T Nation

Too Cool for Hair Replacement?

I recently started looking into getting another round of hair replacement. I am definitely balding in the front but the back remains full and thick. I did not pay that much last time but I am not satisfied with the quality or the appearance simply because it does not appear natural. I am worried that I will be turned away by practicioners because I already had work done. Does anybody have any recommendations for good hair replacement procedures/doctors?

Send Kliplemet a pm…he can hook you up.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Send Kliplemet a pm…he can hook you up.[/quote]

Yea, but he’ll charge you a kidney.

OP, forget about hair replacement. Bald is cool.

So you did it before, dont like the results, and are going to do it again?

Being bald isnt the death sentence it used to be. I know it sucks, but it isnt the end of the world.

Just shave your head and no one will be the wiser. Everyone I know with a shaved head looks perfectly fine. I’m sure I’ll end up doing it myself here in a few years.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

OP, forget about hair replacement. Bald is cool.[/quote]

Word. People will think you’re weird with Brazilian hair and then they’ll hijack your thread because it’s gay.

Bee…you in DC? I’m in College Park…you work out at a hardcore gym?

I’ve always taken my hair for granted until it started thinning several years ago. Going bald is not really an option because of the way the thinning is distributed…I am thinning pretty badly in the front but the back remains the same as it always has been. I don’t want to go through life looking like friar tuck or having to shave the back of my scalp every couple days.

[quote]sen say wrote:

Bee…you in DC? I’m in College Park…you work out at a hardcore gym?[/quote]

Not quite, I go to the WSC in glover park. It’s more of a pussy-core gym.

this is the only hardcore gym I know of in town…

http://www.naturalstrength.com/wst/wst.asp

Unfortunately it costs something like 90$ an hour to train there because they coach you one on one. I don’t even want that anyway, but I do want a proper facility with proper equipment.

Hit me up if you know of a decent gym…

[quote]Spaghett wrote:
I’ve always taken my hair for granted until it started thinning several years ago. Going bald is not really an option because of the way the thinning is distributed…I am thinning pretty badly in the front but the back remains the same as it always has been. I don’t want to go through life looking like friar tuck or having to shave the back of my scalp every couple days. [/quote]

Going bald is always an option if your hair is thinning.

Not so fast, my friend. I still have about 75% of my hair, I am not going to burn down the house because the roof is leaking. I am considering hair replacement because everything I read looks more advanced than it did several years ago and I would like to keep my hair.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

Being bald isnt the death sentence it used to be. [/quote]

It was never a death sentence. Fred Mertz got twice the ass Ricky did.

[quote]Spaghett wrote:
I am considering hair replacement because everything I read looks more advanced than it did several years ago [/quote]

Several years ago, everything looked more advanced that it did several more years ago and you could and still can always spot the guys walking around with chia-head.

[quote]sen say wrote:
Spaghett wrote:
I am considering hair replacement because everything I read looks more advanced than it did several years ago

Several years ago, everything looked more advanced that it did several more years ago and you could and still can always spot the guys walking around with chia-head.[/quote]

4 realz yo. And I die inside a little bit every time I see it. It’s so hideous.

Shave it dude. It’s not the end of the world.

[quote]sen say wrote:
beebuddy wrote:

OP, forget about hair replacement. Bald is cool.

Word. People will think you’re weird with Brazilian hair and then they’ll hijack your thread because it’s gay.

Bee…you in DC? I’m in College Park…you work out at a hardcore gym?[/quote]

College park
originally from their went their in '82
used to hang out at the vous is it still their?

[quote]sen say wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Being bald isnt the death sentence it used to be.

It was never a death sentence. Fred Mertz got twice the ass Ricky did.[/quote]

True, but back in the 70’s and 80’s big hair was where it was at. Many of the action stars and male sex symbols of today either keep very short hair or are completely shaved bald. Think Bon Jovi vs. Vin Diesel. A good head of hair is always nice…but if you are like me, that just aint in the cards. Best bet is to shave it off.

[quote]print wrote:

College park
used to hang out at the vous is it still their?[/quote]

I don’t think so…I stay away from the Route 1 intersection there as much as possible. I know they tore the Cellar down and I think they got rid of the Vous…I think the Santa Fe is still there, but that one was always classy.

[quote]sen say wrote:
print wrote:

College park
used to hang out at the vous is it still their?

I don’t think so…I stay away from the Route 1 intersection there as much as possible. I know they tore the Cellar down and I think they got rid of the Vous…I think the Santa Fe is still there, but that one was always classy.[/quote]

Its been a long time never heard of the santa fe, used to be able to get dollar pitchers back in the day at the Vous thats all they sold beer and only beer wood floors, no seats you just stood their w/pitcher in hand. AHHHHHHH the good old days.
Are you actually in College Park?

Shave or very close cut. Doll hair isn’t manly.

im losing my hair on top and im only 22…eventually you’ll get over and shave it or keep it close cut…its not a HUGE deal…

[quote]sen say wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Being bald isnt the death sentence it used to be.

It was never a death sentence. Fred Mertz got twice the ass Ricky did.[/quote]

Bahahahaha