Tom Mutaffis - 375lbs Axle Overhead Press

Overhead press PR…

Crazy strength Tom.

Wowza. That’s way above competition weights for your class, right?

[quote]grettiron wrote:
Wowza. That’s way above competition weights for your class, right? [/quote]

The comp i just competed in had Max Axle. There were a couple of HW and SHW attempting 375. Tom will smoke people with that weight in his class.

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:
Crazy strength Tom.[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

The current NAS record for max axle clean & press is 345 lbs for LW (<105Kg) and 365 lbs for HW’s (>105Kg). If it is an axle for reps then for LW it would usually be 220-240 lbs and for HW 260-290 lbs.

This video is a gym lift and I didn’t clean the bar from the floor, just working on my press.

[quote]Shakes wrote:

[quote]MikeyKBiatch wrote:
Crazy strength Tom.[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]grettiron wrote:

The current NAS record for max axle clean & press is 345 lbs for LW (<105Kg) and 365 lbs for HW’s (>105Kg). If it is an axle for reps then for LW it would usually be 220-240 lbs and for HW 260-290 lbs.

This video is a gym lift and I didn’t clean the bar from the floor, just working on my press.
[/quote]

Do they define a certain size axle? I know in this last comp HW & SHW used a bigger axle than the one for LW & MW. I’m surprised that is the record for HW.

Damn strong, Shakes. Nice work.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Do they define a certain size axle? I know in this last comp HW & SHW used a bigger axle than the one for LW & MW. I’m surprised that is the record for HW. [/quote]

Yes, a 2" axle is the standard. For the record to be broken a NAS executive must be present (Willie or Dione). Also, most competitors want to place well in the contest and so they need to hit a big lift prior to attempting the record which makes it more challenging.

The competitor who set the HW record is now a pro strongman, but his 365 lift looked very easy. If you search for “Matt Dawson Axle” on youtube you will find the video. Ryan Bakke previously held the HW record at 363 lbs.

For the LW’s the record was stuck at 315 lbs for a long time although Rob Orlando unofficially hit 365 lbs in a contest in 2007 (didn’t count because NAS leadership was not present). The record increased last year by David Rameirez and currently stands at 345 lbs.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Damn strong, Shakes. Nice work.[/quote]

Thank you.

[quote]Shakes wrote:

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
Do they define a certain size axle? I know in this last comp HW & SHW used a bigger axle than the one for LW & MW. I’m surprised that is the record for HW. [/quote]

Yes, a 2" axle is the standard. For the record to be broken a NAS executive must be present (Willie or Dione). Also, most competitors want to place well in the contest and so they need to hit a big lift prior to attempting the record which makes it more challenging.

The competitor who set the HW record is now a pro strongman, but his 365 lift looked very easy. If you search for “Matt Dawson Axle” on youtube you will find the video. Ryan Bakke previously held the HW record at 363 lbs.

For the LW’s the record was stuck at 315 lbs for a long time although Rob Orlando unofficially hit 365 lbs in a contest in 2007 (didn’t count because NAS leadership was not present). The record increased last year by David Rameirez and currently stands at 345 lbs.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
Damn strong, Shakes. Nice work.[/quote]

Thank you.
[/quote]

Ok. Willie was at the competition but we were using a 2.5in axle which was odd. I know one guy took 375 for a ride a few times but I think ended up missing…

That’s freakin insane Tom - nice work