T Nation

Today's Strong Words

Did anyone else flash on the Seinfeld episode where Kramer is explaining marriage, I believe, to Jerry.

Kramer: You know what you do? You talk about your day. How was your day today? I don't know, how was your day!

OHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

"It's sad, Jerry. It's a sad state of affairs."
"I'm glad we had this talk."
"Oh, you have no idea."

Seinfeld is the best.

I don't like talking while I eat. It irritates me. Small talk also irritates me and only serves the purpose of making the person you are with feel better about existing. I like jokes and all of that, but basic, "how's the weather" bullshit gets on my nerves. I also don't want to discuss much when I am focused on getting down a pound of beef before my appetite gives out. There are of course exceptions to this, but genrally, if the goal is food intake, all else is extra unnecesary shit.

Are you a fast eater? After lifting and such I make myself a good meal and I don't want to say I wolf it down, but I am pretty much all business. I like the TV. I don't have to talk back to it.

My girlfriend gives me shit about not talking when I'm eating all the time. And I remember when I was my dad getting shit from my mom for not talking.

I'm actually not a fast eater. I have had to train myself to eat faster because I can get more food down. I just don't like extensive conversation when I am eating, mostly because, unlike most people, I am not just eating for pleasure.

I know I need to get more food down to grow so someone holding a conversation taken me away from that goal bothers me. Of course, if I was on a date or something, I would have a different mindset.

However, if it is lunch at work, I would rather be watching tv or something else so I don't have to give a lecture in between bites.