Tobacco While Cutting Carbs?

[quote]Therizza wrote:
i read about it on the interwebs[/quote]

Oh! Why didn’t you say so!

[quote]Vicomte wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Therizza wrote:
i have dipped for 4 years for the guy who asked. i hear its harder to quit than heroine

You got that right. I quit 20 years ago and still want one.

How many of you have actually used and been addicted to heroin?[/quote]

Heroin? I could quit anytime I want.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Vicomte wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Therizza wrote:
i have dipped for 4 years for the guy who asked. i hear its harder to quit than heroine

You got that right. I quit 20 years ago and still want one.

How many of you have actually used and been addicted to heroin?

Heroin? I could quit anytime I want.[/quote]

I’ve been clean since tomorrow.

Nicotine is more addictive than crack cocaine and heroin.

http://www.infoimagination.org/ps/drug_war/heroin/index.html

While heroin addiction presents a tragic and terrible problem for our country, we must put this problem in perspective. We now know that the most difficult drug addiction to beat comes from tobacco. Fred Murray, Alamogordo,states that if one asks any doctor who deals with addictions they will confirm that tobacco addiction is harder to break than the addiction from cocaine, crack or heroin.

While heroin addiction presents a tragic and terrible problem for our country, we must put this problem in perspective. We now know that the most difficult drug addiction to beat comes from tobacco. Fred Murray, Alamogordo,states that if one asks any doctor who deals with addictions they will confirm that tobacco addiction is harder to break than the addiction from cocaine, crack or heroin.[/quote]

that being said I’m looking forward to quiting heroin.

[quote]Vicomte wrote:

I’ve been clean since tomorrow.[/quote]

hahahaha

While heroin addiction presents a tragic and terrible problem for our country, we must put this problem in perspective. We now know that the most difficult drug addiction to beat comes from tobacco. Fred Murray, Alamogordo,states that if one asks any doctor who deals with addictions they will confirm that tobacco addiction is harder to break than the addiction from cocaine, crack or heroin.[/quote]

All the studies I’ve read that state nicotine is more addictive than heroin are based on the statistic that a higher percentage of nicotine users are addicted compared to heroin users, which doesn’t mean shit, as nicotine is legal, easier to obtain, and socially acceptable to be addicted to, which means nicotine users are much more likely to use more often than heroin users.

Also, the doctors say nicotine addiction is harder to break. I wonder how the junkies feel.

In my experience at work, most narcotic addicts also have a nicotine addiction, but I guess you have to choose the lesser of 2 evils.
We have patients with prescription narcotic issues that will come in to the ER wish list of Dilaudid, Demerol, Percocet, etc.

You get them “feeling better” just so they can go outside and smoke.
When I quit using Copenhagen I used the patch for a couple weeks, substituted gum for the oral fixation. I used to get these headaches in the back of my head but they went away.