To Cook a Dog.........

The chinese recipe

and the korean version

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
The chinese recipe

and the korean version

[/quote]

You must be bored and feel the need to stir shit up for your amusement, huh, TD?

Neely isnt aware yet that he’s dinner.

I don’t see why eating dogs is wrong.

Maybe I should find a link of “How beef is made” to the Indians.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
I don’t see why eating dogs is wrong. [/quote]

I wouldn’t say it’s exactly “wrong”, but we keep dogs as pets. They are domesticated animals, and so I would never cook, kill and eat them.

Would you eat your dog? I consider them companions, not food.

Either way, thats their culture; what isn’t food to the western culture, could be to another.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
asusvenus wrote:

I wouldn’t say it’s exactly “wrong”, but we keep dogs as pets. They are domesticated animals, and so I would never cook, kill and eat them.

Would you eat your dog? I consider them companions, not food.

Either way, thats their culture; what isn’t food to the western culture, could be to another.[/quote]

I don’t own a dog. Sure, eating a dog in most western cultures is deemed “wrong”, but what I hate is people who judge other people on such basis, when they aren’t of the same culture.

My dad raised a sheep when he was a child, so he had a companion, it followed him to school and whatever. One day when he came back from school, he found that the family had cooked it :frowning:

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Neely isnt aware yet that he’s dinner.[/quote]

That’s no dog.

It’s a goddamn Yeti.

I’ve eaten dog before. Rotisserie.

I saw a video last night of a Chinese dude assaulting a dog with a brick. He picked up a brick, and launched it the dog, hitting him right in the head. The dog fell, made some incredible messed up whimpers, couldn’t move, and was just lying on its side whimpering and making the most god awful noises. The guy approached it, the dog tried to bite him but couldn’t do shit, then he kicked the dog away from the brick, so he could pick it up and throw it at the animal a couple more times. Each time the dog got more messed up but didn’t die, still whimpering and growling and trying to escape, but it couldn’t walk. At this point I was a pretty big mess, you could have told me the world was ending and every human being in it was going to die, but I would still be more concerned for the dog.

At the end of the video, the dog crawled between some bikes in a bike rack and was still making death noises. I was hoping the guy would at least pull it out and put it out of its misery. I wanted to fly to China and help this dog, or at least kill it myself just so it wouldn’t suffer any more, until I realized I was helpless to do anything and it already happened.

My psychological state after watching that was not good, and I basically came to the conclusion that people are incredibly messed up and the world is a pretty nasty place, and as much as I tried to distance myself from the experience of watching this video emotionally, I couldn’t.

But now, I realize the guy was just getting dinner, perhaps to feed his family, or even just himself, and who could blame him for that.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I saw a video last night of a Chinese dude assaulting a dog with a brick. He picked up a brick, and launched it the dog, hitting him right in the head. The dog fell, made some incredible messed up whimpers, couldn’t move, and was just lying on its side whimpering and making the most god awful noises. The guy approached it, the dog tried to bite him but couldn’t do shit, then he kicked the dog away from the brick, so he could pick it up and throw it at the animal a couple more times. Each time the dog got more messed up but didn’t die, still whimpering and growling and trying to escape, but it couldn’t walk. At this point I was a pretty big mess, you could have told me the world was ending and every human being in it was going to die, but I would still be more concerned for the dog.

At the end of the video, the dog crawled between some bikes in a bike rack and was still making death noises. I was hoping the guy would at least pull it out and put it out of its misery. I wanted to fly to China and help this dog, or at least kill it myself just so it wouldn’t suffer any more, until I realized I was helpless to do anything and it already happened.

My psychological state after watching that was not good, and I basically came to the conclusion that people are incredibly messed up and the world is a pretty nasty place, and as much as I tried to distance myself from the experience of watching this video emotionally, I couldn’t.

But now, I realize the guy was just getting dinner, perhaps to feed his family, or even just himself, and who could blame him for that.
[/quote]

Maybe it’s wrong, but I blame him. But then, I rescue bugs…

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[/quote]

There’s killing for food and there’s cruelty. Deer and other animals will make noises like that if you draw out their death, too. That’s why some places require basic marksman tests before they issue hunting licenses, because they dont want people shooting animals in the ass and then never getting the last shot so the animal just suffers for hours or days. It’s why PETA has to pay people to “find” animal cruelty, because most farms use techniques to kill animals instantly and without significant suffering.

Here you go. Close enough IMO.

[quote]theuofh wrote:

[/quote]

I prefer bratwurst. Had some dogs the other day though. Ballpark makes good ones.

[quote]samdan wrote:
theuofh wrote:

There’s killing for food and there’s cruelty. [/quote]

This.

How’s it different than eating a deer, cow or especially pig? Pigs can be just as good of a pet as dogs.
All you ignorant, racist people whining about another culture eating dog, I hope you’ve banned bacon and ham from your diets.

Wow. The comments (and thumbs up) under the video on youtube almost makes me give up hope for the future of the world.

Oh, and yea, my comments should more be made for the ignorance on the video comments on youtube, not really anyone’s comment here.

They got me all worked up. heheh

I guess we’ve come to the conclusion that dogs are an acceptable food source, as long as they are murdered humanely.

http://www.puppybeef.com/faq.php … premium online dog butchery for those interested in trying it out. Their meet is free range, and they have developed a dog breed specifically for the purpose of eating (as do the koreans I guess), and dog meat supposedly has medicinal qualities.

Also, http://www.kittybeef.com/faq.php … which has options for fish fed, beef fed, and chicken fed cat meat.

[quote]asusvenus wrote:

Maybe I should find a link of “How beef is made” to the Indians.[/quote]

Agreed. It’s no different from raising pigs or cows for food.
If you whine about cute animals, you might as well as become a vegetarian. Oh, plants have feelings too? Starve yourself to death.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
…as long as they are murdered humanely.
[/quote]

I think “killed” would be more appropriate than “murdered”.

Someone remind me again why it’s not perfectly ok to eat people? I mean, as long as their deaths are swift and “humane”?

I stand by my opinion that there are quite a few people out there who deserve the same fate as the poor dog
theuofh wrote about.