Too Many Eggs?

so lately it seems i keep reading that too many eggs are a bad thing? please say it isnt so as i eat at least 3 dozen eggs a day, and my record so far is 5 1/2 dozen. im on the AD and this seems to be the most cost efficient food thats friendly to the diet. also whats the deal with egg carbs i assume since theyre carbs they should be counted but the container usually says <1 so i dont bother.

Holy **** Congrats on that record man thats amazing. I love eggs but damn.

Eggs are good for you but ya know the saying everything in moderation, it may not be true for green veggies or other stuff but seems to me if your eating 3 dozen hole eggs a day the cholesterol might a problem.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
so lately it seems i keep reading that too many eggs are a bad thing? please say it isnt so as i eat at least 3 dozen eggs a day, and my record so far is 5 1/2 dozen. im on the AD and this seems to be the most cost efficient food thats friendly to the diet. also whats the deal with egg carbs i assume since theyre carbs they should be counted but the container usually says <1 so i dont bother.[/quote]

66 eggs in a day??? No matter what your built is like, you probably shouldn’t get that far up. Excess of anything is generally not a good idea. Vary your food sources.

i wouldn’t eat 3 dozen eggs everyday. not very smart

so lately it seems i keep reading that too many eggs are a bad thing? please say it isnt so as i eat at least 3 dozen eggs a day, and my record so far is 5 1/2 dozen. im on the AD and this seems to be the most cost efficient food thats friendly to the diet. also whats the deal with egg carbs i assume since theyre carbs they should be counted but the container usually says <1 so i dont bother.[/quote]

66 eggs ~ =5300 cals, thats a lot from one food.

3 dozen a day?

Do your farts choke horses? I think you might be the cause of global warming my friend.

Woah, 3 dozen eggs a day…thats about 13.000 eggs a year!
Maybe you should just buy some chicken and start your own farm.

But seriously that doesn’t sound very healthy.

so lately it seems i keep reading that too many eggs are a bad thing? please say it isnt so as i eat at least 3 dozen eggs a day, and my record so far is 5 1/2 dozen. .[/quote]

You are fucking awesome!

I down 18 a day, and thought that was high.

Respect.

But on a serious note, just pay attention to your body and evaluate yourself. It might not be a bad idea to take an egg-free week every few months, just to see if you notice any changes with eggs and without. If you do, investigate further, if not, you’re good to go.

daaaaaaaaaaamn bro…i got sick of eating 3 eggs a day for breakfast…

The egg is still one of the best sources of protein depending on your goals. I down only 6 post workout and that is only with one yolk (5 egg whites / 1 yolk). No it does not taste as good, but you get used to it quickly and see the benefits without the long term artery wear!

Are you eating organic eggs? I definitely recommend at the qty, Costco has bulk deals on organics, much better choice IMO not to mention way cheaper than grocery store hormoned eggs.

How are you eating this many, cooked, boiled, or Rocky Balboa style?

yeah man im really sick of them, but ive developed a monstrous appetite eating anywhere from 5-6 …maybe even 7,000 calories a day (this is just guess work as im eating too much to track it all.)

i just hope it isnt affecting my carb intake but i dont know, and my body in terms of fat% is fine, im still pretty lean, not even 10% yet from what my mirror is showing.

and i eat the whole egg, fat is my friend, and most of the time im eating them raw, or cooked in butter&light cream…and yes my farts are the most vile smelling thing, im not sure which are worse my carb-day farts or my egg farts, either way its not pretty and i think they could strangle a donkey.

Yeah, I eat 12-15 a day. I doubt if they’ll actually harm you, but I’m with the mix it up guys.

is that whole eggs? ^, i was having about 3 whole eggs in the morning in an omlette (weak stomach in morning) but i think i might have one 1 or 2 more times during the day, they are just so convenient… so something like 9 whole eggs per day… good or bad in terms of health, not fat gain/loss.

also are those omega 3 eggs worth spending the extra on?

props for 3 dozen lol your like an oviraptor

[quote]time2sweat wrote:
The egg is still one of the best sources of protein depending on your goals. I down only 6 post workout and that is only with one yolk (5 egg whites / 1 yolk). No it does not taste as good, but you get used to it quickly and see the benefits without the long term artery wear!

Are you eating organic eggs? I definitely recommend at the qty, Costco has bulk deals on organics, much better choice IMO not to mention way cheaper than grocery store hormoned eggs.

How are you eating this many, cooked, boiled, or Rocky Balboa style?[/quote]

Wow. Someone who still thinks egg yolks are bad for you.

Where do you come from man. The early 80s? Seriously. Eat your egg yolks. They are GOOD for you.

But not after training. You need some simple carbs and protein at that point.

Lots of whole eggs seems like a lot of cholesterol and saturated fat. Probably highly genetic dependent.

[quote]Sxio wrote:

Wow. Someone who still thinks egg yolks are bad for you.

Where do you come from man. The early 80s? Seriously. Eat your egg yolks. They are GOOD for you.

But not after training. You need some simple carbs and protein at that point.

[/quote]

36 egg yolks aren’t good

[quote]SGDerek wrote:
Lots of whole eggs seems like a lot of cholesterol and saturated fat. Probably highly genetic dependent.[/quote]

http://www.fineli.fi/food.php?foodid=858&lang=en

Not much saturated fat there. Less than 20%, rest is mostly monounsaturated.

Still 36 seems like a huge amount. I have about six.

i was really more concerned on the level of possibly developing egg allergies. maybe its in my head but i do tend to feel more tired after eating eggs vs other foods.

eggs raise the GOOD cholestrol. its in one of the newer articles on the main page.

I thought I was bad doing ~dozen every 3-4 days.