lookin for a game-changer and something that’s gonna make me GROW.

keep lookin, you’ll find it one day. (this forum need an eye-rolling smiley)[/quote]

I knew it was only a matter of time until we would agree on something, fuckin miracle. lol