Too Many Compounds in a Workout?

So much anger for one thread!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m taking the advice of most of the guys in this thread and will have some iso arm work at the end, to top off any stimulation the bis/tris have had from the compounds. I.e.

Chins
Military Press
DB Bent-over-row
DB Incline Bench
EZ bar biceps curls
Skullcrushers

One final question though. I understand about varying between ‘heavy’ and ‘light’ to avoid plateauing, but would it make more sense to have 1 whole workout where each exercise was say 3x12 then another where each was 4x8, or would it be better to mix it up, so say chins and military press were 3x12 and BOR and bench were 4x8 in the same workout, then swap around for the second workout of the week?

Thanks!

[quote]Maelstrom wrote:
So much anger for one thread!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m taking the advice of most of the guys in this thread and will have some iso arm work at the end, to top off any stimulation the bis/tris have had from the compounds. I.e.

Chins
Military Press
DB Bent-over-row
DB Incline Bench
EZ bar biceps curls
Skullcrushers

One final question though. I understand about varying between ‘heavy’ and ‘light’ to avoid plateauing, but would it make more sense to have 1 whole workout where each exercise was say 3x12 then another where each was 4x8, or would it be better to mix it up, so say chins and military press were 3x12 and BOR and bench were 4x8 in the same workout, then swap around for the second workout of the week?

Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes, to both.

Dude, why do anything else beside curls/abs?

[quote]Con@n wrote:
Dude, why do anything else beside curls/abs?[/quote]

It’s like he doesn’t know that he’ll get way too bulky by doing all those compounds. He’ll be hyoooge!

Behave. It’t not about ‘‘getting too bulky’’ but about wearing my CNS out in a single session, doing more muscle microtrauma than I have recovery time for before the next session. Thanks for turning the thread into a pop at me though!

[quote]Maelstrom wrote:
Behave. It’t not about ‘‘getting too bulky’’ but about wearing my CNS out in a single session, doing more muscle microtrauma than I have recovery time for before the next session. Thanks for turning the thread into a pop at me though![/quote]

If you’re not lifting with intensity, it won’t matter how many compounds you have in a workout. =o

sorry i had to after reading that last sentence.

[quote]Maelstrom wrote:
Behave. It’t not about ‘‘getting too bulky’’ but about wearing my CNS out in a single session, doing more muscle microtrauma than I have recovery time for before the next session. Thanks for turning the thread into a pop at me though![/quote]

Relax man, Chimura’s comment was a sarcastic commentary on all of the authors/forum members’ misinterpretations of the authors who try to tell people that compounds are all you ever need to build every single muscle in the body to it’s maximal size (look like a bodybuilder).

It wasn’t a dig at you, at least I don’t think it was.

Wow, I did not know about having to count how many exercises were compound in a workout and being limited to 5.

Just checked my workout book and horror of horrors, I had 12 compound exercises the other day. I am probably writing from beyond the grave!