Toney Freeman Arrested in Sweden

[quote]kakno wrote:
The law says nothing about having it in your system. Unless done for medicinal or scientific purposes, it’s illegal to:
Import
Give someone
Produce (lulz)
Buy with intent to sell
Sell
Have or
Use
anabolic steroids, testosterone or its derivatives, GH, or substances that increase the synthesis or the aforementioned substances.

So it’s illegal to be a healthy, steroid-producing human, or eat fat and cholesterol and for that matter tribulus and shit, which is sold openly, but it’s perfectly OK to inject abroad and cross the border.

The cop didn’t have the right to do that. He said “you’re not welcome” but he has no right to do that and Toney left because he wanted to (understandable), not because he had to. Toney saw a man with a badge and didn’t have a lawyer nearby, so he did the smart thing and cooperated. The cops in Sundsvall are acting all proud cause they’ve got a big doping case in progress, but the cop acted outside the law in this case.

That law, while oddly worded, is a representation of the government. What the cop did was against the law, so he isn’t.[/quote]

Ok, so is your government reprimanding this cop?

My guess is NOT.

[quote]kakno wrote:
The law says nothing about having it in your system. Unless done for medicinal or scientific purposes, it’s illegal to:
Import
Give someone
Produce (lulz)
Buy with intent to sell
Sell
Have or
Use
anabolic steroids, testosterone or its derivatives, GH, or substances that increase the synthesis or the aforementioned substances.

So it’s illegal to be a healthy, steroid-producing human, or eat fat and cholesterol and for that matter tribulus and shit, which is sold openly, but it’s perfectly OK to inject abroad and cross the border.

The cop didn’t have the right to do that. He said “you’re not welcome” but he has no right to do that and Toney left because he wanted to (understandable), not because he had to. Toney saw a man with a badge and didn’t have a lawyer nearby, so he did the smart thing and cooperated. The cops in Sundsvall are acting all proud cause they’ve got a big doping case in progress, but the cop acted outside the law in this case.

That law, while oddly worded, is a representation of the government. What the cop did was against the law, so he isn’t.[/quote]

Well thats good then.

Cop was so jelly of Freemans 25" waist

[quote]kakno wrote:
The law says nothing about having it in your system. Unless done for medicinal or scientific

Wait, I don’t understand. Did the cop just ask him to leave or did he make him give a urine sample? There’s a big difference between telling someone “you’re not welcome” and “you’re not welcome and I’m going to need a urine sample because I suspect your on drugs”.

They did this to send a message, and if the GOVERNMENT of Sweden isn’t reprimanding these cops, then they show they support that decision. Magnus existing makes this act complete bullshit. It means any guy here weighing much over 220lbs can get on a plane, go to Sweden and end up in jail by tonight for NO reason other than not being small.

I wonder if anyone here supports this.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Because he’s not lean. Because he’s not a “bodybuilder”. Because your country’s drug laws are ignorant as shit. Because there is no way to realistically rationalize what went down with Freeman. Because Magnus is the most famous athlete in your country’s history, arguably.
[/quote]
True. But aren’t most steroid laws ignorant as shit?

Big guys have visited Sweden before, I think it’s just the dumb cops in Sundsvall that are particularly on edge now with that big steroid trial they have there. Don’t think it’s ever happened before.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

My guess is NOT.[/quote]
No, they won’t. Excuse my attempts to translate legal swedish, but “error in duty” hasn’t been punishable by law for decades. The implications of this is that if you really fuck up, the legal system won’t touch you, your boss will decide what happens to you. Which is usually nothing. This is a really stupid system, but since no party bring that question up, nothing will ever improve. Same thing with steroid legislation.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Because he’s not lean. Because he’s not a “bodybuilder”. Because your country’s drug laws are ignorant as shit. Because there is no way to realistically rationalize what went down with Freeman. Because Magnus is the most famous athlete in your country’s history, arguably.
[/quote]
True. But aren’t most steroid laws ignorant as shit?

Big guys have visited Sweden before, I think it’s just the dumb cops in Sundsvall that are particularly on edge now with that big steroid trial they have there. Don’t think it’s ever happened before.

