To Hell with Bear Grylls

I have been defending this dude for some time. I really can’t read people. I am really pissed at this asshole.

mike

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

I have been defending this dude for some time. I really can’t read people. I am really pissed at this asshole.

mike[/quote]

Does this come as a surprise to anyone?

He says he is there for 5 days, yet never has any facial hair. It was obvious.

There is actually a “Man vs. Wild” marathon on right now and I was pointing out to everyone how he always appears freshly shaved.

The show is for entertainment. He shows some tricks to survive and has a great personality that is entertaining. The guy is certainly hard core and an experienced adventurer, and certainly does some amazing shit on the show, but he’s filming a show to make money and not trying to kill himself.

why am i not surprised? it’s television afterall.

Interesting… I wonder why they got the name of the show wrong or if it’s just called Born Survivor in Europe… I’m sure it’s the latter.

I for one was never fooled for a second.

Has anyone seen Surviorman? It somehow seems more realistic to me than Man vs Wild.

Just because he doesn’t do it for the show, though, doesn’t mean he’s a fake.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I for one was never fooled for a second.[/quote]

This prob sums it up for 90% of viewers. Super fake.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
Just because he doesn’t do it for the show, though, doesn’t mean he’s a fake.[/quote]

By definition, if you are not really doing something… you are a fake.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I for one was never fooled for a second.[/quote]

LOL. In other news, The Simpsons isn’t real, either. It turns out that the family is fictitious, AND the people are just drawings! Something always didn’t sit right with me…

[quote]4est wrote:
JokerFMJ wrote:
Just because he doesn’t do it for the show, though, doesn’t mean he’s a fake.

By definition, if you are not really doing something… you are a fake.[/quote]

The show and situation may be fake, that doesn’t mean he is.

[quote]Mr. Clean & Jerk wrote:
belligerent wrote:
I for one was never fooled for a second.

LOL. In other news, The Simpsons isn’t real, either. It turns out that the family is fictitious, AND the people are just drawings! Something always didn’t sit right with me…[/quote]

Shutup, it’s not true. :frowning:

[quote]Eleni wrote:
Has anyone seen Surviorman? It somehow seems more realistic to me than Man vs Wild.[/quote]

I agreee. I’ve always had debates with my friend because I said “Man vs. Wild” always seemed a little contrived. I never thought it was this fake but it always seemed a little too coincidental with some of the things he’d find.

I like Survivorman more because it’s not always as pretty and he actually doesn’t always succeed and needs to be bailed out sometime. There’s been a couple episodes where he seemed legit afraid that he might not make it.

i have a long history in survival training and have noticed many mistakes, where i can tell, for example, that a friction fire was faked (rockey mountain episode).

Survivorman is better. BUT the info in Man vs wild is valid, just unrealistic. He makes hunting look so easy AND I GUARENTEE IT IS NOT.

in one episiode hs slept in a snowcave with nothing but his clothes. NO FREEKING WAY. you cant be on the snow all night and live, you need something to keep you out of contact with the ice.

you dont learn to use a “throwing stick” with accuracy in one day and then nail a rabbit that evening. And his traps are rigged with dead animals.

etc…

but whatever. how embarassing to get caught.

I was reading a mag a few weeks ago and they had an interview with chris ryan, he said that although bear brylls is going around telling everyone he was in the sas, as far as chris ryan knows bear grylls was only in the ta (not even the sas-r), lol.

So Chris Ryan is talking about something he doesn’t really know about?

I always have concerns about statements when people qualify them by saying things like, “As far as I know…” To me, that means, “In case i’m wrong I don’t want to be sued, so as far as I know…”

If you don’t KNOW, don’t say.

lol, yeah but he will still have contactrs within the regiment, so I would say slightly less of an opinion and more of a definate maybe.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
The show is for entertainment. He shows some tricks to survive and has a great personality that is entertaining. The guy is certainly hard core and an experienced adventurer, and certainly does some amazing shit on the show, but he’s filming a show to make money and not trying to kill himself.[/quote]

+1

I enjoy the show for what it is.

HAHAHAHAHA!!

I remember getting flamed in the last Bear Grylls thread for calling a phony!

His show is faker than Pamela Anderson’s tits!!