Toney Freeman's Winning Streak

For all the true bodybuilding fans out there…

What are your thoughts on Toney’s recent win streak with both the tampa and europa?

What do you think of Dennis James new physique and second place finishes?

Also the new dood on the map of fouad abiadad (sp?)?

I thought fouad has a pretty good physique and he might go up there with some of my new fav bodybuilders to follow.

I thought toney looked good and can’t wait to see him in the lineup at the O. Hopefully he doesn’t have the same performance he had last time he won two pro shows in a row lol.

I thought Dennis James looks a lot better since slimming down the waist.

What do you guys think of the 202lb class and how guys like flex lewis and david henry could possibly be “giant killers”.

Erik Fankhousers pro debut at the europa was pretty cool. Imo he needs more mass up top, but I think he’s a cool guy and has a good physique.

here is fankhouser’s “lifestyle” vid leading up to the europa…

http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/1688/164/

and what is it with pros getting injured falling down stairs. Branch Warren is out of the olympia due to a torn tricep that occured while falling down stairs. doesn’t it seem that a lot of bodybuilders injure themselves doing stuff like this? lol jk

DG

Toney’s wins were justified imo. He was just as hard as DJ at both outings but had better porportions imo.

DJ’s waist looked ood but he sacraficed too much leg size.

It’s about Fouad got recognized. he was better conditioned than both of them.

David Henry has ALWAYS been a giant killer. His newfound back thickness/width looked just INSANE on his physique though. Can’t wait to see how he does at the O.

Flex was the most conditioned athlete in both shows imo. I was very happy for him. GREAT pro debut.

I was hoping Erik would do a bit better.

I don’t know WHAT the hell happened with Mark Dugdale. I didn’t think he looked that bad.

does anyone have links to pics of these comps?

I don’t think they can be posted.

It’s about time Toney started winning. I was scared he was going into early retirement with some of his not so great placings in the past year.

[quote]jtg987 wrote:
does anyone have links to pics of these comps?[/quote]

go to musculardevelopment.com and look at contest pics.

DG

[quote]Brendan Ryan wrote:
Toney’s wins were justified imo. He was just as hard as DJ at both outings but had better porportions imo.

David Henry has ALWAYS been a giant killer. His newfound back thickness/width looked just INSANE on his physique though. Can’t wait to see how he does at the O.

Flex was the most conditioned athlete in both shows imo. I was very happy for him. GREAT pro debut.

I don’t know WHAT the hell happened with Mark Dugdale. I didn’t think he looked that bad.[/quote]

I thought dugdale looked good too, but he has looked better and that was probably his downfall…that’s all I could think of.

He was definitely overlooked at the tampa, but as chicharillo said at both shows dugdale is kind of in a category where he is too big for the 202 but not big enough to be a threat in the open. He has to come in completely peeled and he does okay. I thought he looked great but he has been leaner and dryer. That’s the only reason that I could come up with.

DG

i had a look at toney freemans posing routine and various pics, toney freeman definatly deserved to win however watching his routine at one part deserved a big no homo in one part. great physique though

david henry and flex lewis compete at 202? wtf what are they like 4’9?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
david henry and flex lewis compete at 202? wtf what are they like 4’9?[/quote]

Dave is 5’4.5 and won’t be competing there much longer…

damn, gerdy you compete in the class dont you? you usually run into those “giant killers”?

[quote]Scott M wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
david henry and flex lewis compete at 202? wtf what are they like 4’9?

Dave is 5’4.5 and won’t be competing there much longer…[/quote]

Dave The Dwarf is going to grow quite a bit… Not in height, unfortunately.
Shame that the judges seem to ignore the short guys as much as they can…

Freeman’s a total freak. Very cool to see a dude his size finally putting it all together, and still keeping such a small midsection.

S

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
Brendan Ryan wrote:

I don’t know WHAT the hell happened with Mark Dugdale. I didn’t think he looked that bad.

I thought dugdale looked good too, but he has looked better and that was probably his downfall…that’s all I could think of.

He was definitely overlooked at the tampa, but as chicharillo said at both shows dugdale is kind of in a category where he is too big for the 202 but not big enough to be a threat in the open. He has to come in completely peeled and he does okay. I thought he looked great but he has been leaner and dryer. That’s the only reason that I could come up with.

DG[/quote]

That’s about all I can figure too.

DH grew some INSANE lats.

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
damn, gerdy you compete in the class dont you? you usually run into those “giant killers”?[/quote]

lol I’m not near their level tho. lol

but I have 3 2nd place trophies all to short guys if that says anything. lol :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s crazy the weights some pro bodybuilders weigh when they are hyoooge. I heard flex lewis was under 200. It’s all about packing muscle in the right places and filling out your frame. I’ll fill out at around 260-270 for pro status .vs. the shorter guys who fill out much faster.

but as we see in most competitions, the shorter guys win unless they come up against a big man that has filled out. Look at freeman and wolf, it takes a very exceptional short guy to stand next to them, let alone beat them.

DJ did grow some insane lats! And I’m a fan of david henry and i know hes a DC guy…he keeps growing…imagine that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

DG