T Nation

To Hiphop Heads on the Nation

Jay-Z’s new track ‘lost ones’ is pretty sweet. He hasn’t lost it. Says some real stuff, like ‘moment of clarity’. Nice beat too. You can get it at spinemagazine.com

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
Jay-Z’s new track ‘lost ones’ is pretty sweet. He hasn’t lost it. Says some real stuff, like ‘moment of clarity’. Nice beat too. You can get it at spinemagazine.com[/quote]

Thank you. P. Diddy’s song with Nas and Cee-lo is the tightest one on his CD…just for the swap of info.

good shit, that site has some good stuff on it. anyone know if game’s new single is a dre beat? cuz thats some hot shit

[quote]alownage wrote:
good shit, that site has some good stuff on it. anyone know if game’s new single is a dre beat? cuz thats some hot shit[/quote]

I seriously doubt it, Game and Aftermath aren’t exactly on the best of terms.

Also, Hi-Tek’s new album Hi-Teknology Vol 2 is awesome if you like his stuff (Reflection Eternal, Hi-Teknology, etc…).

[quote]alownage wrote:
good shit, that site has some good stuff on it. anyone know if game’s new single is a dre beat? cuz thats some hot shit[/quote]

If you’re talking about “Why you hate The Game” it’s a Just Blaze beat.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
dannyrat wrote:
Jay-Z’s new track ‘lost ones’ is pretty sweet. He hasn’t lost it. Says some real stuff, like ‘moment of clarity’. Nice beat too. You can get it at spinemagazine.com

Thank you. P. Diddy’s song with Nas and Cee-lo is the tightest one on his CD…just for the swap of info.[/quote]

Actually I believe he just goes by “Diddy” now. C’mon man, he had a press release and everything about it!

On another note, it’s a little old (but a lot of people still don’t know yet), but if you haven’t heard Immortal Technique yet… you need to.

Cheers X, i’ve got no doubt. I’m glad Cee-lo’s crossed over now, he’ll be on more stuff + get paid, i loved him since ‘git up, git out…’

Joker- i heard that Hi-tek was shit? I’ve got hi-teknology, but the sample track i heard off the new one (NY something, with kiss and nas on it) sounded like a joke. It’s good?

[quote]alownage wrote:

Game said that there is not one Dre beat on the whole album. He said he respects Dre, but he just wanted this album to be about himself, not Dre’s nice beats.

jedi mind tricks is #1

[quote]double_a wrote:
alownage wrote:
good shit, that site has some good stuff on it. anyone know if game’s new single is a dre beat? cuz thats some hot shit

Game said that there is not one Dre beat on the whole album. He said he respects Dre, but he just wanted this album to be about himself, not Dre’s nice beats.[/quote]

but he’s still calling it “The Doctor’s Advocate”?!?

From what I have gathered, his parting from Aftermath was not exactly mutual. I heard an interview on Shade 45 (the Sirius channel that Eminem kind of runs) with Paul Rosenberg (Em’s long time manager/ friend) saying that Game will never be on another Shady Records track if he has anything to do with it. That combined with his well publicized relationship with his other label mates, G-Unit, I have a feeling that the good Dr. made the decision based on the impact on his business. Why keep a somewhat talented guy around if all he’s gonna do is cause problems with your two HUGE moneymakers?

So, Game goes off and signs with Koch. And if he wasn’t a big enough name-dropper on his debut release, this time around he knows the only thing that will sell his album is to try to stir up some controversy. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike him, but I just like to keep things in perspective…

[quote]dannyrat wrote:
Cheers X, i’ve got no doubt. I’m glad Cee-lo’s crossed over now, he’ll be on more stuff + get paid, i loved him since ‘git up, git out…’

Joker- i heard that Hi-tek was shit? I’ve got hi-teknology, but the sample track i heard off the new one (NY something, with kiss and nas on it) sounded like a joke. It’s good?[/quote]

Well i’m a huge Hi-Tek fan so I could be a bit biased. I haven’t heard the whole CD yet, either, but from what i’ve heard it’s good.

I’ll let you know later tonight after work when i’ve listened to the whole album.

[quote]sausageman wrote:
jedi mind tricks is #1[/quote]

Not their later stuff unfortunately

[quote]sausageman wrote:
jedi mind tricks is #1[/quote]

So you all seem to be on the level… I just moved house and want some posters, know anywhere online?

I want (but not limited to) Dah Shinin, Step In The Arena, Black Star, Juggaknots, Wu Tang Forever, Smoothe Da hustler ‘Once upon a time…’ and shit like that, blowups of the album covers if possible.

There must be a market for all this. ebay draws a blank and all the googled sites are bollocks. Anyone hook me up?

[quote]YoungElias wrote:
sausageman wrote:
jedi mind tricks is #1

[/quote]

man im diggin their new album.

outlive the war
uncommom valor
serenity in murder
heavy metal kings

and all the others are mad bumpin fo rill

I said i’d get back to you on the album so here goes:

I really really like the new Hi-Tek album. It’s different and refreshing, just like his first album. I can actually listen to it and hear the music and the smooth melodies and just relax to it. He’s got a few harder tracks on there which are good as well to mix things up.

I don’t love it as much as the first one, however the first one took a while to grow on me and this one seems to be made the same way.

Definitely a must buy in my opinion, though.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
dannyrat wrote:

Joker- i heard that Hi-tek was shit? I’ve got hi-teknology, but the sample track i heard off the new one (NY something, with kiss and nas on it) sounded like a joke. It’s good?

Well i’m a huge Hi-Tek fan so I could be a bit biased. I haven’t heard the whole CD yet, either, but from what i’ve heard it’s good.

I’ll let you know later tonight after work when i’ve listened to the whole album.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Thank you. P. Diddy’s song with Nas and Cee-lo is the tightest one on his CD…just for the swap of info.[/quote]

I agree, it’s hot.

Ok joker sounds sick. i liked how on hi-teknology he could have a smooth track like ‘round and round’ and rough like ‘illest it gets’ and it’s all good. Just thought his new thing with g unit might have tainted the kid. Good lookin out man