To Shave or Not to Shave...

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
How about some progress pics? [/quote]

OK…Damn it looks worse than it really is…or am I in denial???

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Alright …Male Pattern Baldness…mild but getting very thin in the upper Horseshoe with the front patch fuller than the horseshoe.

F-k… I know the time is near. When did any of you decide to go shaved head, any what made you say it’s time???

Questions:
1 How did your woman/wife react or like it?
2 How long did it take to get used to it.
[/quote]

UPDATE: Anyone say…cueball??? Shit I look like crap!!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
How about some progress pics?

OK…Damn it looks worse than it really is…or am I in denial???[/quote]

Please shave it off before you begin to look like “comb-over” guy.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
michael2507 wrote:
How about some progress pics?

OK…Damn it looks worse than it really is…or am I in denial???

Please shave it off before you begin to look like “comb-over” guy.

[/quote]

God …that’s sooo bad. Each time I look it looks worse.!

I never comb over…at least as far as I know.

Definitely not THAT bad. Nevertheless, I would trim it as you said above and proceed from there… or rather ask your wife to do it. Getting her involved will probably will make her look upon it more favourably. Don’t forget the after pics.

41 and a full head of hair, with no plans to EVER shave it (got some scars on my scalp that would look pretty ugly). And besides, I just decided to grow it out for Locks of Love.

I posted once earlier, and I can vouch for these facts: chicks dig it(my wife LOVES it and other girls seem to feel the need to stroke my head. The one on top that is.), if you have decent size, you will look intimidating(more people just move out of my way in public places with no initial eye contact), and you will thank yourself after you do it. Once you get the hair concern out of your life, you will be much more confident in your day period. I don’t want to sound like an ass, but it has been all postitve for me.

I kwo that this thread is dead but this was just hilarious to resist reviving it :
http://www.shaveeverywhere.com/

lol, nice find!

I concur with the majority of the “shave it” crowd. I started to lose my hair around 24 and it was pretty devestating. Especially for a a guy that was sporting Bon Jovi hair through high school and much of college. That said, I am now 37 and have sported an 1/8" buzz for about the last eight years. About a month ago, I got a wild hair (sorry) and shaved the melon. What the other guys say is true- intially, your head will look very pale, but the chicks will really dig it. I have had several attractive women tell me that they think bald is sexy. Odds are pretty good that they do not have similar opinions of comb-overs. Fortunately, I am 6’6"/270, have a decent shape to my head and carry a fair amount of muscle, so that helps.

I suggest you shave it short and go to the blade after you get comfortable with the new look. It can be pretty shocking at first, so a few months with a buzz may help the wife adjust to the “new you”. Besides, you can always grow a comb-over if you do not like the shaved look.

Best-

BVL

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
If you have a good-shaped head …[/quote]

how the f*ck would you know?

and

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
OK…Damn it looks worse than it really is…or am I in denial???[/quote]

damn this thread is old … you just wear a hat all of the time, don’t you?

in all seriousness:

for the sake of not scaring the crap out of your children and their friends, just go for the bruce willis / jason statham look.

also it is lower maintenance … you could probably get away with a trim every couple of weeks. plus, no razors.

lastly, it would look better on you anyway … believe me, i KNOW what makes a man into a hot piece of man meat.

[quote]JOG wrote:
in all seriousness:

… believe me, i KNOW what makes a man into a hot piece of man meat.[/quote]

Eewww. We didn’t need to know that.

I had me a hot piece of ManMeat the other night…it tasted like kangaroo. I’m going back for seconds.

[quote]JOG wrote:
in all seriousness:

for the sake of not scaring the crap out of your children and their friends, just go for the bruce willis / jason statham look.

also it is lower maintenance … you could probably get away with a trim every couple of weeks. plus, no razors.

lastly, it would look better on you anyway … believe me, i KNOW what makes a man into a hot piece of man meat.[/quote]

Thanks Jog, you big stud muffin. I’ll post some hairline progress pics soon and that may turn you on enough to send you into a long Jog and a cold shower. I am going with a 1/8-1/4 inch buzz for now!

[quote]JOG wrote:
Nate Dogg wrote:
If you have a good-shaped head …

and

… most women love it!

how the f*ck would you know?[/quote]

Because I’m Nate Dogg, and I know.

lol, i thought this thread was about shaving your balls…lol…my mistake.

I cut my hair down to about 1/8th about a year ago and my only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Zero maintenance and your “hair” looks the same all of the damn time.

I refused to be the bad comb over guy and the thought of getting plugs and/or have to use minoxidil for the rest of my life was the tipping point.

Now I go to the barber every two weeks and get the buzz with a 1.5 blade and $12 later I look fucking awesome. A shorter, less good looking, no hot model hanging on my arm, no talent version of Jason Statham but other than that just the same.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
JOG wrote:
in all seriousness:

lastly, it would look better on you anyway … believe me, i KNOW what makes a man into a hot piece of man meat.

Thanks Jog, you big stud muffin. I’ll post some hairline progress pics soon and that may turn you on enough to send you into a long Jog and a cold shower. I am going with a 1/8-1/4 inch buzz for now!

[/quote]

Rockscar,

Great avatar!

I go zero on the sides, 1/8 on top. Great not to have to fuck with all the hair. Thinking about going the whole way this summer – don’t want to shock my students, at least not too much anyway.