To all idiot soccer fans

Well spoken Steely

How the hell did you know I was from Denver? Anyway, you make a valid point. There have been several occasions where my fellow Denver residents have acted like total idiots and deserved to get tear gassed. To put it lightly, I wasn’t exactly proud to say I was from Denver on those occasions. Unfortunately, I don’t we’ll ever be remembered as the team that won the Stanely Cup or how the CU Buffs won the Orange Bowl; we’ll be remembered as the town that loves to riot afterwards.

I lived in both England and the U.S. and while I am in no way defending the actions of those rioters I think people are missing Dave’s point. Face it, the U.S. is top dog in almost all does, from economy to sport to dominating world populuar culture and the average american can’t grasp the tremendous national pride associated with the world cup or similar events. For smaller countries this tournament is a chance to show the world what you are made of look at Senegal’s upset of France, Ireland’s run in Italia '90 Korea still smarting over a speed scating incedent the U.S, couldn’t care less about, these are matters of national pride. At the same time I’d say U.S. sport fans are just as passionate and partake in the same kind of ugliness (championship rioting, yankee stadium bleechers.) American’s are just more used to winning and not supporting the valiant loser like the British. On a positive note the television ratings for this world cup in the U.S. and the highest ever which is a suprise considering the odd times matches are being shown.

Actually, I’m stalking you. Don’t look so surprised, just look out the window.

Just kidding, you must have mentioned in another post somewhere, and I've got a borderline photographic memory for shit I read. And sports information. And Cypress Hill lyrics. And a few other useless things. If you didn't post that anywhere else, I must be psychic as well.

Anyway, like I said, there are morons everywhere (Denver, Edmonton, Russia....) prepared to act like complete jackasses over just about anything, especially sports, if given the oppurtunity. If they only killed each other off in their riots, it might be an effective form of natural selection, but unfortunately there always seems to innocent bystanders and police officers that get hurt as well...

Dave, you MUST look into a spell check. Your posts are physically painful. There are too many errors to catologue. Please look up each word over two syllables before writing. You receive a D-. The only thing seperating you from an F, is the passion that you show. I disagree with almost all of your points, however, there is some passion. Please, for the love of humanity, proofread.

Actually, if DD really loved humanity he’d get a vasectomy.

Wut’s up guv’nor? Me and the lads thought of properly finishing off this pint and having a go after the footie matches. Wut I thought was the Belgians was a bunch of wankers. Crack a few bloody heads, I say.

2 WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP

Tell me JRC, do you think it would be fair to say all Americans are idiots just because you’re such a retard?

I’ll have some faith in your obviously limited understanding of things and hope you get my point. Don’t bother answering because i won’t check this thread again.

USA just beat Mexico to progress to 1/4’s V Germany it will be interesting to the reaction to that!!!

I think the US side looks pretty good, they have a great level of fitness and a few legitimate goal scoring threats which they have never had in the past. the only problem is that they can’t seem to win a ball in the air which is dangerous facing Germany. I hope they upset the Germans and England exposes a shaky brazilian defense.

Well the Mexican fans took their loss well behaved.

The Mexican-AMERICANS, on the other hand, acted like hoodlums, throwing a mini riot in the streets of LA.

I have no sympathy for anyone hit by a rubber bullet or teargas.