T Nation

TMW/Intermittent Fasting

I watch these videos from time to time on youtube by these two milk chocolate men and they are pretty funny and usually advocate compound exercises, good food no fad dieting etc etc.

Anyhooo, I was wondering if their new thing, intermittent fasting was any good for cutting after a bulk, surely starving yourself most of the day is not a good way to build or retain muscle?

Intermittent fasting is excellent. John Berardi e-book.

Those dudes are entertaining. I like their schtick.

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
by these two milk chocolate men
[/quote]

[quote]PB Andy wrote:

[quote]BonnotGang wrote:
by these two milk chocolate men
[/quote]
[/quote]

The milk is from the loads I blow over their fine black asses, sexy dudes, mmmmmm.

[quote]arramzy wrote:
Intermittent fasting is excellent. John Berardi e-book.[/quote]

TY dude, downloaded the PDF

Leangains one seems far better than the Warrior diet one, more suitable for me too. Combining the 8/16 fast period with 3 days 5x5 and 3 days cardio with a keto only meal plan would probably get you ripped out of your fucking mind.

My only problem is I am a weak fuck as it is, not eating for long periods and doing cardio will probably make me lose the tiny amount of muscle I have, well that is my BroFear.

Would Keto with zero or up to 30 grams of carbs a day be safe coupled with IF?

I am nearly benching bodyweight now if I can maintain strength on my first cut I will be able to bench my own bodyweight and for reps, when I was hugely overweight and couldn’t bench 8kg dumbbells at about 15 and a half stone I always figured I would never be able to do that, so if I can get to benching my bodyweight or over by next month it will be something I have been working towards since I started losing weight about 2 years and 4 and a half stone ago.

If you have no muscle, then just eat a full diet and you will gain mass and pontentially lose fat at the same time… Utilize the noob gains…

[quote]arramzy wrote:
If you have no muscle, then just eat a full diet and you will gain mass and pontentially lose fat at the same time… Utilize the noob gains…[/quote]

nothin sexy to that though