To Bulk or Not To Bulk?

…this is the real problem of Amleto… and mine too…

here some info about me:
i start training in jan 2003 (i was really fat 103kg and 1.70m)

since then i was really changed… now i am still 1.70m but my weight it’s around 90kg. and my ody composition really changed.

i’m not ripped off course… but i have but on some solid lean mass and strenght.

by now i’am around 16-18% bf.

my main goal is to be “bigger” :wink: so i’m sure i need more lean mass. what i’m wondering is if before start a new bulking phase i need to cut some more fat (in september 2004 before bulking i was 80kg… i was 98kg in may2005 than start a light cutting phase at around 2800kcal)…

what do you suggest? and which may be the best way to bulk (from a diet point of view)?

its totally up to you, what you want to do, but imo i would lean out some more first. try getting down to maybe 10% or less, and then try to pack on some mass. my reasoning is simple, when your trying to “get bigger” your gonna put on some fat. if your at 18% now, i mean to me its not really acceptable to be 20 or more %. but like i said its up to you.

also, remember the leaner that you are, the bigger you look. you might get down to 10% and like the way you look.

[quote]cadav wrote:
…this is the real problem of Amleto… and mine too…

here some info about me:
i start training in jan 2003 (i was really fat 103kg and 1.70m)

since then i was really changed… now i am still 1.70m but my weight it’s around 90kg. and my ody composition really changed.

i’m not ripped off course… but i have but on some solid lean mass and strenght.

by now i’am around 16-18% bf.

my main goal is to be “bigger” :wink: so i’m sure i need more lean mass. what i’m wondering is if before start a new bulking phase i need to cut some more fat (in september 2004 before bulking i was 80kg… i was 98kg in may2005 than start a light cutting phase at around 2800kcal)…

what do you suggest? and which may be the best way to bulk (from a diet point of view)?

[/quote]

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=699538

This is you will look like if you bulk, then cut. Well, not really.

Wait until Prof-X tells you what he thinks. He is pretty biased when it comes to cutting, but he knows his shit.

[quote]P-DOG wrote:
its totally up to you, what you want to do, but imo i would lean out some more first. try getting down to maybe 10% or less, and then try to pack on some mass. my reasoning is simple, when your trying to “get bigger” your gonna put on some fat. if your at 18% now, i mean to me its not really acceptable to be 20 or more %. but like i said its up to you.
[/quote]

10%? mhh i think it’s quite a low bf%.
i admit that i’m not sure of what 10& look like.

by now i have only the upper abs visible… so you think i have to cut until putting out the full six pack?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=699538

This is you will look like if you bulk, then cut. Well, not really.
[/quote]

by now i’m a bit leaner of the guy on 1st pic :slight_smile:

i was something like it in may (after my first bulking phase…)…

i’ll wait :slight_smile:

[quote]cadav wrote:
P-DOG wrote:
by now i have only the upper abs visible… so you think i have to cut until putting out the full six pack?
[/quote]

it’s prob going to be impossible to put out the “full six pack” until you’ve developed your core/abs further.

do heavy lifts and use good form. when it’s ready for display, you will know.

[quote]chillain wrote:
it’s prob going to be impossible to put out the “full six pack” until you’ve developed your core/abs further.

do heavy lifts and use good form. when it’s ready for display, you will know.
[/quote]

thank you for your advice…

aside that i really don’t care about showing my six pack…what do you mean by heavy lift?

here my stat:
h:1.72mt
w: 90kg

bench press: 130kg x 2Rep
squat: 220kg x 3Rep
deadlift: 150kg x4Rep

please, tell me if you need more info!