To Creatine or Not Creatine

if you are gonna go on creatine you take it EVERYDAY AND PWO in your shake

personally from what I have read I would not do pills because your bod cannot digest it-it passes through your system if it is not dissolved-I would make hot tea or coffee and dump some in there-it has no taste

but I"m not an expert on the technology of the pill form so maybe read up on it more

Thanks again all for the info. A few more follow up questions if you don’t mind.

1. I use a low carb protein shake like Metabolic Drive, do I need to add anything to improve the Creatine uptake?

2. On average how long does it take to notice results?

Thanks!

you should not do low carb pwo

it took 4 days or so for me to notice a difference some say a week

The pill form of creatine is not the best, but it won’t kill you. You want your creatine to be absorbed faster rather than slower, to take advantage of the feeding window after a workout.

With that in mind, the absolute best time to take it is in your high-carb PWO drink, like Surge. The insulin-spike provided by the carbs drives creatine into the muscles the same way it does with protein.

On non-workout days, just mix it in something where it will dissolve completely. It’s not necessary to take it on non-workout days, but it doesn’t hurt either.

I had to stop taking creatine after about two weeks of trying it.

I noticed great effects right away. I felt stronger and had much more endurance during workouts…but…

I started to feel very weird almost all day long in my stomache. It felt like I was in a free fall like on a roller coaster.

It was definately the creatine because it stopped immediately after I stopped taking it.

I’m going to try Biotest creatine and see if it happens again. Has anyone ever heard of this before?

-DT

You have to make sure you mix your creatine completely. From what I think I understand, if you leave some creatine crystals unmixed, they will try to absorb water out of your intestines/stomach rather than out of your drink, and this will cause stomach irritation.

Fully mixed creatine won’t do this to most folks.

[quote]sparkyisadog wrote:
it must be dissolved-buy micronized and melt it in hot tea or coffee[/quote]

You do not need micronized creatine.
Just buy the creapure like Biotest sells.

Just an update, its been just over a week and half or so since I started the Creatine and every single one of my lifts have increased 5-10 lbs, my endurence has increased and muscle size has increased. Also I have not experienced any bloating, gas, or any other negative side effect. Also I did not go through a loading phase, typically taking 1 Table spoon with 8oz gatorade right after working out.

Thanks for all your help

[quote]Sifu wrote:
sparkyisadog wrote:
it must be dissolved-buy micronized and melt it in hot tea or coffee

You do not need micronized creatine.
Just buy the creapure like Biotest sells.
[/quote]

You’re right that one doesn’t need micronized creatine, but Biotest’s creatine is micronized.

From what I’ve read, micronizing the creatine isn’t that much more expensive from a manufacturing standpoint, so every company should do it.

It’s just that much more surface area that comes in contact with the liquid and helps it to desolve that much better.

Creapure creatine (German made) is the best, and that’s what Biotest sells. It being micronized makes it that much better.