Too Friggen Tired

[quote]AverageJay wrote:
The problem is your cutting when you should be bulking. Cutting should not be a part of your vocabulary.[/quote]

hahaha…I get it!

[quote]Massif wrote:
I can think of a couple of things:

1. Your body is used to a shitload of sugar and fat. Now that your body is not getting that, it has to make a shift to not using sugar as its base fuel. Have you had any headaches or anything like that?

2. What is your macronutrient breakdown? If you have both low carbs and low fats, you body is going to have to break down protein for energy. This is hard for the body to do and will make you tired.

PS Take your damn fish oil! It assists in burning fat and retaining lean body mass in addition to all the other groovy things it does.[/quote]

1: Dude, I’m close to 400 pounds. I ALWAYS have a headache.

2: Macanudo? The cigar? Man, I love those.

HINT FOR FISH OIL PILLS: DO NOT CHEW THEM!

OK, so um… no flames, no HA HA NOOB!

How do I bulk? I just lift 3 to 5 reps for 3 sets each body part. Once a month, I go to failure and adjust my weight accordingly. I never do one exersize more then three weeks.

Top work Fat Tony if you are ecstatic with your progress that is what matters!

wtf no oil? get this new Flameout, it looks great. GET IT DAMMIT. Don’t buy the cheap one, in fact, chuck it in the bin or give to a cat.

“I actually like brocolli (wonderful fart fuel)” - don’t cook it so much, that is what makes the … unpleasant side effects.

Have you tried the HOT-ROX ? I find they wake me up a lot, which is weird for someone immune to caffeine like me. HOT-ROX is good. I reckon it works real good, eh.

Drink green tea, cut carbs a bit replace calories with fish oil caps, you can take about 20 if you like.

Also when you work hard or workout hard or both you are bound to get tired, I personally sleep 10 hours a day.

Personally, I think you should try different things. First be sure to get adequate sleep, and at your current weight its normal to feel more tired. I think your body is not used to both the food intake and the amount of exercise is putting too much stress on your body. Maybe you should every second day do a little less intense of a workout, and let your body adjust to the amount of stress you are putting it under. Add more fruits and vegetables as snacks and even try a greens supplement, they are very handy and I found they gave me some good energy and I am by no means small either, im 6 ft 7 285lbs so give greens a go. Maybe some other reasonably priced supps could help, like ginseng, or maybe one of those little energy concoctions in liquid caps, they may also contain bee pollen, but it depends on your budget as well.

I also agree with drinking more tea than coffee if u drink coffee. Excessive coffee drinking can make you tired. I drink white tea which has a much milder, less taste than green tea and more antioxidants, but green is excellent as well, and both help with energy levels. let me know if you need any other help! Keep up the good work! Dont give up!

[quote]Fat Tony wrote:
No fish oils, no oils of any kind.

Also, I’m working out 5 days a week (5 days in a row). Could this be the problem?

Funny, but when I do my one candy bar a week I’m not tired any more. [/quote]

Going on a low fat diet was one of the worst things I ever did. I was sluggish and felt that my T-Levels dropped as well. As soon as i introduced some animal fats and more fish oils and flax seed oil, I felt immensely better.

Also, I didn’t see any post workout nutrition in you diet description. Even while trying to lose weight, a PWO Surge or similar is vital to refueling the muscles for the next workout. Don’t be afraid of the calories or the carbs after your workouts.

I also do not respond well to 5 workouts in a row. 2 on/ 1 off might be better, or every other day, depending on your workouts.

Best of luck.

[quote]Fat Tony wrote:

[/quote]

Many vitamins are transported through your body attached to a fat molecule. If you are not consuming any oil or fat, you aren’t transporting these vitamins, even though you might be taking them in. They don’t get transported around on the fat you already have stored in your body. You must consume fat/oil to transport them. (Simplified? Yes. Understandable? Yes.) Not to mention that you will become constipated if you don’t eat enough oils/fats. That’s Not a Good Idea! (I don’t want to know. Do not tell me of your functions in the loo.)

Last thought. Is it a mental tired, or a physical tired? I’m a bit frustrated with my training right now and am complaining that I’m tired. I’m tired of training, more than physically tired. With motivation, my tired goes away. I think you have the motivation and are probably physically tired. Get more sleep, get those vitamins distributed and you’ll feel better.

FWIW, I enjoy your writing style. Keep going! You can do it!

[quote]chris paul wrote:
Fat Tony wrote:

Also, I’m working out 5 days a week (5 days in a row). Could this be the problem?

Funny, but when I do my one candy bar a week I’m not tired any more.

Going on a low fat diet was one of the worst things I ever did. I was sluggish and felt that my T-Levels dropped as well. As soon as i introduced some animal fats and more fish oils and flax seed oil, I felt immensely better.

Also, I didn’t see any post workout nutrition in you diet description. Even while trying to lose weight, a PWO Surge or similar is vital to refueling the muscles for the next workout. Don’t be afraid of the calories or the carbs after your workouts.

I also do not respond well to 5 workouts in a row. 2 on/ 1 off might be better, or every other day, depending on your workouts.

Best of luck.
[/quote]

i like everything Chris said here … except one thing … but first off, know that you have come to the right place … take advantage of it … AND hear this:

YOU WILL MAKE IMMEASURABLY BETTER PROGRESS BY TRAINING AND EATING SMART RATHER THAN JUST BLINDLY BUSTING YOUR BALLS!

others are saying this, but i do not see you getting it

ok, my difference with Chris … if you are really really really big (obese), it is paramount to obtain and then maintain stable blood sugar … this will allow your body to get normalized and promote fat loss … you should be lifting weights now for fat loss … any strength gains, and they should come, will be a side effect of you training … so i say skip the Surge until you hve dropped a ton of weight

btw, if you turn out to be a troll, i will find you down there in LA and hit you in the nuts with a sledgehammer

Dan

[quote]Ladyjaine wrote:
FWIW, I enjoy your writing style.[/quote]

don’t