Too Into Training to Cut

[quote]Learning2Lift wrote:
Chris. You caught me. I’m not going to do it… Mostly because I’m not allowed in because I never qualified at any of their events or any other event. Needed a 1165 total [/quote]
Not trying to “catch you” in whatever, man. If anything, I’m trying to encourage you, like the other guys in that thread were, to definitely do a meet if it’s something you’re even slightly interested it.

It sucks that that meet has a minimum to enter, but I’m sure there are other upcoming events that total beginners (in a competitive-sense) can enter. Powerlifting meets aren’t like bodybuilding contests; you can enter one with minimal dedicated prep and it won’t really disturb the rest of your training.

In any case, if you want to focus on strength, then focus on building strength and make sure you see regular progress. Cool beans. But if fat loss is anywhere on your radar for down the line, understand that “permabulkers” are usually disappointed when/if they ever get around to cutting and tend to regret that time.