T Nation

Tom Mutaffis Weighted Pullups, BW+100x5

Hit a new PR in the gym last night…

Fuckin’ A.
Fair fucks, that’s seriously impressive.

That is some clean pulling form. Nice work guy!

Massively impressive! Where at in NC if you don’t mind me asking?

Nice ROM there Tom, strong stuff.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
Fuckin’ A.
Fair fucks, that’s seriously impressive.[/quote]

[quote]grettiron wrote:
That is some clean pulling form. Nice work guy! [/quote]

[quote]Hog Ear wrote:
Nice ROM there Tom, strong stuff. [/quote]

Thank you for the positive feedback.

[quote]kross001 wrote:
Massively impressive! Where at in NC if you don’t mind me asking?[/quote]

I am in Charlotte, NC.

What’s your training look like?

[quote]drewh wrote:
What’s your training look like?
[/quote]

Right now I am trying a program called HCT-12.

I can post some of the details if you are interested but it is basically a 3-day Upper/Lower split where you work up to a cluster set of 6+2+2+2 with your 6RM (around 80%).

[quote]grettiron wrote:
That is some clean pulling form. Nice work guy! [/quote]

I’m gonna show this to those who say you can’t have big ROM with a wide grip, or that bigger guys can’t do pull-ups. Really, nice job.

Also, I know I’m not the only one who’d be interested in hearing more about how you train.

I looked him up online his training seems pretty basic imo, he just seems consistent.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
I’m gonna show this to those who say you can’t have big ROM with a wide grip, or that bigger guys can’t do pull-ups.
[/quote]

That’s what I thought.

[quote]Proud_Virgin wrote:
I’m gonna show this to those who say you can’t have big ROM with a wide grip, or that bigger guys can’t do pull-ups. Really, nice job.

Also, I know I’m not the only one who’d be interested in hearing more about how you train.[/quote]

Thank you.

As I mentioned above for the past couple of weeks I was trying the HCT-12 program but I am about to switch things up and go with something custom. In the past I have trained mostly based on instincts with a simple push/pull/lower rotation usually only hitting the gym 1-2 days per week and then training with strongman implements 1-2 days on the weekend (no structure to the strongman training).

I do write a lot of custom programs for people since I did follow consistent ‘power-builder’ gym training programs for 7-8 years before competing in strongman.

[quote]drewh wrote:
I looked him up online his training seems pretty basic imo, he just seems consistent. [/quote]

What did you “look up”?

The only comprehensive training log that I have is on the Marunde site and it dates back to 2007. There is nothing really consistent or basic in my training - complexes, strongman events, unique gym training, and auto-regulation. I do not bench press, I do not back squat, and my rep ranges / exercises are never the same in two consecutive workouts (except for the past three weeks).

Perhaps you saw one of my training journals and thought that HCT was something that I have done for a while?

It was forum stuff and some article on strongman.

Nice one on the PR , just out of curiosity how come you dont back squat? loving the threads!

Fitz