To look like a Demigod (Aldebaran)

Sounds like a really cool drill. So the intention is more isolated work and keeping the bar close? I’ve never seen or done those. I’ll try them out next time I get to lift inside (and manage to remember).

Yeah you have to do the lift “right”. Also extra traps work (like DB cleans seated on a bench if you ever tried). A few hours after the session, my delts (especially lateral) were already sore, as well as my glutes (especially medius and minimus). Today my whole traps are so soooore

1 Like

Great fucking book

You look like possessed in these snatches. Great work, man.

1 Like

Trying to engrain the habit of jumping up doing it the way I would most likely mess up: when going all out/super fast.

06/01 - Snatch work

Like one hour of OVH squat work. We did Anderson OVH squats (yeah right…) and I went up to 100 kgs which is like a double PR because I don’t think I had ever OVH more than 70 kgs in my life and Anderson are way worse lol

Mate in the bottom left corner had just dislocated his shoulder with 70 kgs five minutes before this. Good thing teacher is a chiro and instantly put it back in.

Also did some eccentric work there. Very long stuff. honestly didn’t feel very safe especialy for some of them who aren’t that advanced (like what happened lol). we can see on the vids that my legs are so greaking lol (and my ass is big ahahah)

Then I did some full snatches for 30 mins. Did a 10 kgs PR by snatching 80 kgs. Feels I could do 90 soon. This is the second time I do o-lifts PRs after heavy/intense and long work beforehand. maybe it’s a coincidence, or that fatigue forces me to use full technique. But trying to have a slower first pull and I think it pays a lot. Also have waaaay more confidence with o-lifts (and in general) and I really think it helps me.

I’m like so bent forward this is ridiculous

14 hours day, was on the verge of breakdown with tiredness and this shitty ass stressful job/shift tonight. Gonna destroy the bed now

5 Likes

Or the wanking chariot in your case :joy:

2 Likes

Jeez I’ve never seen anyone do an Anderson OHS before… I bet Dan John would have interesting commentary on that. On the snatch… maybe you’re fatigued from the other day’s snatches? I know it’s common to practice these movements daily in Olympic lifting, but you’ve just spent how long doing purely CrossFit WODS? No wonder you feel dead!

I have four olympic lifter teachers, this one is the old crazy one. Ancient World class MMA-fighter, 2 times senpô world champion, used to be roided to the gill. I’m sure all of this has left traces on his sanity ahahah

Well I don’t know that I’m so fatigued since I did a 10 kgs PR ahahah

Dammit you made me realize… I only do olympic lifting and bodyweight WODs… I’m a freaking CrossFitter!

I’m just tired because I have to get used again to waking up at 6, and combining school and work. In the gym I feel great!

True, true, rofl. But I have had some real nice PRs as of late, which I had not experienced ina very long time. Perhaps it was women who were siphoning me out of my gainz and I have to embrace celibate ahahah

1 Like

You seemed concerned technique-wise, though maybe I am misunderstanding. But either way congrats, I haven’t tried doing a snatch in like 4 years haha

Embrace it at this point

1 Like

So be it.

07/01

“René”

7 Rounds for time

400m run
21 walking lunges
15 pull-ups
9 burpees

Time: 31’43

Okay so this was way harder than it looked, especially for the cardio! Lungs took a real beating then. You can’t breathe during pull-ups, during burpees, then you run ughhhhh. Me and my mate had quite a hard time. Perhaps didn’t eat enough. Perhaps fatigue from yesterday’s session and getting back to class etc. That’s okay. Gonna sleep well tonight

On other news gyms were announced tonight to be closed until at least mid-february. Let’s be real, it will be for spring and tourist that things will open… So this is a conundrum, and the future of my studies is uncertain. We really don’t know what will happen, if the diploma will be postponed, or that we won’t have to do internships? (but that sucks…)

Gonna be a WOD guy for a while ahahah

Tonight’s thirst trap and flexing, actually not looking that bad, could use a little bit more lats width though

3 Likes

11/01

Pletnev

A. Bench press 2 eccentric reps at 120 kgs + 20" isometric hold at 90 kgs + 6 reps at 60 kgs
4 sets

B. Squat 2 eccentric reps at 150 kgs + 6 jump squats at 70 kgs + 20" isometric hold at 110 kgs + 6 reps at 70 kgs
2 sets

Yaaaay something else than o-lifting. Only did 2 sets of squats because of lack of time. Some Pletnev and Super Pletnev. That was tough, especially for the bench (prolly used too much weight/not enough warm-up). Chest and tris full of blood and failing at third set on the last reps. This was nice, everyone was sleepy afterwards lol

And a little snatch montage from last time

Next four days will most likely be all o-lifting, nice

3 Likes

Ninja soft landing! Is it a style thing? All the oly girls around me sound like tap-dancers when they land.

