T Nation

Too Good to Pass Up?

This guy that goes to my gym works with GNC and gets a ton of extra stuff and sells it at the gym. He told my brother he can get me a 10 lb tub of IsoMass Extreme Gainer for 30 bucks, when the cheapest I ever saw was $65. Got to make this clear, yes I know mass gainers get a bad rep for sugar and a bunch of other shit but nutrition wise, this seems pretty good. 6g of sugar ( without milk ), 4 types of creatine, whey isolates, 80 cabrs ( without milk ), and 65g protein.

I took the advice and am buying more food weekly but I am trying to get bigger and way stronger. I’m really considering it, especially since I’m not too bad with money right now. Also considering just whey mixed with other stuff at home like CytoCarb, peanut butter, olive oil, or maybe muscle milk or up your mass

Under $10 a kg is pretty good. I’d buy it, would be a great and cheap addition to mass steak

I would buy it for a price like that. My suggestion would be to only take it pre or post workout. Not other times of the day.

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
This guy that goes to my gym works with GNC and gets a ton of extra stuff and sells it at the gym. He told my brother he can get me a 10 lb tub of IsoMass Extreme Gainer for 30 bucks, when the cheapest I ever saw was $65. [/quote]
You know what they say about things that sound to good to be true…

Here are a few things that jump to my mind:

A) The manager of that store knows some kid is selling supplements to his friends at cost and he is okay with it. (why would he be?)

B) The manager will soon find out and not be okay with it.

C) The kid is stealing things from work and selling them to his friends.

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
This guy that goes to my gym works with GNC and gets a ton of extra stuff and sells it at the gym. He told my brother he can get me a 10 lb tub of IsoMass Extreme Gainer for 30 bucks, when the cheapest I ever saw was $65. [/quote]
You know what they say about things that sound to good to be true…

Here are a few things that jump to my mind:

A) The manager of that store knows some kid is selling supplements to his friends at cost and he is okay with it. (why would he be?)

B) The manager will soon find out and not be okay with it.

C) The kid is stealing things from work and selling them to his friends. [/quote]

The guy sells extra and or purchased products from GNC and the manager from the gym is 100% ok with it because he wants to have a bigger supplement section in the gym lobby. But yeah he’s the gyms main supplier of supplements. He has so many extra IsoMass tubs because nobody that goes to the gym buys mass gainers so he’s trying to unload them. I’m considering buying 3, that would last me 7 1/2 months of post workout shakes ( not including dark matter )

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
I would buy it for a price like that. My suggestion would be to only take it pre or post workout. Not other times of the day.[/quote]

x2

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:

[quote]Ripsaw3689 wrote:
I would buy it for a price like that. My suggestion would be to only take it pre or post workout. Not other times of the day.[/quote]

x2[/quote]

X3

Those are my intentions but they haven’t shipped in yet. It’s good for my wallet too that’s some expensive shit. I’ll use it post workout after dark matter that should work out good and hopefully put on some size and strength

Go for it! You probably could cut the servings in half and extend it even longer yet still reap some good benefits.

You can use them postworkout, but dont use massgainer preworkout. It’ll feel like eating a meal right before working out - not that great.

yeah there was no way I was using a mass gainer as a pre