Too Many Eggs?

100 years from now (too bad it couldn’t be sooner) medical texts will read [quote]“it was once thought that dietary cholesterol was a cause of coronary artery disease”[/quote] as the class chuckles at our ignorance.

BTW for anybody who cares, what is commonly called “cholesterol” isn’t even cholesterol at all. They are lipoproteins which are transports for cholesterol which are sterols which are compounds of steroids and alcohol. Furthermore there is no such thing as good and bad cholesterol, which are again actually lipoproteins, in otherwise healthy individuals.

They are essential to bodily function on many levels. There are unhealthy people for whom this whole topic may have some relevance, but the deleterious effects of so called cholesterol are a symptom for these people and not the actual cause.

Damn man, I can understand your love for eggs, I love em’, but you seriously need to cut back, your cholesterol has to be higher than someone who just finished a 4 week cycle of Superdrol!

Gross quantities of carbs is better for packing on carbs than gross quantities of fat/cholesterol, try shoving a couple of loafs of wheat or rye bread down your throat instead…keep the egg whites coming though!

[quote]RealtorNick wrote:
Damn man, I can understand your love for eggs, I love em’, but you seriously need to cut back, your cholesterol has to be higher than someone who just finished a 4 week cycle of Superdrol!

Gross quantities of carbs is better for packing on carbs than gross quantities of fat/cholesterol, try shoving a couple of loafs of wheat or rye bread down your throat instead…keep the egg whites coming though![/quote]

No offense, but you are just wrong.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
RealtorNick wrote:

Gross quantities of carbs is better for packing on carbs than gross quantities of fat/cholesterol, try shoving a couple of loafs of wheat or rye bread down your throat instead…keep the egg whites coming though!

No offense, but you are just wrong.[/quote]

Elaborate…

[quote]RealtorNick wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
RealtorNick wrote:

No offense, but you are just wrong.

Elaborate…[/quote]

See my post above your first one and do some checking about “cholesterol” the dietary intake of which has nothing to do with blood levels which in turn are only a problem for people with other problems already.

For the record I for one have eaten 12-15 whole eggs every day for the past 14 months and my so called cholesterol levels are fine by medical standards if you believe that means anything.

Also it is a vast oversimplification at best and rank error at worst to say that carbs are preferable to fat for someone trying to get big. Furthermore even if I were going to eat “gross” quantities of carbs, grains of any kind and least of all any sort of bread would not be the source of choice.

There are several very extensive discussions percolating here, but you are living on very old misinformation. Again, I mean no offense, but it is what it is. Given a little time there will be a parade of guys behind me agreeing at least about the fat, carbs and eggs and probably with some more information as well.

I just know personally I ate about 3 whole eggs a day for a year or so, and then all of a sudden just the sight of an egg turned my stomach. I had to stop eating them for a long time. Now I only eat them on occasion.

I figure if your body doesn’t start rejecting them then you’re fine…

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
100 years from now (too bad it couldn’t be sooner) medical texts will read “it was once thought that dietary cholesterol was a cause of coronary artery disease” as the class chuckles at our ignorance.

BTW for anybody who cares, what is commonly called “cholesterol” isn’t even cholesterol at all. They are lipoproteins which are transports for cholesterol which are sterols which are compounds of steroids and alcohol. Furthermore there is no such thing as good and bad cholesterol, which are again actually lipoproteins, in otherwise healthy individuals.

They are essential to bodily function on many levels. There are unhealthy people for whom this whole topic may have some relevance, but the deleterious effects of so called cholesterol are a symptom for these people and not the actual cause.[/quote]

Where’d you learn/read this?

[quote]P1 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
100 years from now (too bad it couldn’t be sooner) medical texts will read “it was once thought that dietary cholesterol was a cause of coronary artery disease” as the class chuckles at our ignorance.

They are essential to bodily function on many levels. There are unhealthy people for whom this whole topic may have some relevance, but the deleterious effects of so called cholesterol are a symptom for these people and not the actual cause.

Where’d you learn/read this?[/quote]

Do a little checking. It’s actually common knowledge for people not under the spell of the post modern, drug peddling, medical/deathcare industry. Processed refined foods in out of control quantities are THE number one cause of the contemporary health crisis. NOT traditional wholesome foods that have been around since the dawn of humanity. Even the bastardized, industrially produced versions we have now are far preferable to the packaged poison that passes for food nowadays.

