T Nation

TN Strongest Man

Competition coming up in Memphis on October 6th if any of you guys from TN or close by would wanna come out. Its a pretty light show in comparison. First weight for light weights second weight for over 231.5

Axle Clean and Press for Reps- 235/260lbs cleaned each Rep
H Stone- 250/300lbs Max distance
Car Deadlift- 600/700 1 min
Yoke farmers Medley-600/220. 700/250
Stone over 52" bar- 250/280

Would be a good show for some new guys to get there feet wet. $40 to enter no deadlines no late fees.

What time does it start and where exactly in Memphis is it? I probably won’t compete as I’m haven’t practiced any strongman events but I literally yesterday started looking into transitioning from PL to Strongman. I think my leverages are probably more favorable for SM. But w/o any event training I can’t see myself dropping the cash on it. Anyways, would be interested to come watch

Cordova TN right around Memphis( I was told to way Memphis cause no one has clue where Cordova is ) at the Fox and Hound Bar and Grill starts at 11am October 6.
Nastrongman.com
Click on Upcoming competition( top of page next to message board )
Click on TN Strongest Man.

Follow those steps site has all the info you could need.

I’ll be there watching and cheering :slight_smile:

Well introduce yourself be cool to meet some of the other guys on the forum. Ill be the little Guy in the comp.

I wish I could come by and watch. I have always wanted to compete in strongman, and it would be amazing to watch and talk in person with people who know what they’re doing. I like it more than powerlifting if I’m honest. Unfortunately despite living in TN, I’m in Knoxville, so I’m still 6 hours drive away… stupidly long state.

Good luck though!

Csulli- hey just so you know there is talk of a show going to be put on in Knoxville around mid to late November. Have not set Any thing in stone yet. However I will keep you posted but events just tor a heads are most likely going to be Viking Press, Car Deadlift, Conans Wheel or H Stone Carry, Farmer Yoke Medley and Stone Over Bar. Not sure on weights or distances yet but not supposed to be a super heavy show.

[quote]Reed wrote:
Well introduce yourself be cool to meet some of the other guys on the forum. Ill be the little Guy in the comp.[/quote]

I’ll be in a T-Nation shirt, probably to some people’s disliking :slight_smile:

Hope its a good show I unfortunately will not be able to make due to military obligation. Please take some photos and what not and post em up if you can.

i would like to go and check this out, im trying to get into strongman, just bought some implements and had my first day training with them, not stellar by any means :frowning: I’ve seen this show on the NAS website and thought about jumping in and doing it but im no where CLOSE to being ready, Im in kentucky and met the state chair of NAS last saturday, davey mccann, he says there will probably be 4-5 shows in kentucky this upcoming year (2013 in guessing) so ill probably stick to one of those, would be cool to come and watch though! Good luck to anyone and everyone whos doing it!!!

[quote]Reed wrote:
Hope its a good show I unfortunately will not be able to make due to military obligation. Please take some photos and what not and post em up if you can.[/quote]

Aww that’s a bummer, I love meeting T-Nation people.

I’ll get a bunch of photos going!

[quote]pure_country wrote:
i would like to go and check this out, im trying to get into strongman, just bought some implements and had my first day training with them, not stellar by any means :frowning: I’ve seen this show on the NAS website and thought about jumping in and doing it but im no where CLOSE to being ready, Im in kentucky and met the state chair of NAS last saturday, davey mccann, he says there will probably be 4-5 shows in kentucky this upcoming year (2013 in guessing) so ill probably stick to one of those, would be cool to come and watch though! Good luck to anyone and everyone whos doing it!!![/quote]

come on down, watch some lifts, eat some BBQ after.

[quote]corstijeir wrote:

[quote]pure_country wrote:
i would like to go and check this out, im trying to get into strongman, just bought some implements and had my first day training with them, not stellar by any means :frowning: I’ve seen this show on the NAS website and thought about jumping in and doing it but im no where CLOSE to being ready, Im in kentucky and met the state chair of NAS last saturday, davey mccann, he says there will probably be 4-5 shows in kentucky this upcoming year (2013 in guessing) so ill probably stick to one of those, would be cool to come and watch though! Good luck to anyone and everyone whos doing it!!![/quote]

come on down, watch some lifts, eat some BBQ after.[/quote]

Me and a friend are considering coming and watching, itd definately be fun, not sure how far the drive would be from hazard ky though lol