To All The Troll Killers

Begin geek moment:

I think we should give Kudos to all the Troll Killers out there by putting an icon by their names (under the avatar) for the amount of internet trolls they have slayed on this website…

Maybe an icon of a Tub of Grow! or an Alpha Male symbol…

End Geek moment…

=D

With recognition on the line I will have to use my magical TubeSteakBookie Sword a little more often.

Tucker

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1119628277520.Medal_of_Valor.jpg

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:
Begin geek moment:

I think we should give Kudos to all the Troll Killers out there by putting an icon by their names (under the avatar) for the amount of internet trolls they have slayed on this website…

Maybe an icon of a Tub of Grow! or an Alpha Male symbol…

End Geek moment…

=D[/quote]

How about this?

What constitutes a “troll kill” and how do we know if someone has done this?

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
What constitutes a “troll kill” and how do we know if someone has done this? [/quote]

Die troll die.

Now where is my medal?

[quote]lostinthought wrote:
What constitutes a “troll kill” and how do we know if someone has done this? [/quote]

Actually I was thinking of the last person who did a flaming attack on the Troll and the subsequent lack of reply by said troll would constitute the Troll Killer Award.

In other words…the last person to attack the Troll and the Troll does not reappear in the thread.

Well in that case I’m going to make a career out of cherry-picking X and J-Dub. And anyone else with a proven talent for burns. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote]Trailblazer wrote:
lostinthought wrote:

Actually I was thinking of the last person who did a flaming attack on the Troll and the subsequent lack of reply by said troll would constitute the Troll Killer Award.

In other words…the last person to attack the Troll and the Troll does not reappear in the thread.[/quote]

A kill should also be awarded if the troll submits by changing name and avatar. Furthermore, how about counting three tantrums or obvious losses of composure as a kill (along the lines of the “3 downs=TKO” rule)?

But most kills are colaborative effort, but for a couple by rainjack.

How should the bounty be divided?

[quote]mindeffer01 wrote:
But most kills are colaborative effort, but for a couple by rainjack.

How should the bounty be divided?

[/quote]

Good question: How about all participants in slaying the Troll get a medal…and a single person effort (ex: Rainjack) gets to keep the offenders Avatar and display it for however long they choose?).

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Trailblazer wrote:
lostinthought wrote:

In other words…the last person to attack the Troll and the Troll does not reappear in the thread.

A kill should also be awarded if the troll submits by changing name and avatar. Furthermore, how about counting three tantrums or obvious losses of composure as a kill (along the lines of the “3 downs=TKO” rule)?[/quote]

Excellent points. Amendments will be added to include your points.

who are these trolls? grif (just because he posted stoopid shit doesn’t mean he’s a troll)? jetliwannabi (he’s been called a troll, but c’mon)? deezweez (he hasn’t yet unleashed his true comic ingenuity to the nation)? bongologist (whatever happened to that thread, anyway)?

instead of talking about all these trolls that probably dont even exist, why can’t names of these trolls be presented so we can figure out if they actually do exist?

the only troll slayers we got here are mods. the rest are guys who just don’t get along.

besides, im sure zeb would call wideguy a troll; justthefacts would call jeffie a troll; and profx sleeps under a bridge.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
who are these trolls? grif (just because he posted stoopid shit doesn’t mean he’s a troll)? jetliwannabi (he’s been called a troll, but c’mon)? deezweez (he hasn’t yet unleashed his true comic ingenuity to the nation)? bongologist (whatever happened to that thread, anyway)?

instead of talking about all these trolls that probably dont even exist, why can’t names of these trolls be presented so we can figure out if they actually do exist?

the only troll slayers we got here are mods. the rest are guys who just don’t get along.

besides, im sure zeb would call wideguy a troll; justthefacts would call jeffie a troll; and profx sleeps under a bridge.[/quote]

I would define a “troll” in the given context as a person who deliberately posts statements completely contrary to the common opinions and values on this site (which, all the diversity notwithstanding, definitely exist) for the sole purpose of annoying people (in contrast to initiating a prolific discussion).

Examples: QuadeTheFinest, Al Shades, the two??? kids from the Bruce Lee thread,…

By all means, I agree that disagreements between two members which don’t fit the above-mentioned description should be singled out. Sorry, no medals for bickering…

Troll killing? You don’t need recognition for this in the form of an icon… if you’ve done it, the others will know. Because they will remember laughing. At least, I will.

What? Do you want experience points or something? This is not D&D for cryin’ out loud! :slight_smile:

Heres a troll. Kill him if you can.

This is more like it.

Ive killed a few of these

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
I would define a “troll” in the given context as a person who deliberately posts statements completely contrary to the common opinions and values on this site (which, all the diversity notwithstanding, definitely exist) for the sole purpose of annoying people (in contrast to initiating a prolific discussion).

Examples: QuadeTheFinest, Al Shades, the two??? kids from the Bruce Lee thread,…

By all means, I agree that disagreements between two members which don’t fit the above-mentioned description should be singled out. Sorry, no medals for bickering… [/quote]

honestly, the only posters on the Nation ive seen that could be considered trolls were quadethefinest (during the time that his brother and friend used his handle) and marijuologist (simply because he wouldn’t answer direct questions on his own thread). all the others i know about were just expressing opinion.

if anybody wants to see actual trolling just go to an extremely popular forum like bungie.net. if it’s the same as it was when halo2 first came out then there are still a bunch of deleted posts and banned posters due to guys posting viruses, starting new threads as often as possible about an established to be annoying subject, posting in CAPS exclusively, etc.

the Nation doesn’t have trolls; we got dumbasses.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:
michael2507 wrote:

By all means, I agree that disagreements between two members which don’t fit the above-mentioned description should be singled out. Sorry, no medals for bickering…

honestly, the only posters on the Nation ive seen that could be considered trolls were quadethefinest (during the time that his brother and friend used his handle) and marijuologist (simply because he wouldn’t answer direct questions on his own thread). all the others i know about were just expressing opinion.

if anybody wants to see actual trolling just go to an extremely popular forum like bungie.net. if it’s the same as it was when halo2 first came out then there are still a bunch of deleted posts and banned posters due to guys posting viruses, starting new threads as often as possible about an established to be annoying subject, posting in CAPS exclusively, etc.

the Nation doesn’t have trolls; we got dumbasses.[/quote]

Agreed. Honestly the last thing that should be encouraged around here is “troll killing.” The less drama on this site, the better. Stupid threads should just be ignored and not responded to. There is nothing more frusterating than an otherwise good topic being ruined by two adults, one in their late teens and one in their late thirties engaged in a pissing contest on the internet over nothing.

My only complaint about this site is that too many threads end up like this…one or two pages of a good debate/discussion followed by 6 pages of, “oh yeah, well you are a…” Ignore the dumbasses and everybody would be better off.

Trailblazer…, LOL…

Your thread is gay… Go back to playting D&D with your nerdy buddies… LOL… LMAO… LMFAO… Moron…

OD