Start here http://www.thincs.org/ and seriously just search around. Even the wikipedia entry treated the whole cholesterol scare as an unsettled debate last time I was there. It’s actually humorous and tragic at the same time how blindly the public will fall in lock step behind anything propounded in an erudite sounding fashion by someone in a white coat. That’s right check it out. What is called good and bad cholesterol is not even cholesterol at all and both kinds are essential biological compounds without which we couldn’t live.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:

and i eat the whole egg, fat is my friend, and most of the time im eating them raw, or cooked in butter&light cream…[/quote]

RAW eggs?! You’re such a goddamn man, or I’m an idiot who thinks you can get salmonella from eating uncooked meals. Unless your body is immune to salmonella, because you constantly bombard your system with it.

There’s so many different kinds of eggs, you can try poached eggs, soft-boiled, over-hard, over-easy, omelet, or you can add a little milk to scrambled eggs and it gives it a little different taste. My point is you should probably avoid butter, and with all the types of eggs, it’s pretty easy.

[quote]sarah1 wrote:
I just know personally I ate about 3 whole eggs a day for a year or so, and then all of a sudden just the sight of an egg turned my stomach. I had to stop eating them for a long time. Now I only eat them on occasion.

I figure if your body doesn’t start rejecting them then you’re fine…[/quote]

Yeah, apparently eating large numbers of eggs daily can give some people an egg allergy. The allergy will dissipate if you take a break from eating them for a short period of time. I am not sure of the mechanism though.

[quote]Chris82362 wrote:
<<< My point is you should probably avoid butter, and with all the types of eggs, it’s pretty easy. [/quote]

What the hell’s goin on around here? Avoid butter?!?!?!?! Be gone simpleton =] I practically drink butter, real, full fat, buttery type butter.

Agree with pretty much everything tiribulus said.

Some quotes from wiki…

“Cholesterol is essential…”
“Cholesterol is required…”

"Cholesterol also aids in the manufacture of bile (which is stored in the gallbladder and helps digest fats), and is also important for the metabolism of fat soluble vitamins, including vitamins A, D, E and K. It is the major precursor for the synthesis of vitamin D and of the various steroid hormones (which include cortisol and aldosterone in the adrenal glands, and the sex hormones progesterone, the various estrogens, testosterone, and derivatives).

EDIT: And butter is awesome. Personally a bit of a fan of organic butter.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Chris82362 wrote:
<<< My point is you should probably avoid butter, and with all the types of eggs, it’s pretty easy.

What the hell’s goin on around here? Avoid butter?!?!?!?! Be gone simpleton =] I practically drink butter, real, full fat, buttery type butter.[/quote]

I think you get MORE than enough fat from eating 3 dozen eggs a day. Especially if he’s eating butter with like…1/3 of his eggs, which is still A LOT of butter. So, just making sure, you don’t eat margarine?

[quote]Chris82362 wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Chris82362 wrote:
<<< My point is you should probably avoid butter, and with all the types of eggs, it’s pretty easy.

What the hell’s goin on around here? Avoid butter?!?!?!?! Be gone simpleton =] I practically drink butter, real, full fat, buttery type butter.

I think you get MORE than enough fat from eating 3 dozen eggs a day. Especially if he’s eating butter with like…1/3 of his eggs, which is still A LOT of butter. So, just making sure, you don’t eat margarine? [/quote]

More than enough fat is a relative statement. I eat about 5000 calories a day of which about 65% is fat of various kinds. I would eat dog vomit before touching margarine. Artificially hydrogenated oils are evil like Freddy Kreuger.

as i mentioned earlier in the post; im on the Anabolic Diet so im fat adapted. my only concern with carbs is not eating too many. i let the protein do the muscle making.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
as i mentioned earlier in the post; im on the Anabolic Diet so im fat adapted. my only concern with carbs is not eating too many. i let the protein do the muscle making.[/quote]

I also am this way. 14 months now

I feel so…inadequate!

I am a beginner, and I eat two eggs (boiled) a day.

[quote]goodloser wrote:
I feel so…inadequate!

I am a beginner, and I eat two eggs (boiled) a day. [/quote]

Tiribulus say:
He who doth not eat doth not grow

Reading this thread was really brining me down! I can’t believe people still spew this ‘too many eggs are bad’ crap. And on this site of all places. Did nobody read the part where he said he was on the anabolic diet?

I wasn’t going to respond to this as I don’t have the time to debate this with anyone. But thanks Tiribulus. You speak the truth man.

Hey, I’m just saying that eating 4+ DOZEN eggs every single day seems excessive, there has got to be some sort of health consequences for that…One would think, anyway…But hey, I’m no doctor…

What’s wrong with eating wheat bread as a carb source, it’s not like its the only source I use, I use it with legumes, oatmeal/cream of wheat, any vegetable, and potatoes, I don’t see how someone can go wrong with those kinds of carbs.