T Nation

Toco-8 and hair growth

I’ve been reading a lot about the benefits of toco 8. It appears that hair growth is one of the benefits. Has anyone else researched this and possible had success with it? It appears to be a great product but its difficult to filter out the all the marketing bs.

I don’t see how eating 8 tacos will help with hair growth. It might be good for bulking though if you’re having trouble getting the kcals in.

[quote]Xab wrote:
I don’t see how eating 8 tacos will help with hair growth. It might be good for bulking though if you’re having trouble getting the kcals in. [/quote]

Jokes are supposed to be funny. :slight_smile:

OP, I just did a google search for Toco-8 and found a Vitamin E complex pill, if that is what you are referring to.Also, what I read did not mean ‘hair growth’ but more-so ‘reduction in the rate of hair loss’.

My guess is that a vitamin E deficiency causes hair loss, so they could cite that and claim that their product slows hair loss.

Overall, I am not sure of the science. The marketing and wording behind the supplement lead me to believe that it is a single strand of truth stretched pretty thin.

Ok…should have seen have seen that coming.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

[quote]Xab wrote:
I don’t see how eating 8 tacos will help with hair growth. It might be good for bulking though if you’re having trouble getting the kcals in. [/quote]

Jokes are supposed to be funny. :slight_smile:

OP, I just did a google search for Toco-8 and found a Vitamin E complex pill, if that is what you are referring to.Also, what I read did not mean ‘hair growth’ but more-so ‘reduction in the rate of hair loss’.

My guess is that a vitamin E deficiency causes hair loss, so they could cite that and claim that their product slows hair loss.

Overall, I am not sure of the science. The marketing and wording behind the supplement lead me to believe that it is a single strand of truth stretched pretty thin.
[/quote]

I got the same feeling from it as well. The only reason I ask is I saw it on Mike Mahlers website and he seems to be a pretty reliable source of information.

[quote]sundevil65 wrote:
I’ve been reading a lot about the benefits of toco 8. It appears that hair growth is one of the benefits. Has anyone else researched this and possible had success with it? It appears to be a great product but its difficult to filter out the all the marketing bs. [/quote]

If you are looking for a way to reduce hair loss or thicken an already thinning head of hair why not try a nutritional combination that has had proven results for many people over many years.

I recently experienced severe thinning of hair over a 2 week period due to stress and regrew hair within about 6 weeks using this combination. The hair filled in completely and continues to grow at the standard average rate of about a half inch per month. The main nutrient combination that I used was the NOW brand of Biotin 5000 mcg 2 tabs twice a day along with the FLORA brand FLORASIL (vegetal silica)4.6 mg also 2 tabs twice a day and lastly the TROPHIC brand of chelated zinc 15 mg again 2 tabs twice a day.

Within 1 month of starting this protocol I had a new crop of fuzz that completely filled in all the thin areas and the hair came in with my natural hair color despite the fact that much of the lost hair had been grey.

Google hair and biotin or hair and vegital silica for more info.

Regards.

[quote]Ell10tt wrote:

[quote]sundevil65 wrote:
I’ve been reading a lot about the benefits of toco 8. It appears that hair growth is one of the benefits. Has anyone else researched this and possible had success with it? It appears to be a great product but its difficult to filter out the all the marketing bs. [/quote]

If you are looking for a way to reduce hair loss or thicken an already thinning head of hair why not try a nutritional combination that has had proven results for many people over many years.

I recently experienced severe thinning of hair over a 2 week period due to stress and regrew hair within about 6 weeks using this combination. The hair filled in completely and continues to grow at the standard average rate of about a half inch per month. The main nutrient combination that I used was the NOW brand of Biotin 5000 mcg 2 tabs twice a day along with the FLORA brand FLORASIL (vegetal silica)4.6 mg also 2 tabs twice a day and lastly the TROPHIC brand of chelated zinc 15 mg again 2 tabs twice a day.

Within 1 month of starting this protocol I had a new crop of fuzz that completely filled in all the thin areas and the hair came in with my natural hair color despite the fact that much of the lost hair had been grey.

Google hair and biotin or hair and vegital silica for more info.

Regards.

I’ve never heard of that combination. Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]