To Professor X

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]bwhitwell wrote:
I can relate with you when you said that you have taylored your training for longevity. I have pretty much have stuck with Dbs for joint health and since I like to train pretty much like you did in your 2nd shoulder workout most of the time, the DBs are not so heavy that I can’t get them into position.[/quote]

Agreed…which is why much of this is new to me. I know to get big and strong and have settled into the exercises that allow me to do that with the least risk and the least setbacks.

I know for a fact that if I go back to dumbbell lateral raises (especially going as heavy as I was), that it will increase my recovery time for biceps. Last time I did that I ended up putting biceps on the back burner for a year before I found that machine. I couldn’t even train biceps weekly when doing that.

However, I am sure some people will just assume I got to this size using light weights since that is what they want to see.[/quote]
Don’t get caught up in the “game”. That is one of the reasons I train at home.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
I remember my first 225lb military press[/quote]

That’s real nice.

Did you have more of a point or was that it?[/quote]

No, I was just saying I’ve been where you are.

I just want to say that these livespill vids with CT and pro x, is some of the most exciting stuff that
have happened on this site in a while. Looking forward to the rest of them, assuming there are going to be more.

That’s real nice.

Did you have more of a point or was that it?[/quote]

No, I was just saying I’ve been where you are.[/quote]

Like I said…this is cute.

[quote]bwhitwell wrote:

[quote]bwhitwell wrote:
I can relate with you when you said that you have taylored your training for longevity. I have pretty much have stuck with Dbs for joint health and since I like to train pretty much like you did in your 2nd shoulder workout most of the time, the DBs are not so heavy that I can’t get them into position.[/quote]

Agreed…which is why much of this is new to me. I know to get big and strong and have settled into the exercises that allow me to do that with the least risk and the least setbacks.

I know for a fact that if I go back to dumbbell lateral raises (especially going as heavy as I was), that it will increase my recovery time for biceps. Last time I did that I ended up putting biceps on the back burner for a year before I found that machine. I couldn’t even train biceps weekly when doing that.

However, I am sure some people will just assume I got to this size using light weights since that is what they want to see.[/quote]
Don’t get caught up in the “game”. That is one of the reasons I train at home. [/quote]

I tend to call it “hating” more than the game. We did nonstop sessions today with very little rest…so the weight was dropped.

I am guessing that is what Austin is hinting at poorly.

But then, that same stuff is why I’m here.

Hey, Austin, let’s discuss the weights used in the live spill.

Why not, huh?

[quote]gregron wrote:

who cares if people think that you got to your size by using light weights… who cares if you DID get to your size by using light weights?

If you’re in it for BB reasons then its size, shape and symmetry that matter… not how much weight you lift right?
[/quote]

Yah you are exactly right. Which is why watching X in these videos is pretty eye opening.

This is someone who has been lifting for 20 years and believes he is hot shit yet has a very imbalanced physique, I don’t get what all the hype is about at this point.

For him to claim he has a bigger/more developed back than Ronnie Rockel and than CT say at the end of their back training video that Prof X’s back should be much bigger and wider was hilarious to me. Yet for some reason he takes so much pride in not taking pictures of his physique to asses these weak points. Medial and rear delt are completely overshadowed by his front delt, no triceps and no lats…after 20 years of training. Take pictures of your physique, kids.

No understanding of following coaching cues, how to position your torso to target a specific muscle and apparently no awareness of performing an exercise without momentum as the prime mover or holding a peak contraction etc etc. I feel like all of this stuff should be extremely obvious to such an experienced trainee.

I learned a lot from the videos and they were a good watch but I hope X watches these and becomes a little more humble on these forums because he’s not nearly as far along in this as he thinks he is.

Yah, I’m a dick. Sue me.

[quote]gregron wrote:

who cares if people think that you got to your size by using light weights… who cares if you DID get to your size by using light weights?

If you’re in it for BB reasons then its size, shape and symmetry that matter… not how much weight you lift right?

just my thinking on the whole situation [/quote]

You’re right.

I dont remember my first one.

See I can be a dick too.

If I could have my dream physique and only had to bench 225 and squat 315 to get there I would be totally fine with that lol

just my .2cents

lol at anyone making fun of the wieghts he used
The training they are doing is totally different from most other peoples
plus anyone would be weaker on free weight stuff if they switched to machines for a long time
there is no point in even pointing the weights/form he used out

X comes off as a very quiet and nice individual in the videos, I guess he really comes “alive” on the forums.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
X comes off as a very quiet and nice individual in the videos, I guess he really comes “alive” on the forums.[/quote]

I thought the same thing, haha. He appeared to be a likable guy in the videos.

@all those moaning

If you don’t do free bar exercises for several years you will lose the ability to coordinate all those muscles in order to balance the weight. I’ve seen this shit before, given even a few weeks the weight used will increase significantly, this should be common sense and I thought that would be obvious?

*Edited because apparently I’ve become illiterate

[quote]NIguy wrote:
@all those moaning

If don’t do use a free bar exercise for several years you will lose the ability to coordinate all those muscles in order to balance the weight. I’ve seen this shit before, given even a few weeks the weight used will increase significantly, this should be common sense and I thought that would be obvious?

[/quote]

Too busy hating to see the obvious.

[quote]NIguy wrote:
@all those moaning

If don’t do use a free bar exercise for several years you will lose the ability to coordinate all those muscles in order to balance the weight. I’ve seen this shit before, given even a few weeks the weight used will increase significantly, this should be common sense and I thought that would be obvious?

[/quote]

obvious indeed, but remember that this is T-Nation, if there is something to
bitch about, you bet its going to be bitching.

[quote]NIguy wrote:
@all those moaning

[/quote]

I had to read those first several words probably 8 times to get your point, but good point lol.

I’ll just second whoever mentioned something about CT’s style of training. The weights we used in CO were nothing near as heavy as I would normally go, but it was harder than anything I’ve ever done. And, that was probably the most sore I’ve ever felt when we left. Hip-Scar said something like “I think the only part on my body that isn’t sore is my forehead” lol.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
What is this drivel?

195x2 is fucking strong!!!

crickets[/quote]

This again man? I thought we were done with the blind X hate. For someone your size your need to GROW UP

Unracking the bar in front of you for the first time and then trying to kick the bench backwards with the barbell extended over your head is obviously not and optimal setup for overhead pressing LOL. In hindsight i’m sure CT and PX would have done that differently.

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:
Damn, very nice of you to do C_C!

What is this drivel?

195x2 is fucking strong!!!

crickets[/quote]

Wasn’t it around 225 X 2? I was shocked, as he said in the spill something like: “I’m embarrassed because I had to use such light weight today”. Lol. I wish I could say that was light weight.[/quote]

195 and 225 should be equally easy for someone that size lol. These videos are kind of weird though, out of all the guys/girls X looks like the least experienced lifter and seemingly has no idea how to perform an exercise or address his weak points after training for so long which amazes me. It’s very odd considering how egocentric he is on these forums. Plus I, Waylander, am a bitch.

Either way, I’ll keep my opinion on it to myself bc this is def an informative gem by CC and I don’t want to be labeled the “hater trolling racist” for posting this, haha.

Too late tho! ;P[/quote]

Seriously? This is why I left your stupid circlejerk facebook group. I don’t see YOU on video, let alone training with CT. I don’t even want to being pointing out the logical fallacies in your post. Child.