Too Cool for Hair Replacement?

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
sen say wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Being bald isnt the death sentence it used to be.

It was never a death sentence. Fred Mertz got twice the ass Ricky did.

True, but back in the 70’s and 80’s big hair was where it was at. Many of the action stars and male sex symbols of today either keep very short hair or are completely shaved bald. Think Bon Jovi vs. Vin Diesel. A good head of hair is always nice…but if you are like me, that just aint in the cards. Best bet is to shave it off.[/quote]

You missed the joke. Ethel was twice the size of Lucy! That was my first thought when I read it, at least. Anyhow, funnier that way.

[quote]djwhizkid wrote:
im losing my hair on top and im only 22…eventually you’ll get over and shave it or keep it close cut…its not a HUGE deal…[/quote]

How often do you shave? I have grown a pony tail over the last few years because my hairs grows fast in the back. I don’t want to have to shave every day instead of just shelling out the clams for a procedure.

[quote]Spaghett wrote:
djwhizkid wrote:
im losing my hair on top and im only 22…eventually you’ll get over and shave it or keep it close cut…its not a HUGE deal…

How often do you shave? I have grown a pony tail over the last few years because my hairs grows fast in the back. I don’t want to have to shave every day instead of just shelling out the clams for a procedure.[/quote]

So, you’re balding on the top with bad hair plugs and sporting a pony tail in the rear?

NOT a good look… for anyone.

Use hair clippers once a week.

Dude, you insecure or something? Don’t be a faker.

Clip it down to 1/2 inch or go bald. It’s what I do, and still get the ladies.

Bald isn’t always the best option. It depends on your head size and shape. I have a big head and jaw, which is proportional to my frame. But now that I’m thinning, and I can see the egg-like silhouette of my skull when I’m sitting in the barber’s chair…it ain’t pretty. A huge egg sitting on top of my shoulders.

Guys with normal size heads and jaws look OK bald but I don’t think its the look for me.

I’m going for a consultation in the next couple of weeks, get an idea of what the cost is.

Anyway, to answer OP’s ?, I’m in NYC and going to a doctor used by my friend. Don’t know anyone in Cali but there must be some awesome hair clinics out there. You’ll find a good place.

Hmmm. I have had a bald spot for several years now. Hair on sides and back is still very thick and wavy… but the stuff on top is thinning at best.

At 19 I joined the Army and wore a “high and tight” for several years. After that I tried to grow it out a bit and it always just looked silly to me. A few years ago, I decided to clip it weekly and wear a hat a lot. A couple of months ago, I decided to stop lying to myself and just buy a HeadBlade and shave my nugget every morning. So, I’ve gone with a staged withdrawal and I’m a lot happier with the result.

For the record, my wife was not thrilled with either the clipping or shaving at first but after a few days she came around and now life is good. Something about a smooth scalp… ;p

Dude, you owe it to yourself to at least try buzzed/bald before you get plugs again.

Here’s why:

1)receding hairline = what you make of it
2)receding hairline + bad plugs = bad
3)receding hairline + bad plugs + ponytail = are you kidding me?
4)you’ll likely look much younger
5)buzzed/bald will grow back soon enough if you don’t like it

Seriously, give it a try.

LA

i don’t like the thought of people on T-Nation getting “hair replacement”. that would be uber ghey. i’ve been shaving mine every day for about 3 years now and take pride in the fact that i have the balls to do it when there are so many other girly men out there who actually do what you’re thinking about doing.

oh and get the headblade. makes it super easy.

The women who like a shaved head see it as phallic.

I’ve been told that several times. “Can I rub your head?” Humm, well, can rub your breasts? it’s only fair…

Have some balls and buzz it off a couple times a week, and then shave it clean when you go out to “clubs” to pick up chicks.

A pony tail & hair plugs? gimme a break.

I’ve been told that several times. “Can I rub your head?” Humm, well, can rub your breasts? it’s only fair…

Have some balls and buzz it off a couple times a week, and then shave it clean when you go out to “clubs” to pick up chicks.

A pony tail & hair plugs? gimme a break.

[quote]eric_lacrosse wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t care why they like it, simply that they like it. I care mostly that it works for my wife… and therefore works for me. =]