To People That Have Had Success

I was hoping that someone that has had a lot of success with body building would post a sample workout plan for when they first started. I am aware that each person will develop in different ways, but it would be nice just to take a look at.

Thanks!

[quote]bigdude wrote:
I was hoping that someone that has had a lot of success with body building would post a sample workout plan for when they first started. I am aware that each person will develop in different ways, but it would be nice just to take a look at.

Thanks![/quote]

Bench
Overhead Presses
Squats
Deads
Pull Ups
Curls
Dips

Not necessarily in that order and different variations of each. At 160lbs you should eat a lot.

Good luck!

[quote]bigdude wrote:

Thanks![/quote]

ABBH 1

Man, I didnt know a dam thing when I started. I was doing curls in my basement, and standing overhead military press, bench press on the floor, until I got a bench 1-2 years later.

banged the ceiling fan with my weights and knocked it loose. My mother never let me live that down until I repaired it years later.

I had an absolute shit routine that consisted of benching, db benching, OH presses, and a bunch of machine crap (leg press, lat pulldowns, machine curling, hack press, that sort of thing). And I did pretty well on it all things considered. Honestly if you’re a beginner as long as you get enough calories and enough protein, and you work consistently, you’ll make gains.

Everyone I’ve talked to who is a beginner and isn’t making gains either isn’t going to the gym consistently or isn’t eating enough.

[quote]MaloVerde wrote:
bigdude wrote:

Thanks!

Bench
Overhead Presses
Squats
Deads
Pull Ups
Curls
Dips

Not necessarily in that order and different variations of each. At 160lbs you should eat a lot.

Good luck! [/quote]

I would add a row in there somewhere and call it good.

At this point you need to focus on the big lifts mentioned above. Be consistent, use good form, eat well, and get plenty of rest.

Build your base before you sweat the details.

Thanks everyone. All sounds like good advice.