To Deload or Not to Deload

Okay, so not knowing all the information ( Like what percentage of your starting weights were of your 5RM), but generally if you can continually add weight week to week and you are doing 5x5 hitting all reps, keep it up until you miss a set of 5 reps and then maybe deload and come back and do a twice a week 5 x 5 or a 5 set ramp to 5RM. What were you planning to do for deload

[quote]Efuchs7 wrote:
5/3/1 does a deload maybe that’s what you were saying and I missed it but it’s definatly included… I would recommend doing chest 2 days a week one focusing on upper and the other lower then maybe the CG bench and dips in the middle for an arm day… the full routine would have been nice. Deloads are a good thing maybe do it this time or don’t and do it on week eight or however long it takes for your routine to cycle through again. [/quote]

A strength program splitting chest into upper and lower days, with a cg/dip day in between…this thread is so full of knowledge

[quote]Efuchs7 wrote:
5/3/1 does a deload maybe that’s what you were saying and I missed it but it’s definatly included… I would recommend doing chest 2 days a week one focusing on upper and the other lower then maybe the CG bench and dips in the middle for an arm day… the full routine would have been nice. Deloads are a good thing maybe do it this time or don’t and do it on week eight or however long it takes for your routine to cycle through again. [/quote]

A strength program splitting chest into upper and lower days, with a cg/dip day in between…this thread is so full of knowledge

if you’re strength starts to drop despite sticking to your program, then you should probably deload. That, or eat more.

What does your full routine look like? Have you been progressing lately? What’s your diet look like? How do you feel throughout the day? What is your physical activity like outside the gym? How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

If you want a thorough answer, you’ll need to supply quite a few variables. Or you could deload for a week and see what happens, if it works, great, if not, the damage will be minimal.

Sounds like someone thought this said Bodybuilding.