1 Like

Yeha you can hear a tiny bit louder on the last rep. These were done fatigued, after 1 hour of max OVH squats, with control: certainly not max power up or down. I feel I can put on 10 kgs more

This sounds like a Russian tank, the fuck is it?

1 Like

Never found anything about this being precise but it’s a Bulgarian method. I don’t know if it’s the name of an old coach or something. It’s basically combining several contraction types (many different Pletnev are possible) with the main focus being an increase in maximal strength. Been used for a long time in French S&C as “Heavy physical preparation” for blitz strength. The Super Pletnev is using all four contraction types, in the EPIC order. This is rarely used and very taxing.

12/01

O-lifting:

• Snatch-grip high pulls
• Power snatches
• Overhead squats
• Behind the neck thrusters
• Snatch

Then a WOD:

20 minutes max rounds:

• 20 Deadlifts (40kgs)
• 10 Power snatches
• 15 Burpees
• 10 Push press
• 5 Full Snatches

By team of 2… It was really tough after yesterday’s session. Probably because I had not benched in a month or so, but my mid back, chest and tris were DEAD. Very tired as well, and the WOD was tough as balls. Teammate spend as much time as he could lying on the floor.
Very confident with snatch technique now, so much that I feel better in it than clean, which was the other way around before! But we’re doing like 4 times as much snatch practice. Here are some thrusters

Tonight did 20 minutes of rower and stretches. Gonna try to sleep early again tonight.

Also tried a mobility challenge I saw some champion do:

8 Likes

Wonderful montage :clap:

1 Like

You do some seriously complicated stuff man. I don’t think I’m smart enough to train your way.

2 Likes

Well you inspired me and I used the same app :wink:

I don’t train like this, we just experiment some stuff, so that we can understand better the effects it has on an athlete and memorize it. This stuff is just for 2-3 short blitz strength in very specific condifitions. I’m all for using different contraction types though, I LOVE it either being for strength, hypertrophy or athleticism, it has so much utility, application, and efficacy.

13/01

O-lifts:
• Snatch sets of 2 at 60 kgs
• Clean and jerk sets of 2 at 80 kgs

Bodybuilding:

A) Low cable row 1 x 10, 1 x 10 + 8 + 6 with 80 kgs and 80 + 60 + 45 kgs

B) Meadows row 1 x 10, 2 x 8 with 50 and 55 kgs

C) Banded neutral pull-ups 2 x max

D) Accentuated eccentric lats pull-down with partner 2 x 8 with 50 and 60 kgs

E) Fat gripz dumbbell curls 2 x max with 10 kgs

F) Reverse-grip EZ bar curls 2 x 20 with 2 kgs

Everyone tired AF today… So we just did a bit of o-lifting, we tried to do 2 reps with the weight we’re supposed to use next thursday (for me it’s like 55 and 70, so I’m ez pz as my actual maxes are 80 - and I could do 90 for sure on a good day- and 100 - which I could probably do more as well)

After that, free quarter, for stretches, gym or whatever. Did some mountaindog stuff with a mate. Felt good doing some structural training, focusing on feeling the muscle, and not just destroying our CNS lol. He really enjoyed it, also as he never did 3 of these exercises, and had good sensations. I’m really happy about my elbows, the curls felt great, even though I did elbow-friendly stuff for that reason.

I’m just so, so tired. Falling asleep on the car. And I have to go to work till 10 PM ugh I don’t know how I’ll manage. Have to write dozens and dozens of pages for next thursday, as well as study law and physiology for monday, as dates have been moved up by a lot with the recent events… And obviously I haven’t done anything yet because I just want to sleep since monday the fourth lol. Gonna have to pwoer though this with the power of cafeine… Gonna cheat as well tonight. I think I might need some calories. Will post some vids and pics after work if I find the energey. Also, feeling bad for the cheat because took some pic after training today and I just found myself HORRIBLE

3 Likes

Wow, that was all over the place. Seeming extra hard on yourself lately, no?

Just a little complaining/mini breakdown. I’m fine. Just lack of sleep these last 10 days + extra work + crazy hard training everyday. It’ll be better soon

2 Likes