To the Conservatives

Brother Elk,

I’ve never been called a “collaborater” before. Leader yes, sycophant, no.

I respectfully disagree with your characterization.

Strange how you (who were against this war and the removal of Saddam) would try to impugne me (who knew that Saddam had to go) with the strange charge that I would have been some sort of “rat” in the Saddam regime.

I think I can come up with a more accurate description of you: A partisan hack who uses his military service to try and squelch dissenting opinion.

Further, Brother Elk, you don’t possess the stones to come on over to THE CHALLENGE and place your name in the betting pool.

Come on, Kerry is wonderful!!! What a consistent leader!!! One position on Iraq!!! Like the rest of us, he get’s a $15 dollar haircut!!! Votes for the Sportsmen!!

JeffR

Zep,

Thanks for giving us your voting history.

That was very interesting.

With the exception of Dole, you’ve voted straight looney. That’s why you will vote for Kerry this year. No question.

Come on over to THE CHALLENGE and get involved. Do you have the stones?

JeffR

Ah, Jeffy, I’m not interested in your challenge, but thanks for the laugh you provided me this afternoon. It was appreciated!

biltritewave: Why should I call up the CRS when I can look at the actual document I’m speaking of? Maybe you’d rather have someone else tell you what’s in the Patriot Act however, I’d like to go through and actually read some of it.

JeffR: Man it just kills you that someone might have an independent thought outside the 2 corporate parties…lol

Like I said, your challenge is like your mindset - childish!

Now go put on your Toby Kieth record, continue your mindless flag-waving and please don’t stop being brainwashed by the corporate media. The politicians couldn’t do it w/o sheeple like you - be proud!

Zep:

I think if Ross Perot would have stayed in the race (he dropped out then got back in) in 1992 he would have been elected.

There is indeed hope for a third party candidate if he/she is the right person and has the proper backing $.

Because I am going to take the opinion of a non partisan expert in their field over your opinionated dumb ass reading of it any day.

Zep,

“Their is no good reason for the Electoral College to stay in place but there are plenty of reasons to abolish it.”

There are good reasons for it, and they have been previously discussed. Perhaps since this is going to be such a close election, a brand new thread on it might be in order. It may very well come down to a distinction between who gets the electoral vote and who gets the popular vote.

So Jeff, I guess I should stop pulling for my Titans and make a choice between New England or Philadelphia this year, eh?

Supporting a 2-5 team would just be “looney.”

~Terumo

biltritewave: You don’t have to believe my “dumbass reading” of it. Read it yourself!

thunderbolt23: Agreed. Your idea of starting another thread concerning the Electoral Collge is the way to go. I’d love to start it but I don’t have the time to get into it today. I’m getting ready to move and probably won’t get a chance to be on the internet for a week or two. Peace out!

[quote]Zeppelin795 wrote:
biltritewave: You don’t have to believe my “dumbass reading” of it. Read it yourself![/quote]

I have read the parts in question. The point is that this is a legal document. I am not a lawyer, and as far as I know, neither of you. To assume that you can read it and understand Law in the same manner as an expert not only in law, but also in whatever given issue area it is, and do so better than someone from CRS whose job it is to brief Congressman and Senators every day on this issue is a little egotisitical I think.