Today, I come to You a Broken Man...

That sucks. I’ve never had a pet or anyone I was close to pass away.

My Dane is now 7.5 yrs old, still doing great but she probably only has a few good years left. I will be a complete mess when she’s gone. Sorry to hear about yours.

Faithful friend, loyal companion,
we say farewell to you now.
You have kept us warm at night,
protected our home
and offered us unconditional love.
For this we are thankful,
and we will remember you forever.

1. In days gone by, the dog ran wild, untamed and free.
    Although man may have tamed your bodies,
    we have never tamed your spirit.
    You are free now.
    Go and run with your pack,
    with your wild ancestors, racing by the midnight moon.
    Go and hunt for your prey,
    taking what is your birthright.
    Join the wolf, the jackal, the wild dogs,
    and run with your kin on the wild hunt.
    Run, and guide your spirit home.

I cant understand, but I can imagine, and thats making me feel sorry enough.

You cant replace a friend, but you can be happy to have shared the bond.

RIP Pinky.

Sorry to hear that. I have lost a dog before and it is a terrible thing.

sorry man . dogs are the best friends you can ever have . this is my second dog i have now and losing one sucks big time.
as a side note just look at the replies in this thread compared to the type where the wife/gf pissed off.

[quote]lia67 wrote:
sorry man . dogs are the best friends you can ever have . this is my second dog i have now and losing one sucks big time.get a new puppy asap that really helped me.
as a side note just look at the replies in this thread compared to the type where the wife/gf pissed off.[/quote]

Condolences man.

I had to put my first and only dog down a few weeks ago and it was the most heartbreaking moment of my life, I’ve never cried so hard. The worst is for a fleeting moment everytime I open the door I expect her to be there, or when I run the ice dispenser I expect to hear her running. It’s a very lonely time, but I don’t feel the urge to cry all the time now so I suppose that’s progress.

Hope you have some other people around to help you through this time! Your picture was very touching, I’m so sorry for your loss.

All dogs go to heaven

[quote]JGerman wrote:
All dogs go to heaven[/quote]

Amen.

I am very sorry for your loss. I had two dogs in my life and after each passed on I cried like a little girl. It will take time but you’ll feel better. You’re doing the right think share your loss with others don’t keep it bottled up inside.

All the best to you,

Zeb

I’m sorry for your loss. My dog is my best friend. I cannot imagine life without him. My friend’s preacher has a saying that all dogs that are loved go to Heaven.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]JGerman wrote:
All dogs go to heaven[/quote]

Amen.[/quote]
That’s awesome man! x 9000

Aw man, Seize. That was unexpected when I opened this thread.
Hopefully there’s a doggy heaven with millions of acres to roam and millions of doggy butts to sniff.

RIP PINKY.

My deepest condolences.

[quote]DBCooper wrote:
That’s horrible man. I’m sorry to hear that. I had two pitbulls until they both died a couple years ago (one blue nose and one red nose). The red-nosed one died of old age and the blue-nosed one (who was still a couple years younger) died six months later from depression I guess. I’d had them both since the blue was 8 weeks old. They’re great dogs. If I get another one, that breed is the only one I’ll consider. [/quote]

Yeah, I feel you on that. I can’t see myself ow.ning any other breed. That’s not say that I don’t like other breeds but too me pitbulls are special.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
It’s like losing a family member. My cat had kittens and we had to put one down as it had some complications. When I saw it in the box lifeless, that day was very depressing. I remeber it like it was yesterday it being 5 years ago. I refuse to get animals for the fear of one day losing it.

Sorry to hear man.[/quote]

Yeah man, it’s tough. I can’t even think of getting another pet right now. Everyone’s telling I should get a new dog. I can’t even think of that right now. I mean eventually one day I’ll get another dog but in no way will he/she replace Pinky. It’s hard to replace the best dog ever :slight_smile:

[quote]Hyena wrote:
condolences man. We almost had to put our dog down about a year ago, because of some health issues. Luckily it got straightened out, and she’s still with us, but man, I was crying all day, just thinking about life without without my pooch. my eyes just welled up reading OP, sorry for your loss man.[/quote]

Glad to hear your dog is doing much better!

[quote]Solarisol wrote:
Condolences man.

I had to put my first and only dog down a few weeks ago and it was the most heartbreaking moment of my life, I’ve never cried so hard. The worst is for a fleeting moment everytime I open the door I expect her to be there, or when I run the ice dispenser I expect to hear her running. It’s a very lonely time, but I don’t feel the urge to cry all the time now so I suppose that’s progress.

Hope you have some other people around to help you through this time! Your picture was very touching, I’m so sorry for your loss.[/quote]

sighs Man, that’s exactly how I feel…I feel kinda lost and empty. I open my door thinking she’s going to be there lying right by my bed with her tongue hanging out just happy to see me…I don’t go out much often so my dog and I spent alot of our time at home together. It’s really tough for me to accept she’s gone.

Oh and to everyone else who has shared their words of kindness and support I thank you. Also, to those who have had recently suffereed a loss of a pet(s), my heart goes out to you as well. I know if you’re an animal lover especially a dog lover you’re probably like me and have more compassion for our furry four legged friends at times than you do for some humans.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I am very sorry for your loss. I had two dogs in my life and after each passed on I cried like a little girl. It will take time but you’ll feel better. You’re doing the right think share your loss with others don’t keep it bottled up inside.

All the best to you,

Zeb[/quote]

Yes, it does help to talk about it.

The thing that’s eating me up though is the thought that me having her put to sleep equates to me giving up on her. I know that isn’t the case but part of me thinks that…it just kills me inside because I know she’d never give up on me.

Wow man. I have 3 razors edge pits that I’ve raised from 6 weeks old. They are my best friends, and I get choked up just thinking about their one day being gone. When the time comes I’m certain I’ll lose my mind. And, while I like all dogs there’s no love like a pits. Those who’ve had them understand. My deepest condolences brother.

SEIZE -

My sympathy to you sir. nothing anyone can say will really matter. we survive or dogs. we see them as pups, as grown and amazing animals, and we see them get fragile with age.

my shepherd “Cyrus” has been with me since i was 23…i’ll be 36 in a few days, i’m not ready for him to go, just as i’m sure you were not. it’s never enough time.

know you were blessed by each other, remember all the amazing things. do many things to honor her memory and celebrate what she meant to you.

cheers -Aaron

Brought back some great and sad memories of my Pit; Arthur ‘Boo’ Radley. Had never owned one before, but my wife wanted a Pitbull for protection because I was gone so much. He made it 14 years, and was the most gentle, fun loving, sweet animal (yeah, I wrote it) I have ever had… His last few weeks were rough. Sleeping a lot, not as much energy, and his back legs giving out while meeting me at the door. It tore me up inside.

I left one morning for three weeks with my ruck and other kit packed by the front door, and he laid down in front of it. He HATED when people left, and refused to get up- blocking the doorway. I bent down and whispered to him to protect momma, and I’ll be home soon- just like he did for all the other times I deployed or went to the field. But I had a feeling this was it.

Two nights later he woke up my wife at 2 a.m. by flapping his ears. She let him outside to piss, and he took a few steps and fell over. She held his head in her lap, and he was breathing heavily looking up at her~ confused. She told him it’s OK, just let go. And that was it. Old Boo checked out.

They are more than just animals. They are more than just pets. And no, you don’t replace them.