My guess is NOT.[/quote]
No, they won’t. Excuse my attempts to translate legal swedish, but “error in duty” hasn’t been punishable by law for decades. The implications of this is that if you really fuck up, the legal system won’t touch you, your boss will decide what happens to you. Which is usually nothing. This is a really stupid system, but since no party bring that question up, nothing will ever improve. Same thing with steroid legislation.[/quote]

Then it sounds like ALL OF SWEDEN is at fault here if there is a problem yet no one will do anything about it.

I could see if he did like Stallone and had a bag full of steroids (then you literally broke the law)…but that wasn’t the case at all. They simply arrested him only because he was a pro bodybuilder and they knew he was visiting.

You have to have some real personal grudge against ‘pro bodybuilding’ to do something like that.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
Wait, I don’t understand. Did the cop just ask him to leave or did he make him give a urine sample? There’s a big difference between telling someone “you’re not welcome” and “you’re not welcome and I’m going to need a urine sample because I suspect your on drugs”.[/quote]

I don’t know. If he had reason to believe that Toney had broken the doping law (which I’d say that he had not, since Toney was already that big when he got here, and having used is not illegal) he’d probably have a right to demand a urine sample. In this case, I guess he asked for one anyway and I guess Toney did the smoothest thing and cooperated, which is the smart thing to do when some foreign police force is fucking with you and you don’t know their rights.

We can’t kick a guy out for having used drugs outside Sweden. I don’t know how sure you have to be to demand a urine sample. But Toney hasn’t broken any laws and can’t be punished.

They did this to send a message, and if the GOVERNMENT of Sweden isn’t reprimanding these cops, then they show they support that decision. Magnus existing makes this act complete bullshit. It means any guy here weighing much over 220lbs can get on a plane, go to Sweden and end up in jail by tonight for NO reason other than not being small.

I wonder if anyone here supports this.[/quote]

It’s illegal for members of the government to tell individual authorities how to do their job in detail. Changes are made through legislation. That wouldn’t make a difference in this case, since the legislation says that Toney’s innocent (unless he pulled a Stallone or something, which I doubt). That dude answers to his boss and his boss alone.

You can’t end up in jail for being big. You have to break the law, which Toney didn’t do. He was released immediately and if he’d had a non-retarted lawyer with him he probably would’t have had to give them a urine sample either.

You have to have some real personal grudge against ‘pro bodybuilding’ to do something like that.[/quote]

Exactly. This not too smart cop thought he was clever. He wasn’t.

We are NOT getting the full story here fellas. Police can not arrest like that on mere suspicion, otherwise they would have walked into Swedish Championship and cuffed the entire line-up.

Bodybuilding is not big here and most of the big guys are training in special gyms, you go in there and you can pick who the heck you want and the tests will be positive.

There is more behind the surface on his arrest, I’ll keep en eye open on the papers, but I doubt it will come out.

We have Fitness Festival coming up this weekend, they can state an example there on Swedish citezens if they want.

Law forces are VERY limited in Sweden, that behaviour seems over the top BY A LOT and wouldn’t fly without some real evidence.

^^ This.

There’s something else at play here.

But as an aside, I’m pretty sure being 250+ lbs and shredded give probable cause to search for AAS. You can rant about liberties all you want, its pretty fucking obvious. I think the only thing saving us now is rampant use amongst police and military, combined with a (relatively) quiet period in the media regarding AAS.

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
^^ This.

But as an aside, I’m pretty sure being 250+ lbs and shredded give probable cause to search for AAS. You can rant about liberties all you want, its pretty fucking obvious. I think the only thing saving us now is rampant use amongst police and military, combined with a (relatively) quiet period in the media regarding AAS. [/quote]

Do you even know what the term “probable cause” means?

Or are you clinically retarded?

Plz move to North Korea where you will fit in with society.

People who go skiing wear masks on their faces. Do cops have probable cause to arrest them for bank robbery? The fuck is wrong with you ???

Probable cause: reasonable belief that a crime has been committed.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]PAINTRAINDave wrote:
^^ This.

But as an aside, I’m pretty sure being 250+ lbs and shredded give probable cause to search for AAS. You can rant about liberties all you want, its pretty fucking obvious. I think the only thing saving us now is rampant use amongst police and military, combined with a (relatively) quiet period in the media regarding AAS. [/quote]

Do you even know what the term “probable cause” means?

Or are you clinically retarded?

Plz move to North Korea where you will fit in with society.

