Tongkat Ali Anti Aromatize?

I start to get sensitivity in nipples while taking tonkgat ali. I guess I’m just sensitive. Are there any over the counter recommendations you guys have to counteract further gyno issues taking this supplement? I know its not a steroid but all help will be appreciated.

anyone?

i dunno… i’ve only read one study that showed tongkat ali raised testosterone, and that was in men over 50. most OTC testosterone boosters have very little research to back their effectiveness…

I know it works it just gives me gyno probs so I want to prevent it.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
I know it works it just gives me gyno probs so I want to prevent it.[/quote]

then why don’t you explain, based off you experience and the scientific data, how it works so we can get to the root of the problem then?

The root of Eurycoma longifolia contains several chemicals that have different effects in the body. Some of the chemicals seem to affect how the body produces the hormone testosterone. Research in animals and humans suggests it might increase testosterone in the body.

Eurycoma contains a group of small peptides referred to as â??eurypeptidesâ?? that are known to have effects in improving energy status and sex drive in studies of rodents, The effects of tongkat ali in restoring normal testosterone levels appears to be less due to actually â??stimulatingâ?? testosterone synthesis, but rather by increasing the release rate of â??freeâ?? testosterone from its binding hormone, sex-hormone-binding-globulin.

In this way, eurycoma may be considered not so much a testosterone â??boosterâ?? (such as an anabolic steroid), but rather a â??maintainerâ?? of normal testosterone levels and a â??restorerâ?? of normal testosterone levels (from â??lowâ?? back â??upâ?? to normal ranges). This would make eurycoma particularly beneficial for individuals with sub-normal testosterone levels, including those who are dieting for weight loss, middle-aged individuals suffering with fatigue or depression, and intensely training athletes who may be at risk for overtraining.

This is what someone wrote in another forum:
" I just wanted to let everyone know about this product (although it has been posted in the past). i am currently using the LJ100 version of longjack (made by Herbal Powers, but sold by several different brands) and i just have to say that this stuff is unbelievable. only been using it for 9 days, but my balls have pretty much doubled in size, actually ache, and i feel horny as all get out. more intense and confident as well, classic hallmarks of increased t levels. i’m taking ~400-500 mgs per day of LJ100 in divided doses (3x).

i have heard that increased estrogen levels could result and that some people were reporting gyno a few weeks in, but i have yet to see that in my case. i urge you to at least try it and report back in ~10 days (although the results were pretty much instantaneous in my case). have fun and please let me know how it’s working out for you. make sure to get the LJ100 version standardized for 100:1; you can google it and it’s sold by several different companies. thank me later."

Basically I know it works. Its plenty for what my needs are, but get gyno probs shortly after. I’d like to counter it naturally if I can and maybe have something on hand that is more potent for emergencies.

Thx!

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
The root of Eurycoma longifolia contains several chemicals that have different effects in the body. Some of the chemicals seem to affect how the body produces the hormone testosterone. Research in animals and humans suggests it might increase testosterone in the body.

Eurycoma contains a group of small peptides referred to as �¢??eurypeptides�¢?? that are known to have effects in improving energy status and sex drive in studies of rodents, The effects of tongkat ali in restoring normal testosterone levels appears to be less due to actually �¢??stimulating�¢?? testosterone synthesis, but rather by increasing the release rate of �¢??free�¢?? testosterone from its binding hormone, sex-hormone-binding-globulin.

In this way, eurycoma may be considered not so much a testosterone �¢??booster�¢?? (such as an anabolic steroid), but rather a �¢??maintainer�¢?? of normal testosterone levels and a �¢??restorer�¢?? of normal testosterone levels (from �¢??low�¢?? back �¢??up�¢?? to normal ranges). This would make eurycoma particularly beneficial for individuals with sub-normal testosterone levels, including those who are dieting for weight loss, middle-aged individuals suffering with fatigue or depression, and intensely training athletes who may be at risk for overtraining.

This is what someone wrote in another forum:
" I just wanted to let everyone know about this product (although it has been posted in the past). i am currently using the LJ100 version of longjack (made by Herbal Powers, but sold by several different brands) and i just have to say that this stuff is unbelievable. only been using it for 9 days, but my balls have pretty much doubled in size, actually ache, and i feel horny as all get out. more intense and confident as well, classic hallmarks of increased t levels. i’m taking ~400-500 mgs per day of LJ100 in divided doses (3x).

i have heard that increased estrogen levels could result and that some people were reporting gyno a few weeks in, but i have yet to see that in my case. i urge you to at least try it and report back in ~10 days (although the results were pretty much instantaneous in my case). have fun and please let me know how it’s working out for you. make sure to get the LJ100 version standardized for 100:1; you can google it and it’s sold by several different companies. thank me later."

Basically I know it works. Its plenty for what my needs are, but get gyno probs shortly after. I’d like to counter it naturally if I can and maybe have something on hand that is more potent for emergencies.

Thx![/quote]

well, i was being pretty sarcastic there, but anyway…

if you want something natural to counter gyno, you’re prolly not gonna find it. I3C and resveratrol have shown some benefit there, but not in treating an actual gyno issue (but in managing natural estrogen). you should prolly see a doc, as there are very few reliable studies show that tongkat ali actually raises testosterone in men under 50.

(if you don’t wanna see the doc, then look into a SERM or AI, but again, i don’t think the tongkat ali has spiked your test levels so high that you’re having aromatization issues)

I swear it did man.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
I swear it did man.[/quote]

it might have affected your sex drive, it might have raised your test levels… but if you don’t have bloodwork, then you can’t really say one way or the other.

but again, to have a gyno issue from an OTC supplement is pretty unlikely, unless it has a lot of documented research on how well it works. (FYI: most of the studies on tongkat ali were kind of shady, as there are some reports of it increasing prolactin as well, but also happened to be undocumented)

anyway, if you have gyno, then you need to treat it medically…

if you have a period of time of tongkat ali, i’d suggest getting bloodwork done if you use it again, to be able to be certain it’s affect on your hormone levels.

Joey this is what I know about your problem. The product T Ali does increase your own T levels therefore (naturally or not) there is more opportunity for aromatization. Every one is different on how much or little estrogen it takes to cause gyno but the more T then the increase in probability. Chrysin is OTC and can help block this conversion but it is weak and I am sure some will come back stating that it is crap. But I have had success using it in compounding with topical T for some sensitive patients (there will also be a lot of criticism about topical T use as well) but they do make it in capsule form (just make sure you get pharmaceutical grade).

Also, there is DIM ( di-indole-methylene) (sp) that is available OTC. I use this in women who are taking Bio Identical estrogen hormone replacement therapy to help block an inner conversion of good estrogen to the bad metabolite linked to breast cancer. I believe GNC has a product called TestostroGrow that has both of these in it. I am also using a T Ali product (TestoMax-100) but only using 200mg per day (10 on 5 off) along with Trans D Tropin (renamed to TTD Tropin I think) and like the results. Hope this helps and get ready for the nay Sayers.