T Nation

Tom Cruise @ 17mph?

Hey,

I heard today on the radio that Tom Cruise said that he was clocked running 17mph for a quarter mile. Is that possible??? I think if another dude was bending over 400m away.

Also interesting video:

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/tom-cruise/the-afternoon-cruise-barnstorming-the-miiii-premiere-171704.php

Totaly possible. A 4 minute mile requires and average speed of 15mph., so if someone is a good runner a 17 mph. sprint or interval is reasonable. I’m sure there are a lot of people who are faster.

The whole talking to eachother in the urinals thing though? Not cool.

Kelly Rippas response to seeing Vings schwang though- now That was fast.
I thought she was going to dislocate a hip throwing her feet behind her ears.

[quote]joeyk39 wrote:
Hey,

I heard today on the radio that Tom Cruise said that he was clocked running 17mph for a quarter mile. Is that possible??? I think if another dude was bending over 400m away.

Also interesting video:

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/tom-cruise/the-afternoon-cruise-barnstorming-the-miiii-premiere-171704.php

[/quote]

17mph for a quarter mile is actually pretty modest

[quote]postcrime wrote:
joeyk39 wrote:
Hey,

Also interesting video:

17mph for a quarter mile is actually pretty modest

[/quote]

That’s a 52.9" 400m, which is really fast for a fucking midget.

[quote]spartanpower wrote:
That’s a 52.9" 400m, which is really fast for a fucking midget.[/quote]

no it isn’t… well I guess it depends on what your standards are… but it wouldn’t have made the varsity relay on my high school team

what would you say was a good time?im going to do thibs energy system workout routine this sumemr which consists of 1-2 sessions a week of 400 metre sprints, i hope this will help rip the fat off me so I can get to 7-8% Bf. Im obviously not an athelte but if other people who are in fairly good shape could post their times (honestly) then it could be something to aim for.

Either way, hes still out of his fucking mind.

Well I do 800 repeats. 800 than one lap jog than 800 again. 6-9 times. I try to stay between 2.50" and 3.05" from first to last. I dunno if that helps u.
Tom Cruise does get on my nerves. Sometimes when he talks he seems ok, but than at other times you can tell that he is full of himself.

I saw Sly once. He is tiny. I used to be jacked than, compared to now and he looked like a dwarf next to me. It was on an formula one track so I had my shirt off too.

if you’re gonna be running 400’s for conditioning and were wondering what a good time would be, i train with a guy who also runs track at a university, and we ran a 00.48 the other day.

[quote]16iNchGuNs wrote:
if you’re gonna be running 400’s for conditioning and were wondering what a good time would be, i train with a guy who also runs track at a university, and we ran a 00.48 the other day.[/quote]

really?

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_400ok.htm

for those of you NOT obtaining sub 50 second 400m times, just give up, as there is no conditioning benefit

Didn’t anyone notice how nice it was of Cruise to remember Ving and give him the role several years later? I mean wasn’t that just nice? For a scientologist! :slight_smile:

“Is that possible??? I think if another dude was bending over 400m away”

lmao. It took me a few seconds to get that.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
spartanpower wrote:
That’s a 52.9" 400m, which is really fast for a fucking midget.

no it isn’t… well I guess it depends on what your standards are… but it wouldn’t have made the varsity relay on my high school team

[/quote]

But he has those tiny little legs…

I think Tom Cruise might be gay.

[quote]Saki X wrote:
what would you say was a good time?im going to do thibs energy system workout routine this sumemr which consists of 1-2 sessions a week of 400 metre sprints, i hope this will help rip the fat off me so I can get to 7-8% Bf. Im obviously not an athelte but if other people who are in fairly good shape could post their times (honestly) then it could be something to aim for.[/quote]

It depends. I’m a terrible runner, so for me anything under 60 seconds is flying. Just run all out the whole way…it’ll feel like a 400 lb gorilla just jumped on your back on the last 100.

According to this site:

A :52 would put you at the 77 percentile for high school boys in the nation.

A :48 would put you in the 92 percentile for high school boys in the nation.

Edit: Male high school track athletes obviously. Not band members and drama club participants.

I just got back from New Englands today, and the top time in the 400 was a 48.25. So anyone on this site saying they just go out and run sub-50s, unless they are in the top 90% of track and field sprinters as listed in the post above, is absolutely lying because the 400m dash is the hardest race in track and field.

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:
…is absolutely lying because the 400m dash is the hardest race in track and field.[/quote]

That doesn’t mean that people can’t run sub 50s…

[quote]Saki X wrote:
what would you say was a good time?im going to do thibs energy system workout routine this sumemr which consists of 1-2 sessions a week of 400 metre sprints, i hope this will help rip the fat off me so I can get to 7-8% Bf. Im obviously not an athelte but if other people who are in fairly good shape could post their times (honestly) then it could be something to aim for.[/quote]

This is totally relative to how heavy you are and how fast you are. Just book it on the first or second rep (make sure you’re warmed up first) and try to beat that time or equal it with every rep.

Best time I ever ran was 59 seconds, LOL–but I was an emaciated long distance runner back then who never ran anything shorter than 300 meters in practice.

If you could rep sub-60-second 400s with 90-120 seconds rest between reps, I’d say you were a stud.

In a very non-Tom-Cruise kind of way.

17mph isn’t that fast - hell, I can spring 20.

…but I doubt I could do it for a quarter mile. :smiley: