Toast to Steroids

Check these out, you may have seen them before but I found them on youtube.

Part one

Part two

The first publicly reasonable look at things. Good find.

[quote]Monkey23 wrote:
Check these out, you may have seen them before but I found them on youtube.

Part one

Part two

[/quote]

Very interesting.

Watch this shit:

reminds me of reefer madness

You know, I am shocked everytime I see investigate, unbiased reporting in todays media. I am so used to the media presenting data mined, biased reporting.

Good to see some actual investigations being reported.

One thing that needs to be said, cause it’s too funny and I can’t take it anymore- did you notice anything funny about the eyes on the old man and the guy who said he been using for 23 years? That’s the tell tale giveaway when someone is on.

A guy posted a while back about his friends eyes “changing” when he began steroids. You can see it clearly in this video. The eyes become glaring, all iris, with pinholes for pupils. It makes a person just look agressive. I see the same shit with guys I know when they are on.

[quote]RoidEnthusiast wrote:
One thing that needs to be said, cause it’s too funny and I can’t take it anymore- did you notice anything funny about the eyes on the old man and the guy who said he been using for 23 years? That’s the tell tale giveaway when someone is on.

A guy posted a while back about his friends eyes “changing” when he began steroids. You can see it clearly in this video. The eyes become glaring, all iris, with pinholes for pupils. It makes a person just look aggressive. I see the same shit with guys I know when they are on. [/quote]

Maybe the eyes are responding to video lighting equipment too.

[quote]jedidiah wrote:

Watch this shit:

reminds me of reefer madness[/quote]

That story was from Kansas City, broadcast 11/14/2006. When I first viewed it, I thought that it was old-news… not so.

so what is new, this has been the case for over 2 decades now. i was under the impression that the rates of use were slightly down in D1 and high school.

hey steroids are in the news, i wonder if we can scare up some ratings by warning about the dangers.

Well I thought the videos where awosome, its the people who abuse the roids and thats when the cameras jump into the story and say, wow this stuff is bad.

Lots of lies in the media about steroids.

Thanks,
Advanced-Stealth

Look at the eyes of those people featured in those reports…they look crazed; something just isn’t right. I used to be a personal trainer and one of my co-workers began, “intelligently using”.

He became a different person. He ranted and raved about the positive effects of being smart with steroid use. And, true, he had no health problems, and he was infact in great health/shape. But he was all of the sudden an ass. You had to watch what you’d say around him because he’d lose it if he wasn’t in the mood to joke around.

If the stuff makes you a prick or just a mean person, that’s enough for me to say it ain’t worth it.
And by the way, he had a 7yr old son. I asked him if he’d be ok with his son using when he grows up and becomes a man. He said absolutely not and nearly knocked my head off.

I learned alot from those thanks. What im taking away from this is Dont take till your fully grown, make sure to eat healthy to keep your colesteral in check, and be smart about it.

Thanks for posting this.

[quote]John S. wrote:
I learned alot from those thanks. What im taking away from this is Dont take till your fully grown, make sure to eat healthy to keep your colesteral in check, and be smart about it.

Thanks for posting this.[/quote]

About the cholesterol: One major issue with this for body builders is the effect of aromatase inhibitors (AI) to lower estrogen. When E is too low, cholesterol gets messed up and impaired endothelial function of the arterial walls allows more cholesterol to penetrate the arterial walls. So that is two compounded effects that can lead to cardiovascular disease.

AIs can be used to lower E to levels that are still safe. But getting % body fat below 10% can require E levels that create health risks. One can safely lower E to moderate levels when gear, health conditions or age lead to E levels that create negative effects on body composition or libido.

Note that both high and very low E levels can create libido problems.

I think the woman who recently killed herself due to a radio show contest to win a WII (wee for a wii) by DRINKING TOO MUCH WATER only reinforces this argument in an indirect way:

If a person is stupid enough, they’ll find a way to fuck up anything. Even water.

Yer still not listening to me about the eyes, lol. To the guy who posted above and said “they just ain’t right”, they may look crazed, but that doesn’t neccisarily reflect mental state. Whether users want to deny it or not, you can clearly see in this video what I- and anyone else probably whos been paying attention to their friends while on- have known for a long time: steroids can give you the roid eyes.

Hard looking glaring eyes with pinholes for pupils. Might look intimidating, but it doesnt mean the person isn’t calm or sane.

…GREAT VIDEO!

This is the first time I’ve seen a non-hysterical unbiased point of view on anabolic steroids instead of the typical media rhetoric and moral panic.

Actually, what RoidEnthusiast describes is only Stage 1.

When using enough anabolic steroids, the eyes then change shape and color to be like those of a big cat, e.g. mountain lion. Women like it.

So, just take more to avoid the effect warned about above.

Too much though and you also grow a tail.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Actually, what RoidEnthusiast describes is only Stage 1.

When using enough anabolic steroids, the eyes then change shape and color to be like those of a big cat, e.g. mountain lion. Women like it.

So, just take more to avoid the effect warned about above.

Too much though and you also grow a tail.[/quote]

LOL

typical surface-of-the-story bullshit … how can you be hbo, do a story on steroids, and not cover professional bodybuilding, and college / nfl locker-rooms all over.

I appreciate the positive, and more balanced approach, but this show always leaves me wanting way more beef in these stories …

was a follow up to the topic on future episodes?

[quote]el magico wrote:
typical surface-of-the-story bullshit … how can you be hbo, do a story on steroids, and not cover professional bodybuilding, and college / nfl locker-rooms all over.

I appreciate the positive, and more balanced approach, but this show always leaves me wanting way more beef in these stories …

was a follow up to the topic on future episodes?[/quote]

If you listen, they say that the scope of the story was focused on “healthy adult males”.

The idea of the story was not to do an expose on AAS and athletes.

In fact - they are questioning why it is considered unhealthy for the population when there are no published studies linking AAS to any deaths at all.

They further question the reasoning behind making AAS a Schedule III controlled substance, when the DEA, and the AMA were absolutely opposed to such a move.

Exactly what would you want them to say about AAS and BBing, or NFL, or collegiate sports? Is it even more unhealthy for those people to take AAS?

I think the story did exactly enough: It told the truth.

I would be willing to bet cash money that for every NFL player that is juicing, there are 75-100 regular guys just like me that will also be taking AAS. Why do I need to hear even more bullshit about AAS and pro sport?