T Nation

Toledo Gyms

…that don’t suck ass. I’m a power rack/GHR/reverse hyper kind of guy. Just graduated with a bachelors of engineering and I will be moving to the Toledo, Ohio area, I figured somebody on T-Nation can point me in the right direction.

Hey, im just down the road from Toledo in Findlay, im actually gonna be moving there next year for school, i lift with some pretty big guys, some of them go over to Westside sometimes, i have a guy ive talked to at my gym who is benching damn near 600 at a body weight of 181, so ill ask him if he knows any powerlifting gyms in Toledo.

–WS4

The best you will probably find are the Powerhouse on Central Ave. and the Powerhouse on Holland-Syl. Not sure where you will be located, but I have been to both, and between the two, I think you would like the Powerhouse on Central Ave. near Douglas, if you are familar with the area.

[quote]Andrew Decker wrote:
The best you will probably find are the Powerhouse on Central Ave. and the Powerhouse on Holland-Syl. Not sure where you will be located, but I have been to both, and between the two, I think you would like the Powerhouse on Central Ave. near Douglas, if you are familar with the area.[/quote]

Cool, yeah I’ll be near UT so I know that area.

Both PH’s have two power racks a peice, and the one on Holland Syl. for sure has a reverse hyper, don’t know about the one on Central. Both owners are pretty cool, the one on Central seems to be more “hardcore” then the one on Holland Syl.(As hardcore as a Powerhouse can get I guess.) I went to St. Francis deSales HS, it is less than a mile down Bancroft from UT, and they just built a new gym with 3 or 4 custom powerracks/ olympic lifting stations, I go over there sometimes.

[quote]WS4adumbastard wrote:
Hey, im just down the road from Toledo in Findlay, im actually gonna be moving there next year for school, i lift with some pretty big guys, some of them go over to Westside sometimes, i have a guy ive talked to at my gym who is benching damn near 600 at a body weight of 181, so ill ask him if he knows any powerlifting gyms in Toledo.

–WS4[/quote]

Any luck?

Bump