Tomorrow Belongs to Me!!

Read some of the comments after the clip.

If we bankrupt ourselves policing this miserable globe, look for scenes like that in your neighborhood.

0o0

-Gendou

It’s charming in it’s original context.

[quote]Nominal Prospect wrote:
It’s charming in it’s original context.[/quote]

When my son was about 6 years old, he came into the room just as this song was starting in the movie. He sat down, transfixed, and when all the people stood up, so did he. When the blond, blue-eyed Nazi kid gives the salute, my son (who is blond, blue-eyed, brilliant, and half-German) raised his arm as if hypnotised…a perfect nazi salute.

The power of song…

Headhunter, your son is german?
I thought your wife was chinese, so …you are in fact … german?
Would explain your peculiar love/hate relationship with theVaterland.

Anyway, your little anecdote wraps it up all nice, the influence of media is very powerful to the unexperienced and innocent mind (in this case, your son).

It is especially obvious when you study old propaganda material. For today’s brains, some of it seems so cheesy and weak, yet in those times it was pure magic.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Headhunter, your son is german?
I thought your wife was chinese, so …you are in fact … german?
Would explain your peculiar love/hate relationship with theVaterland.

Anyway, your little anecdote wraps it up all nice, the influence of media is very powerful to the unexperienced and innocent mind (in this case, your son).

It is especially obvious when you study old propaganda material. For today’s brains, some of it seems so cheesy and weak, yet in those times it was pure magic.[/quote]

My adopted daughter is from China. My two biological sons are at least half-German — all of my wife’s great-grandparents came together from some town in the south, the name of which I do not remember. It was some sort of mass exodus.

My great-grandfather came from Germany about the end of the 19th century. He was a Jew.

My mother was a German-Jewish nuclear physicist, who worked on the Manhatten Project. She died of leukemia, probably from radioactive exposure.

Are you asleep yet?