Tonsillectomy and Eating

So I assume I have to go have a tonsillectomy soon, as one of my tonsils is swollen and has weird colored stuff all over it. I am going to see my doctor today to confirm this.

How long is this going to prevent me from eating, I already lost 30 pounds this last semester (remember my lack of sleep thread) and would like to, someday , start trying to gain muscle back. Also, how much would it really hurt if I disobeyed orders and ate heavy textured foods anyway?

It sucks, when i got done with mine i just wanted to sleep and keep taking my lortab. I also had my Palet reduced and my little hanging down thing removed. :slight_smile:

Probably 1 day of not eating. Second day was jello. 3rd day was ice cream/jello. 4th day was some soup, ice cream, jello. then the 5th day i think i added some tuna helper.

That was basically my progression. I wasn’t into this life style at the time. so i really didn’t care about eating. I would say you should be able to down some oatmeal and shakes pretty quick.

It took about 2 weeks before i could eat pain free.

good luck

[quote]jimmyjames66 wrote:
Also, how much would it really hurt if I disobeyed orders and ate heavy textured foods anyway? [/quote]

You won’t want to do that.

You have your whole life to train, why the huge rush right now?