T Nation

To Bulk or Cut?

First, I am determining weather or not I should bulk or cut. I weigh 180lbs (give or take a pound or two) and my pictures are at http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/sinacorifitness/April%204%202007/

I have been lifting on and off for a little over a year. I feel kind of fat right now. Please dont ask what my routein or eating habbits are like. I just want to know if people think I should bulk or cut at this point based on my weight and pictures. Thanks.

Why wouldn’t we ask for details?

No, you’re not fat. You’re still skinny. And you’re not even skinny fat.

Keep building muscle.

-Matt

I know “T” is right next to “S” in the alphabet…but to be confusing them at this point in your life is sort of sad. BICEPS!

Anyway, what do you think you should do? I’m sure some guys will come in and tell you to keep on bulking, but they’re not in your shoes. Do you want to look good for the summer? You’re young, there’s nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t look like it would take very long.

On the other hand, if you feel you could stand not to have a perfect “beach body” this summer, then bulk on! Eschewing social norms to make progress would, of course, be admirable.

[quote]SinacoriFitness wrote:
First, I am determining weather or not I should bulk or cut. I weigh 180lbs (give or take a pound or two) and my pictures are at http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s184/sinacorifitness/April%204%202007/

I have been lifting on and off for a little over a year. I feel kind of fat right now. Please dont ask what my routein or eating habbits are like. I just want to know if people think I should bulk or cut at this point based on my weight and pictures. Thanks.[/quote]

If you are just starting working out, you will experience newbie gains with the addition of a solid regular training schedule you will most likely lose fat even on a caloric surplus.

The problem with cutting when you have no muscle mass is that it won’t look as impressive as you think it will.

Even though you aren’t “shredded”, you are lean.

I would continue working on gaining more muscle.

I’m having a slightly different problem. I screwed up bulking (This was before I found the site) and added almost as much fat as I did muscle. (35 pounds of muscle, 30 of fat.) So I’m wondering if I should lean out before I try adding any more mass.

It depends on what your goals are. If you plan on competing in the future you should continue building muscle.

You are waaayyyy too fat man. You better do some cardio and drop your calories to under 1500/day so you can get those ript abz.

Bulk. You would be too skinny if you cut.

thanks guys, i looked in the mirror last night and i told myself that I wanted to keep bulking, idk its just what I wanna do. I just want to be huge. I could care less about my abs as long as I am u kno, skinni lol…

keep sendin the comments tho. Thanks.

Id cut maybe 10 pounds and you’d be ripped. Most guys on this website wanna be huge if thats your goal then bulk alittle more,but if you wanna look good cut and if you were my friend id tell you to cut.

[quote]SinacoriFitness wrote:
I just want to be huge.
[/quote]

Then I think you answered your own question. Keep bulking and dont worry about the abs.