[/quote]

Agreed. What defines “shredded” to the average person or cop? It didn’t take steroids for me to hit 250lbs and while I was not “shredded” few would call me fat at that weight. According to this guy, anyone who is “big” (definition apparently open to interpretation seeing as “250” is now being thrown around) gives PROBABLE CAUSE for search and seizure.

I mean, holy shit, what happened to America?

BONEZ217 - it is NOT easy to pull off that shit in Sweden. I’ve friend who works at the police and I talked about it with him just few hours ago. Someone went OUT OF HIS WAY to make this happen. Or Tony bought some cannabis from the locals or something.

This is a stupid ass thing to do for a lot of reason:

• Bad PR for the entire country
  • Let’s arrest every soccer, hockey, track&field player on suspicion.

It is really easy to poke this sub-culture as anabolic is a part of it. It is part of every sport expect some freakin shit like curling, but in BB it is more obvious.

“Hey, we don’t want our kids to have Tony as a hero”.

Incompentecy of that cop or departament is out of this world…

the things bitter naturals can do

[quote]Quadforce wrote:
BONEZ217 - it is NOT easy to pull off that shit in Sweden. I’ve friend who works at the police and I talked about it with him just few hours ago. Someone went OUT OF HIS WAY to make this happen. Or Tony bought some cannabis from the locals or something.

It is really easy to poke this sub-culture as anabolic is a part of it. It is part of every sport expect some freakin shit like curling, but in BB it is more obvious.

Incompentecy of that cop or departament is out of this world…[/quote]

Wait…if he broke the law, they would be flashing his illegal act all over as justification. They didn’t. They let him go after humiliating him publicly. Had they had something, they could have detained him.

Yeah, it does make Sweden look bad. Maybe this cop should have thought of that ahead of time.

They arrested him BECAUSE he was a pro bodybuilder. Maybe they ASSUMED he would have drugs on him. Either way, I hope everyone boycotts the country if this is allowed to fly.

I don’t see anyone from Sweden getting detained here for no reason.

Toney must have been shitting his pants. I assume pro bbers travel with some type gear.

Prolly had some type of anabolics at his hotel or something

Ever seen the show locked up: abroad, scary as hell

hes lucky he got out of there

[quote]TommyGunz32 wrote:
I assume pro bbers travel with some type gear.

[/quote]

Big assumption. I would “assume” as much if they MOVED to Sweden, but unless he was there for several days or weeks, why would he risk it?

They haven’t stated he had anything on him at all. They simply forced a drug test and let him go.

What they did is actually REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to pull off and they are a lot of drug lords running around because they just can’t arrest them without valid reasons.

They can not possibily know if he himself injected those drugs or if he was drugged. The standard response is: “I don’t know anything about it” and if they don’t have any proof. You are off, because someone could have mixed that shit in his cheeseburgar to set him up.

[quote]Quadforce wrote:

Incompentecy of that cop or departament is out of this world…[/quote]

Wait…if he broke the law, they would be flashing his illegal act all over as justification. They didn’t. They let him go after humiliating him publicly. Had they had something, they could have detained him.

Yeah, it does make Sweden look bad. Maybe this cop should have thought of that ahead of time.

They arrested him BECAUSE he was a pro bodybuilder. Maybe they ASSUMED he would have drugs on him. Either way, I hope everyone boycotts the country if this is allowed to fly.

I don’t see anyone from Sweden getting detained here for no reason.
[/quote]

[quote]Quadforce wrote:
What they did is actually REALLY REALLY REALLY hard to pull off and they are a lot of drug lords running around because they just can’t arrest them without valid reasons.

They can not possibily know if he himself injected those drugs or if he was drugged. The standard response is: “I don’t know anything about it” and if they don’t have any proof. You are off, because someone could have mixed that shit in his cheeseburgar to set him up.

[/quote]

Doesn’t matter. If they had something on him AT ALL, then after he ADMITTED TO USING, they would have detained him…NOT LET HIM GO.

They let him go because they realized they didn’t have shit on him. They fucked up. If they hadn’t fucked up, they would be screaming about what drugs he had on him.

In America, our personal rights are what keep a bunch of cops from raiding the Olympia contest (even though they have tried at smaller contests in the past as far as interrogation).

If it was so hard to pull off, then how did they do it?