T Nation

To Prof. X and Edgy

^ Could barely pull 315

^ Pulled 330 for 5

Have a couple of pics if you’d like also.

Album release has been delayed due to our artist falling off the face of the Earth. We’re currently looking for a replacement.

Track in the first video is off the album, track 8.

Track in the second video is a rough demo of some new material we are working on.

I’ve been eating more and drinking more milk, when I say eating more I mean primarily burgers and grilled chicken. I’m also using a multivitamin, protein, fish oil, greens formula, and extra vitamin D.

I bumped training down to 3 days a week and the extra recovery definitely helped, this past month I went up to 4 days and felt good for half the month then started getting really beat up again.

All the best! Be well.

haha I didn’t know Serj Tankian posted on T-Nation.

What’s up Serj!?

Keep going.

That looks like a lot of stress on the lower back… doesn’t seem to be much power coming from the hips. Almost hurts my back just watching.

[quote]NAUn wrote:
That looks like a lot of stress on the lower back… doesn’t seem to be much power coming from the hips. Almost hurts my back just watching.[/quote]

Stop having a weak back?

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

[quote]NAUn wrote:
That looks like a lot of stress on the lower back… doesn’t seem to be much power coming from the hips. Almost hurts my back just watching.[/quote]

Stop having a weak back?[/quote]

Stop having weak hips.

^ Could barely pull 315

^ Pulled 330 for 5

Have a couple of pics if you’d like also.

Album release has been delayed due to our artist falling off the face of the Earth. We’re currently looking for a replacement.

Track in the first video is off the album, track 8.

Track in the second video is a rough demo of some new material we are working on.

I’ve been eating more and drinking more milk, when I say eating more I mean primarily burgers and grilled chicken. I’m also using a multivitamin, protein, fish oil, greens formula, and extra vitamin D.

I bumped training down to 3 days a week and the extra recovery definitely helped, this past month I went up to 4 days and felt good for half the month then started getting really beat up again.

All the best! Be well.[/quote]

Seeking approval of people from internet forum…

[quote]NAUn wrote:

[quote]NAUn wrote:

Stop having weak hips.[/quote]

Well, I hear he’s more of a catcher… so obviously having a back that can take a little torque is more valuable than having hips that go boom.

Oops, I mean, I “hear”. From, you know, a friend.

[quote]NAUn wrote:

[quote]NAUn wrote:

Foam roll.

After the first rep in the top video your rounds like hell.

[quote]NAUn wrote:

[quote]NAUn wrote:

with a few form tweaks, you could be pulling a lot more. don’t disparage good advice - you are not Bob Peoples

Back looks fine. Anyone thinking THAT is ugly probably has a sissy deadlift.

Where was the advice?

My advice to NAUn (best I could give considering no pics or clips of his/herself) was to strengthen his back, since he mentioned his back almost getting hurt by just watching my video. Strong back is a cornerstone of strength in my book. Or in my thread, I suppose.

Just read through the thread again, didn’t see any form tweaks, unless your talking about Marzouk, who is talking about my old video for some reason.

Doesn’t make any sense.

I’m training next on Monday. Squats, stiff legged deadlifts, leg press, leg curls, calf raises, weighted decline sit ups, weighted hyper extensions. Will do some wrist curls at the end, since my upper arms are really dwarfing my forearms now. Not a bad problem to have, just makes me train forearms a few times a week instead of just once.

I like working lower body on Monday. Everyone else is too busy waiting for a bench to be open =D

It seems that what they are trying to say is that you need to stabilize your torso and keep your spine somewhat static by dropping your hips lower and recruiting more glutes when you execute the lift, rather than using your spine as a prime mover. Sit back into the bottom, push through your heels, and pop your hips forward instead of yanking the weight up with your back then pushing your hips underneath it, resulting in spinal hyper extension rather than flexion.

This works for some people, but I’ve lifted with a guy that pulls in the high fives and sixes with form very similar to yours. Different strokes for different folks when it comes to limb lengths and muscle recruitment.

On a unrelated note, as I wasn’t clear, it’s your band that’s the music playing?

Sweet muffin top.

Where was the advice?

My advice to NAUn (best I could give considering no pics or clips of his/herself) was to strengthen his back, since he mentioned his back almost getting hurt by just watching my video. Strong back is a cornerstone of strength in my book. Or in my thread, I suppose.

Just read through the thread again, didn’t see any form tweaks, unless your talking about Marzouk, who is talking about my old video for some reason.

Doesn’t make any sense.

I’m training next on Monday. Squats, stiff legged deadlifts, leg press, leg curls, calf raises, weighted decline sit ups, weighted hyper extensions. Will do some wrist curls at the end, since my upper arms are really dwarfing my forearms now. Not a bad problem to have, just makes me train forearms a few times a week instead of just once.

I like working lower body on Monday. Everyone else is too busy waiting for a bench to be open =D[/quote]

Shit sorry dude, for some reason my eyes didnt see the second video.

Where was the advice?

Doesn’t make any sense.
[/quote]

My bad man I realize those comments put you on the defensive a bit.

It’s really not that bad, I’m just trying to say I think you’d be a lot more powerful if you focused on getting your hips into it more. I find the cues to spread the floor and drive through your heels to really help with getting hip drive.

[quote]gonepostal wrote:
Sweet muffin top.[/quote]

Sweet lack of pictures in your hub.

awesome song bro

you should make a song called “do I give a shit? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO”